Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Isn’t this what’s happening exactly over in Liverpool? I think Joel and John have found that since the ESL is a no-go then the money to really invest in their respective clubs is no longer there, and therefore it’s selling time.

Just hope we don’t get some oil state. We don’t need oil money, We need people who can put money in once in a while and most of the time just let us spend the money we make. If anything that ‘once in a while’ can be just one big project… like a ‘New Trafford’ so to speak.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He ruled himself out when the Glazers had no intention to sell. This latest news suggest they are moving towards a position to sell?
They could’ve given him a ridiculous valuation and he assumed they weren’t being serious

Member 101269

oh wow that would be incredible

——————Rashford
—————— Martial

Mbappe———————Antony
Garnacho ——————— Sancho

—————Fernandes
————— Ericssen

——CasemiroBellingham——
————- Fred — Mejbri

At least two more replacements

Strootman's Finger

He ruled himself out when the Glazers had no intention to sell. This latest news suggest they are moving towards a position to sell?
But his comment was more along the lines of, I will never buy any football club ever, it doesn't make financial sense.

Møllemanden

What are the odds of us getting rid of the Glazers, and at the same time, avoid a sportswashing situation...?

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
I used to work in a bank and we would dread things being “leaked” by Mark Kleinman because those in the industry knew he didn’t put his names to stories unless he knew for sure they were true.

Was doubtful when I heard the news but when I saw the story came from him that doubt evaporated…

Good day for us all I think!

Tarrou

What you are on about, he said it, he's ruled himself out of buying United or any other club and will focus on Lille. Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it isn't real. Want proof, it's called google.
i googled it and found nothing which is why I asked, calm down

JJ12

What are the odds of us getting rid of the Glazers, and at the same time, avoid a sportswashing situation...?
I was hoping this sportswashing sham would be over after this World Cup. Seems to be getting stronger though.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Interest rates.
That might well be the case. If they are highly leveraged then they might need the money. In which case this is good news.

" It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked." Warren Buffett

On the other hand if the club is highly leveraged then that's not so good. And if we can't get good sponsorship deals because of bad publicity, the lack of Ronaldo and a decline in support then the books might be looking quite ugly?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I suppose having a person with a combined billion followers on social media call you out publically that you can't fix a swimming pool in twelve years has rattled them.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can someone enlighten me why people believe this all of a sudden? I'm pretty sure we were down this road just a couple of months ago?
It’s obvious something has been simmering with the clubs ownership this year. Nothing for 17 years then over the past few months it’s really ramped up.

strandty

Do they have to announce when the market is open or closed?
From https://www.omm.com/resources/alert...erial-news-by-listed-companies/?sc_lang=zh-CN:

The current version of Section 202.06 requires listed companies to provide notice to the NYSE ten minutes in advance of the release of material news, if the information is scheduled to be released during market hours (between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time) or “shortly before” the opening of trading on the exchange (between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Eastern time). The amendments extend the pre-market hours during which companies must give notice to the NYSE before announcing material news by requiring listed companies to notify the NYSE of any announcements made at or after 7:00 a.m. Eastern time. Accordingly, pursuant to the amendments, NYSE-listed companies will be required to notify the NYSE at least ten minutes before the release of any material news between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time.

Utd7

If you think about it, although the Glazers may prefer only a partial sale, what smart business person would willingly GIVE the incompetent Glazers their own money? AND with no control? You’d have to be batshite crazy. And billionaires don’t become billionaires by doing batshite crazy moves with large sums of money. A full sale could be very viable.

Member 101269

Just need a yank with more money than sense. Same as Chelsea. If anything, this is the most likely outcome.

Whether it will leave us in a better situation remains to be seen.
I'd rather see a few investors who can add value through marketing.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Just hope we don’t get some oil state. We don’t need oil money,
It may be that we do. If the EPL becomes an annual fight between Newcastle and CIty then everyone else looks like Athletico Madrid.

K Stand Knut

Why do people do this to themselves??

It’s utter rubbish.

For whatever perverse reason, timed to come out with the Ronaldo announcement

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't want to spoil a mood here but seems to me that their A plan is to find another partner while they still control the club

JJ12

Eiriksen is our new signing. Alongside with Casimiro, Martines, Mallacia and Anthony
How can you support United and get all of their new transfers names wrong?

lol

Infestissumam

fully expect this to be the worst scenario, meaning they'll just bring in some super shady and reprehensible third party investor ...

... but I'll take the small glimmer of hope that they might actually sell. Fingers crossed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'd rather see a few investors who can add value through marketing.
I’d rather a mad passionate fan with billions of pounds he’s willing to lose. That’s a pipe dream though. The most likely outcome is a wealthy yank. Most likely because the dollar is so strong right now. And yank billionaires have a habit of investing in sports franchises. So we’ll be swapping one yank for another. Meh.

FujiVice

If you think about it, although the Glazers may prefer only a partial sale, what smart business person would willingly GIVE the incompetent Glazers their own money? AND with no control? You’d have to be batshite crazy. And billionaires don’t become billionaires by doing batshite crazy moves with large sums of money. A full sale could be very viable.
They've been up for a partial sale for years by all accounts. The Newcastle owners were offered a percentage of the club a while ago. You'd have to imagine they're looking to get out with this attempt. It doesnt look like there are people out there daft enough to give them £700 million for little say in this current financial climate.

tomaldinho1

Glazer PR Chief: what can we do to a)distract the fan base and b)provide some positivity after a player has forced an exit? What are our usuals?
PR Lackey: Gaitan?
Chief: They’ve seen through that one
Lackey: Bale?
Chief: Too similar
Lackey: OT rebuild?
Chief: We just ran that story, give me something else!
Lackey: Glazers ‘thinking’ about selling.
Chief: Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.