g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

The fact that no US consortium garbage has been mentioned is magnificent. I sincerely hope it stays that way.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So SJR bid will change nothing. Our current debt remains and no assurance on infrastructure investment. Looks like “British bid” is not that good

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Its called sportswashing. Foremost they are dictators and want to keep power by establishing good relations with the west. Investment in the west is the best for this. most recently we have seen gulf states invest in sport, spending big money to get the F1 to Saudi Arabia, competing with the PGA tour by having an alternate tour where the money is better.

Sure they will hang homosexuals in their home country and whip women who leave the house with their knees showing. But they will gladly invest in women's football and allow the vessel club to promote LGBTQ rights, even if it is disingenuous.

Money goes a long way in having someone forfeit their moral conviction. Although after City and Newcastle accepted got taken over by Arabian dictatorships, its pretty much cut the grass for other premier league clubs to have their own dictator.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. Arsenal & British till I die. No shit 350m for Neymar would ever cause me to forget who I am.
:lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The fact that no US consortium garbage has been mentioned is magnificent. I sincerely hope it stays that way.
There is no obligation for them to go public. There could be 2 or 20 bids, we won't know.

Mr. Robot

These are the guys responsible for the human rights violations in building the world cup. All is forgiven, as sportswashing is alive and well in the city of Manchester.
Someone start a "GoonerInPeace Goes Into Meltdown" thread.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They’re getting their asking price. I’m team Jim but his PR game is fecking awful. Qatar guy releases a statement saying he will clear the debt, put the fans at the heart of the club, invest any profits into the community and invest significantly in infrastructure…Jim leaks to sources that he will put the Manchester back in Manchester with no ADDITIONAL debt. That’s it. Come on! Get in the fecking game ffs.
Agree. It's either a weak bid or a weak statement.

Fooza

Its called sportswashing. Foremost they are dictators and want to keep power by establishing good relations with the west. Investment in the west is the best for this. most recently we have seen gulf states invest in sport, spending big money to get the F1 to Saudi Arabia, competing with the PGA tour by having an alternate tour where the money is better.

Sure they will hang homosexuals in their home country and whip women who leave the house with their knees showing. But they will gladly invest in women's football and allow the vessel club to promote LGBTQ rights, even if it is disingenuous.

Money goes a long way in having someone forfeit their moral conviction. Although after City and Newcastle accepted got taken over by Arabian dictatorships, its pretty much cut the grass for other premier league clubs to have their own dictator.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. Arsenal & British till I die. No shit 350m for Neymar would ever cause me to forget who I am.
GoonerInMeltdown

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

You play at the Emirates

Edit - In my entire time at this forum I have never seen someone so delusional

Castia

Really going for this 'British' and 'Manchester back into Manchester' approach isn't he

He's got this one completely wrong the vast majority of fans give no fecks where the money is coming from and won't back that stance when there's an offer on the table from a company/state worth upwards of 300B

However he tries dressing it up he's bringing debt with his bid no thanks

Flanders Devil

Hope this is appropriate thread for this type of observation, without being disrespectful... Anyone else see a resemblance between Sheik Jassem and Pierre Emile Hojbjerg??

If Hojbjerg is our first midfield signing then I'll be asking questions.

mu4c_20le

Post of the year.

Should be pinned

Zlatattack

Are you American? With that level of understanding of Geography where you mix Qatar and the Taliban, you have to be American.

Vapor trail

Horrendous post

Anustart89

What does it say on the front of your team's shirt?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully this doesn’t take too long & the Qataris will be confirmed as new owners.

LordSpud

So SJR bid will change nothing. Our current debt remains and no assurance on infrastructure investment. Looks like “British bid” is not that good
He was pro-Brexit and that was all largely a load of lies which also scares me. Just not very strong from SJR/Ineos

Rolaholic

Yea it's been oddly quiet on that front especially with the Raine group being involved.

Been the complete opposite of their Chelsea sale where the majority of prospective buyers were American consortiums. Maybe because of the mega valuation involved this time around?

I don't mind at all, we've had enough of American led ownership to last our lifetime :lol: :houllier:

Von Mistelroum

Hmm, really quite worried about this Ratcliffe deal. It sounds like he's going to be getting into debt pretty heavily if he gets the club. Can't see it being kept away from the club either and if our owner struggles then I imagine we'll struggle too.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So 2 bids are declared. Since no other bids have been declared and seeing how someone will absolutely want to declare 5bn investment in one of the world’s most famous sporting institution, its safe to say its just two serious bidders. Next round should seal it i guess

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

We lost Glaston but we have found his Arsenal equivalent. Welcome to the forum.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Debt in the billions. No commitment to the stadium, he’ll be answering to Wallstreet ( us investment ). People didn’t want US investment to buy us, this is what the Ratcliff bid is.
He'll make us British and great again and bring back Moyes though so there's that.

RedDevil@84

You need a lie down, I guess.

Castia

Nice Emirates Stadium you have there whilst wearing you're Emirates sponsored shirts :lol:

Do one

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
These are the guys responsible for the human rights violations in building the world cup. All is forgiven, as sportswashing is alive and well in the city of Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.