Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We’re pointing out (over and over and over again) that your moral high ground is all a farce and you have absolutely no right to judge people for continuing their support for the club even if they don’t agree with Qatari governmental policies.
This is how the convo went.

A: USA is just as bad as Qatar.
B: okay if you agree with that, why don’t you stop supporting united now then?
A: USA don’t own United
B: then why bring up the USA.

It makes no sense. It’s a silly argument. The logic doesn’t follow.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Call me crazy but it’s a tad hypocritical.

A person that has directly benefited from financial investment from ME money is criticising people that want the club to benefit financially from ME money.

It’s pretty comparable if you ask me.
The argument you’re making is that someone who is against Qatari ownership should do what if their house price rises because of Qatari investment in the area.

What is expected of that individual?

UDontMessWith24

It's not even remotely comparable situations, even if it's tempting to call out someone who goes so hard in on the moral aspect. You can't expect someone to uproot their lives solely because of investments in the area they might not like the source of.

It's a very interesting debate though - where should you draw the line? I'm tempted to say if you hammer that argument against those who might have a different view on what is important for them regarding ownership of their football club and are not willing to even accept anyone having different priorities, then you should absolutely adhere to that in other aspects in life.
100% spot on. If someone chooses to stop supporting United because of who the owner/s are, nobody has the right to tell them they’re wrong, but to act like they’re a moral authority over those who would continue to support the club is just comical.

laughtersassassin

is it? The Glazers have spent a good fair amount under their tenure/after Fergie.

they’ve generally spent it badly, but now we have a new setup - a great manager and a better negotiater for transfers. So keep spending the same and we could see a great next 10 years. Its not Woodward at the wheel anymore.

Glazers are cnuts but the current setup is actually not bad. They’ve finally got the employments right with hiring Ten Hag, buying Casemiro, Martinez, etc.
The Glazers are cnuts who crippled the club and continue to do so. Don't understand how there is a United fan alive who could defend them.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What is Manchester United expected to do?
What is a fan supposed to do?

Well they could stick to their morals and stop supporting a regime they find abhorrent. Or they can admit the football clubs success (not the football club - just winning) is more important than their morals.

They’re the only two options.

UDontMessWith24

This is how the convo went.

A: USA is just as bad as Qatar.
B: okay if you agree with that, why don’t you stop supporting united now then?
A: USA don’t own United
B: then why bring up the USA.

It makes no sense. It’s a silly argument. The logic doesn’t follow.
You just tried to make a point using a basic logical fallacy while criticizing someone else’s logic. Hilarious, and totally on brand :lol:

Big Ray

Any reason why the season ticket prices are going up now? Is it likely a planned thing that just pushes ahead despite the sale talk?

Strelok

Well they could stick to their morals and stop supporting a regime they find abhorrent. Or they can admit the football clubs success (not the football club - just winning) is more important than their morals.

Option three: my life is too boring and I'm addicted to United. Like I know smoking is bad but I can't quit. My case btw.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Yeah just as you did.

BarstoolProphet

Call me crazy but it’s a tad hypocritical.

A person that has directly benefited from financial investment from ME money is criticising people that want the club to benefit financially from ME money.

It’s pretty comparable if you ask me.
I would rather call it indirectly. Directly implies that it is by choice, which would indeed be hypocritical. Only comparable part is that we can't do anything about it to a varying degree in both situations.

Berbaclass

Again - explain what your argument is. Your argument seems to be that because I’m against Qatar I should do x when my house property goes up because of gentrification.
My argument is you should stop acting like you are morally superior to others.

BarstoolProphet

That is extremely harsh and narrow view. If you are of that opinion then I hope you follow through with in any aspects of life where you can take a stand (phone, laptop, clothes, holidays etc.).

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
My argument is you should stop acting like you are morally superior to others.
No that isn’t your argument.

Go on, see your argument through. You claim that I’m a hypocrite because I “directly” benefited from Middle East sportswashing. I had a house near Ancoats that saw property value increase whilst decrying the Qatari ownership of Manchester United.

What actions should I have taken to not be seen as a hypocrite? Say it out loud and post it.

What actions

dove

That is extremely harsh and narrow view. If you are of that opinion then I hope you follow through with in any aspects of life where you can take a stand (phone, laptop, clothes, holidays etc.).
A reply of "I don't support or cheer for my phone" is incoming any moment.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If you’ve been posting against Qatari ownership and saying how disgusting the regime is for years and now support it - what other options are there?

BarstoolProphet

Preach, feck these journo parasites with their cushy connections to the club, Whitwell chief among them.
Also I find it hilarious that lazy sports journos now suddenly are now beacon of morals. Like Delaney, who actively decided to work for a company owned by Russian oligarch plus big KSA investor (which then surely must have ties to House of Saud by their logic).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Preach, feck these journo parasites with their cushy connections to the club, Whitwell chief among them.
I expect they're all just worried they're about to lose all their sources in the event of a takeover, which is highly likely.

Berbaclass

No that isn’t your argument.

Go on, see your argument through. You claim that I’m a hypocrite because I “directly” benefited from Middle East sportswashing. I had a house near Ancoats that saw property value increase whilst decrying the Qatari ownership of Manchester United.

What actions should I have taken to not be seen as a hypocrite? Say it out loud and post it.

What actions
I think you are already fully aware.

cyberman

It's not even remotely comparable situations, even if it's tempting to call out someone who goes so hard in on the moral aspect. You can't expect someone to uproot their lives solely because of investments in the area they might not like the source of.

It's a very interesting debate though - where should you draw the line? I'm tempted to say if you hammer that argument against those who might have a different view on what is important for them regarding ownership of their football club and are not willing to even accept anyone having different priorities, then you should absolutely adhere to that in other aspects in life.
Either he doesn’t want to turn down the financial benefits of his situation or he is too attached to where he lives to moves.
If it’s the first instance then he has no right to dig up old posts of others and shout at them on a forum. If it’s the second instance then he is shouting at people who are in the exact emotional situation as he was.
Morals just aren’t morals when you’re posting on a forum. Especially when he says it was out of his hands as if it separated te situation from this which is…out of our hands
You can’t lambast somebody for accepting oil money at United that they aren’t even receiving themselves when you are actually pocketing the benefits of oil money yourself.
It’s not even being that harsh.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Also I find it hilarious that lazy sports journos now suddenly are now beacon of morals. Like Delaney, who actively decided to work for a company owned by Russian oligarch plus big KSA investor (which then surely must have ties to House of Saud by their logic).
It's fine, clearly his investigative powers only stretch only as far as other companies, not the one he works for.

TheReligion

Abusive

Either he doesn’t want to turn down the financial benefits of his situation or he is too attached to where he lives to moves.
If it’s the first instance then he has no right to dig up old posts of others and shout at them on a forum. If it’s the second instance then he is shouting at people who are in the exact emotional situation as he was.
Morals just aren’t morals when you’re posting on a forum. Especially when he says it was out of his hands as if it separated te situation from this which is…out of our hands
You can’t lambast somebody for accepting oil money at United that they aren’t even receiving themselves when you are actually pocketing the benefits of oil money yourself.
Quite an interesting slant on it

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Your argument is that I should have done what?

BarstoolProphet

If you’ve been posting against Qatari ownership and saying how disgusting the regime is for years and now support it - what other options are there?
Does that apply to many? Just find the whole guilt tripping thing a bit off, which seems to be aimed at everyone not completely morally disgusted at the possibility of ME ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.