Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Keegan said there would be 2-3 bidding rounds last week. We’re now approaching that next stage once bidders get access to the full books. It’s all going as it was outlined.
Exactly. It’s a confidential process with NDA’s involved etc.

Little to no updates are expected

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Qatar just needs to come in with 6bn. I say "just".. 6 billion is a lot of dough.
I love the way people just casually add 1 billion to figures as if their logic is like well, 5 and 6 are numbers next to each other :lol:

Castia

Mate they are not selling right now :lol: Avram himself could come out after the League Cup final and announce they're staying and a few folks in here will say its a negotiation tactic...
They’ve hired the Raine Group for a sale and have some of the most powerful people in the world interested, they’d look like absolute mugs if they don’t sell now

That being said my ass is twitching because you just never know with these idiots

arthurka

This will be the biggest sale in sports and they know it. Anyone having doubts should just stay calm something involving these kind of sums won't happen in a flash. They have no other options than to sell.

Telsim

Mate they are not selling right now :lol: Avram himself could come out after the League Cup final and announce they're staying and a few folks in here will say its a negotiation tactic...
Indeed, this thread is starting to remind me of the De Jong thread, where everything was cloak and dagger, and strategy. And in the end it was the word of his missus. And levers, of course. Lots of levers.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If they aren’t selling why does the Financial Times literally say bidders will get access to detailed finances next week? The headline says they’ve told bidders to “up your bids” - of course it’s a sodding negotiation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No, they do not. The only pressure to sell is coming from inside the Glazer family - Kevin, Darcie, Bryan, and Edward. Who will only sell if they are satisfied with the offer. Which they seemingly are not. So they have absolutely no reason to sell. They are not being pressured by financials. They do not need to build or renovate the infrastructure, and they have not run the bank account dry. Make the distinction between what fans want to be done and what the owners need to do. The club has enough money to trudge along for years.
I think you need to make a distinction between the Glazers and the club. The club is losing money, the Glazers aren't really. Yes, in some sense, as owners they're losing money. Certainly, the club's losses are restraining their ability to take money out of it. However, the Glazers aren't losing anything. Not unless they have other, outside, investments depending on United. However, the fact they just bought a cricket franchise suggests they have ready cash.

To some extent that supports your overall point: The Glazers aren't really losing anything from United going to the dogs. So they don't really need to sell it. Especially if they believe that United can get it's costs under control e.g. Ronaldo out, DeGea cheaper contract and it's revenues up.

The Glazers have never shown themselves to be patient investors though. It could take a couple of years to get United's finances back to where they can take lots out every season. Their lack of patience makes me feel they'll take the money offered now, rather than patiently wait for Richard Arnold to fix things.

Andersons Dietician

They hired an investment group and there were two serious formal bids with considerable PR campaigns that's not testing the waters, that's the start of the transaction. You don't ask potential buyers to submit formal bids if you aren't serious.

Glazers are shrewd businessesmen they aren't flip flopping teenagers who would change their mind about selling a $5B dollar asset on the back of a couple of wins.

What if its another false dawn? We started winning games when Ole was in charge and Mourinho finished second. Logically we should have kicked on and started winning titles after that but football doesn't work that way.

They aren't going to gamble billions on the promise that ETH will make us a powerhouse again.

Regarding the Elliot group these hedge funds who would lend you money at exorbitant interest rates are dime a dozen. You don't really need to go through this process just to secure funding for stadium renovations.
But this is how it’s done, just because bids have been made in no way means they have to except the bid. It’s also not flip flopping like a teenager. They asked Reine to see what the possibilities were and they’ve done that. Ineos value United at a certain price and the Qatari value it at a certain price and are serious buyers.

Its always been said their main target was outside investment. The opportunity is there for that now. I hope it isn’t the case and they do sell, but I’m not getting my hopes up. They’ve clearly maximised the profits from United in its current state and only way to improve on that is major investment.

Anyway United will still probably be worth 5bil in 4 years time or even more if they get the investment in. Talk of a rejuvenated super league, new Tv rights, hopefully a successful team, their is more money to be milked out of United yet.

As for false down, for me this team is already looking a million times better than what Ole and Jose produced. We might win nothing this season but given the style and ability of the team now for me it’s surpassed the level of the Europa and finishing 2nd.

We might lose tomorrow but from what I’ve seen this team isn’t far away from properly competing for big titles so again with an investment firm offering what they are, why would they sell. They’d probably be stupid to really.

Hopefully they are just more fed up with the hatred and stuff put towards them and would rather just sell for personal reasons. Here‘s hoping they do sell, because like I said this team already looks like it’ll be in a position soon to be a European threat.

Last edited:

estel_manutd

I really really hope we go on a poor run of form from now until the end of the season, barely making the top 4 but winning nothing else. Short term pain for long term gain.

TheReligion

Abusive
and by the same token the Glazers could announce they have agreed a sale and folks in here will say it’s a bluff and they are seeking investment..

Andersons Dietician

If they aren’t selling why does the Financial Times literally say bidders will get access to detailed finances next week? The headline says they’ve told bidders to “up your bids” - of course it’s a sodding negotiation.
They already had access to those before the first round of bidding. As every potential bidder needed to sign a confidentiality contract.

Sushi Kagawa

People need to relax and stop believing every single story. Stories from reputable sources are the only ones that hold a bit of weight.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
They already had access to those before the first round of bidding. As every potential bidder needed to sign a confidentiality contract.
Nope. They had access to initial information. The next stage is then getting detailed full access to the books. This was outlined by the times, telegraph and Keegan before the soft deadline and has been outlined in the FT piece today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They’re obviously selling, you’ve either got to be thick or a wum to not see that. Those expecting this to happen quickly must be children.
Surely you can get a few more insults into one line :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Nothing new here. The only thing is that Qatar's bid is basically our enterprise value.

They were always going to increase their bid and hopefully that's enough to smoke out the cnuts.

Acquire Me

I think we will see the full sale before the month of may. It’s all about negotiation now and in the end we will learn more about this part as well. I don’t think the media knows anything about the parties involved except Ineos and Qatar. Even if true that this is only a two horse race, it is still about getting the best deal possible for all parties involved. I think it’s more than a two horse race though.

Andersons Dietician

I don't believe they had access to the data room until the indicative bids went in last Friday.
Nope. They had access to initial information. The next stage is then getting detailed full access to the books. This was outlined by the times, telegraph and Keegan before the soft deadline and has been outlined in the FT piece today.
How are you even supposed to put forth a provisional bid if you don’t know the financial state of the asset, Think it was the times that reported on the fact the Saudi consortium had signed the confidentiality agreement to see the state of the finances to be kept in the loop if they wanted to make a bid.

That was at least 2 weeks ago. I mean I could easily be wrong, by no means a financial expert or like I spend my days discussing multi billion dollar transactions. Just going off of something I read a few weeks back.

Edit- many pointing out they probably had access to some sort of limited figures and this is now a more detailed version of the figures. How much we spend on grass seed and bleach for Garnacho‘s hair and so on.

Last edited:

NorryKay

It’s looking likely that the glazers sell. If not why are they moving on to the next stage with the offers.

Infra-red

I don't believe they had access to the data room until the indicative bids went in last Friday.
They already had access to limited financial information, but the next stage data room is reportedly enhanced with more detailed information.

I would agree with those who have said you can't really believe much of what you read while this process is ongoing - a lot of it is sure to be disinformation to further various competing negotiating positions. It's possible that at least some of the Glazers will remain, but you can't put much faith the reports about their intentions at the moment.

Long way to go.

Andersons Dietician

They already had access to limited financial information, but the next stage data room is reportedly enhanced with more detailed information.

I would agree with those who have said you can't really believe much of what you read while this process is ongoing - a lot of it is sure to be disinformation to further various competing negotiating positions. It's possible that at least some of the Glazers will remain, but you can't put much faith the reports about their intentions at the moment.

Long way to go.
Yeah, I don’t believe anything will happen this season anyway. Maybe the summer if we are lucky and they do decide to sell but see if they get the investment and stick around I’ll be gutted.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
That doesn’t make sense, how are you even supposed to put forth a provisional bid if you don’t know the financial state of the asset, Think it was the times that reported on the fact the Saudi consortium had signed the confidentiality agreement to see the state of the finances to be kept in the loop if they wanted to make a bid.
They had access to initial basic financial information to make indicative bids with proof of funds. Now they will get access to the detailed books and the real bidding will begin.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, I don’t believe anything will happen this season anyway. Maybe the summer if we are lucky and they do decide to sell but see if they get the investment and stick around I’ll be gutted.
I’m pretty confident whatever is or isn’t happening will be finalised by the end of this season.

That’s what’s been said pretty consistently by all sides.

Andersons Dietician

They had access to initial basic financial information to make indicative bids with proof of funds. Now they will get access to the detailed books and the real bidding will begin.
I see, I edited my initial response. I’m going to shut up now anyway as I know nothing of big buisness.:lol::lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
I see, I edited my initial response. I’m going to shut up now anyway as I know nothing of big buisness.:lol::lol:
I know sod all too - but what the FT has said is happening is exactly what was outlined by the Times, Telegraph and Keegan who have all broken exclusives during this process - only it has added a bit of Glazer spin with the “we have financing to stay, we’re not in a rush and we aren’t under pressure to sell” bit - AKA write me a cheque with lots of zeros :lol:

Chief123

Indeed, this thread is starting to remind me of the De Jong thread, where everything was cloak and dagger, and strategy. And in the end it was the word of his missus. And levers, of course. Lots of levers.
This certainly has the potential to be an even bigger saga than the FDJ thread.

Exmanc

When the media talk about 6 billion, do they mean for 100% for the club or just 69% that the Glazers own?
Does it include all the debts ( approx £900 including bank overdraft)?
Everything they get now is all profit, after they have received dividends and sold shares to th New York Stock Exchange.
Normal people, like most of us fans, would be more than satisfied for 4 billion, but that’s why they are rich (and greedy b*******)
The worse thing is that they have all the leverage! How can we force them out, boycott only hurts us really, when there’s waiting list of 135,000 for season ticket.

marktan

They're very lucky the Qataris came in, $4.5B is already very high for a sports team (record 4.6b) and Ratcliffe is no mug, he likes buying things at a good price.

The Glazers greed (continuous) could well see them not sell. $5b+ is a massive price for a sports club.

McTerminator

If a fascist power occupies my community, I don’t abandon my community. I might be driven into exile, but I wont turn on my community.

To be clear, both Glazers and Al Thani are such powers.
Can’t argue with that, well said.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I really really hope we go on a poor run of form from now until the end of the season, barely making the top 4 but winning nothing else. Short term pain for long term gain.
Jeez, are you serious, we've been on a long run of poor form until this season, and you want it to continue

FujiVice

The only way the Glazers are staying is if someone is mad enough to include them in a package bigger than what Qatar is offering. If Qatar wants United, they wont stop at the first offer. This isnt a Frenkie De Jong saga. Its a major asset and billions of pounds. If they Qataris dont get us, then they clearly didnt want us that badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.