g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That’s not true though.

Likely on for a third 5th place finish in 4 years, dared to go for a new young manager, dared to bring in a new young really highly rated DOF. Currently the form team in France.
Don't think this is the case. Took over in August 2019:

Not that I think Nice has much bearing on what they'd do here, but they've basically been treading water.

Mainoldo

Yes, i don't give a flying feck about what owners do outside football. I have literally zero issues with that.
Also all this outrage regarding ME ownership is highly amusing for me. Because level of hypocrisy is astonishing.
Say it with chest:D

Fed up of fake outrage.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Well BBC last night said there's also confirmed interest from two US parties and there was some reported interest from Saudi.

I dont know if they've disclosed any bid though.
BBC article was more like “it’s expected” and then went on to confirm 2 bids made. Any bid yesterday’s surely would have leaked by now dont you think?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
No mention of investment in infrastructure or how Ineos would fund that
It’s not vital at this point. It can come in the future, and would likely be part of the ‘make United the greatest team in the world’ but of the statement - WC stadium and training facilities leading the way like we used to.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Media pushed Poch, fans pushed ETH. As usual, we know more. Qatar is the one.

Oh, the original debt was in quite awful terms. It was taken in 2005 or whatever when the interest rates were relatively high, and it was considered a risky debt so of course it had crazy interest. However, it was refinanced a couple of times (I believe in 2012 and another time later), when the interest rates were essentially close to 0, so I do not think it would have been 5% or whatever the interest rates are now.
No billionaire like INEOS is paying what Joe Bloggs pays man :lol:

If United currently pay 18m /year, it’s likely we have 3-4%. I’d expect INEOS to get much better than that but 18m a year is truly peanuts for them.

Nogbadthebad

The glaring omission in the ineos statement is the stadium.

Even if you are comfortable with a goldman sachs funded debt purchase of the club, where is the investment in the stadium coming from.

To compete, we need two things - to be debt free as a club and to have the right training facilities and modern stadium.

There are no good people bidding for us, this is not a good v evil situation, its a bunch of rich sociopaths, every one of which would bulldoze your home with you in it if it benefitted them, so the only thing we can do as fans is want the best outcome for the club.

That, right now, would not seem to be Ineos.

AndySmith1990

Ineos statement is so disappointing. No mention of squad investment or infrastructure development.
It explicitly states their intentions of making United the best team in the world and winning the CL. They obviously can't achieve either without significant investment

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It explicitly states their intentions of making United the best team in the world and winning the CL. They obviously can't achieve either without significant investment
Well then say it? It’s a PR disaster if they don’t plan on doing it. The Qatar bid is miles ahead in terms of getting support.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yes, i don't give a flying feck about what owners do outside football. I have literally zero issues with that.
Also all this outrage regarding ME ownership is highly amusing for me. Because level of hypocrisy is astonishing.
Doesn't say much about you that mate. At least you're honest though.

HarryP

I think an INEOS takeover would be less controversial and more straightforward.

Does anyone really think that the Qataris will be allowed walk in and buy Manchester United without major opposition and resistance? It's just not going to happen. The other PL clubs won't want it and will lobby the PL to stop it happening. And between the obvious links to the Qatar state and the PSG ownership issue, they will have plenty of ammunition.

Just because they allowed the Saudi deal to get through doesn't mean they won't block this. They are more than capable of being hypocrites.

Qatar may get their wish in the end but I'm certain it won't be plain sailing.

red thru&thru

Is it unbalanced to assume, given City and Newcastle’s shady hierarchies, that this Qatari bid is actually tied to the state? I don’t think it’s unbalanced at all, rather investigative journalism.
How much have The Athletic reported on SJRs greenwashing? The fact he doesn't pay taxes in the UK? INEOS owning 2 other European teams and how how would navigate around that?

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Bit off topic but my god this Kaveh fella is rough to listen to.

Speaks. With. So. Many. Pauses.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Mate calm down. I just repeated what others wrote and i am not from Britain so got the city wrong. There is no conspiracy against SJR. But his “British bid for British club” is hilarious for a lot of people who dont have clear preference and have reservations for both bid
I’m calm, and in no way seduced by promises of untold riches.
Maybe check your information next time - mindlessly parroting the narrative is how we end up with fake news and faux outrage.

Don't think this is the case. Took over in August 2019:

Not that I think Nice has much bearing on what they'd do here, but they've basically been treading water.
So
17/18: 8th
18/19: 7th

Which is what I said. Ahhh sorry, 6th since takeover.

Either way, there’s no “farce to be seen on that graph”.

red thru&thru

I think an INEOS takeover would be less controversial and more straightforward.

Does anyone really think that the Qataris will be allowed walk in and buy Manchester United without major opposition and resistance? It's just not going to happen. The other PL clubs won't want it and will lobby the PL to stop it happening. And between the obvious links to the Qatar state and the PSG ownership issue, they will have plenty of ammunition.

Just because they allowed the Saudi deal to get through doesn't mean they won't block this. They are more than capable of being hypocrites.

Qatar may get their wish in the end but I'm certain it won't be plain sailing.
Will be interesting to see fans at the game tomorrow and their protests again Jassime's offer.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I’m calm, and in no way seduced by promises of untold riches.
Maybe check your information next time - mindlessly parroting the narrative is how we end up with fake news and faux outrage.
Yeah for sure you sound calm.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thanks!

The name suggests they probably have the backing of some of the class of 92. I expect Becks to be involved in some capacity.
Agree with you there mate. Interesting to see Becks take a bit of a spotlight role at the World Cup on behalf of Qatar. I guess the guy with the golden smile could well end up being in the directors box in a few weeks time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That’s not true though.

Likely on for a third 5th place finish in 4 years, dared to go for a new young manager, dared to bring in a new young really highly rated DOF. Currently the form team in France.
Nice have stagnated and underwhelmed since Ineos took over which is strange when you consider that Nice already had recent infrastrutures and that the only short term focus was on the Football side which was decent.

And there is nothing daring about appointing Digard as an interim manager, it would have been impressive if they appointed him last summer since he was doing a good job with their reserve, as for Ghisolfi it's even less daring since we are talking about the man that was doing the same job for Lens who have less money and have been better since their promotion.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hate to break it to you but they still have the the death penalty on the books for acts of male homosexuality for muslims (though it's not used) and 3 years for non-muslims. There's no chance a member of the royal family or anyone of note is coming out as gay.
And the vast majority on here want this shower to be our owners.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
What's the actual chances of SJR actually successfully buying the club? Not liking the fact that under him we'd still have big debt

dove

What’s not to love about that?
I guess there is nothing not to love but at the same time not much to love. It's saying something without actually saying anything that is relevant as if it was written by a politician. It's conveniently missing basically all the things that we want to get rid of the Glazers for. Stadium, debt, other infrastructure etc.

fallengt

This read like a "make United great again". Sounds kinda nice but I still have no idea how they are going to invest in the club. For starter a revamped stadium would be nice, don't you think?
Also, majority ownership? What does it mean... He's going to be co-owner with someone?

Revan

Assumptionman
No billionaire like INEOS is paying what Joe Bloggs pays man :lol:

If United currently pay 18m /year, it’s likely we have 3-4%. I’d expect INEOS to get much better than that but 18m a year is truly peanuts for them.
No bank gives debt with interest rates lower than the interest rates set by the central bank. Goldman and JPMorgan won’t give debt with interest lower than 4.75% (the current rate set by the Fed). The interest rates are gonna increase to 5-5.5% this year. So expect a 6% or so the lowest anyone can take.

TheReligion

Abusive
You know this is going to happen. :lol:

Hey we are using American banks to allow a Chelsea season ticket holder born in london to buy United so that we can bring “Manchester back into Manchester United”:lol:

What the hell that catchphrase even mean? Its like Make America great again catchphrase of Donald Trump
Bit of a daft comment. Do your research mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.