Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Apple is literally the best option out there. They’re richer than any oil state and don’t come with the baggage of having dodgy human rights records. I don’t get why anyone would actively be against them buying us over as unlikely as it would be.
Thats because you dont understand android fanboys

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Sigh

When did I say states should be allowed to run football teams? I’ve very definitively said the exact opposite countless times in this thread.

Try again.
Oddly enough I don’t look for what Phelan Shorts thinks about everything - I replied to your post - the post where you said EPL teams such as Manchester United shouldn’t have any control of their own media distribution rights. I’m asking how you expect non-state clubs to compete with the likes of City - who are on course for their 6th title in 7 years - if they don’t - and on what basis you believe it to be fair to hamstring traditional clubs in that fashion. State owned clubs are here to stay whether you like it or not.

Now why don’t you try again and answer the actual question. SIGH.

ShinjiNinja26

Apple sweatshops?
I knew someone would reply with that and was actually going to mention it in the original post but If were going down that route then that rules out nearly every potential buyer because you can’t amass the sort of funds needed to buy the club without having shade on your record somewhere.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Which squeaky clean billionaires do you have in mind to takeover then?
I don’t believe any billionaires are squeaky clean. I actually do agree that Apple would be the preferred owners, though I can’t see it happening at all.

Spark

Why does Apple have so much cash reserve anyway?
Historically I think it’s been cheaper to take out loans and spend that, whilst keeping large reserves in the bank. Also tax reasons probably.

Apple buying United would be so bizarre. Imagine they’ll look to do a Red Bull and own a bunch of teams, but just cannot see it happening.

ShinjiNinja26

I don’t believe any billionaires are squeaky clean. I actually do agree that Apple would be the preferred owners, though I can’t see it happening at all.
Exactly. You simply can’t amass the fortunes required to buy the club without doing some form of shady business along the way. I agree it’s very unlikely but they’re by far the best option of the names currently being banded about.

Telsim

What's been Apple's politics regarding investment into their acquisitions? Will they use their massive wealth to develop the club, like the Arabs do, or will they invest minimally to minimize risk? More importantly, will they manage the club competently? Genuine questions, I'm not that familiar with their MO in such cases, although I guess them purchasing a sports team is unprecedented?

Sviken

Please Apple, Bezos, Musk. Just don't let United become a state owned club. I should be happy that the Glazers are finally going to be gone, but at the same time... it's like jumping from a building in order to escape a guy trying to kill you.

croadyman

Apple is number one choice,however that's not realistic so in order of preference it would be

Ortega
Ratcliffe
Ambani
Dubai/Saudi investment

croadyman

Please Apple, Bezos, Musk. Just don't let United become a state owned club. I should be happy that the Glazers are finally going to be gone, but at the same time... it's like jumping from a building in order to escape a guy trying to kill you.
Take the first two but Musk is bluffer

Strootman's Finger

Who do you like then?! I don’t get at all what’s wrong with Apple.
They've openly admitted that they purposefully make the product you have already paid for not work, in order to force you to buy their new product. You got to be an absolute mug to buy an apple product after hearing that. Which brings me to my next point, Apple fanboys are insufferable, and if we get bought by Apple there's an additional half billion insufferable apple fanboys.

Tarrou

glazers are probably leaking all these top brands to drive up the price, the cnuts

I'm pretty certain it'll be an oil funded purchase

Strootman's Finger

If Apple buys us will they put nets outside Old Trafford to catch all the employees who think death is a better option than working for Apple?

ShinjiNinja26

Just had a little look over at Bluemoon to see how they’re taking the news and their United thread seems to be popping off more than this one. They really are obsessed. Not only obsessed but are now shitting themselves as well. :lol:

mu4c_20le

They've openly admitted that they purposefully make the product you have already paid for not work, in order to force you to buy their new product. You got to be an absolute mug to buy an apple product after hearing that. Which brings me to my next point, Apple fanboys are insufferable, and if we get bought by Apple there's an additional half billion insufferable apple fanboys.
Thats just smart business for the first part, like putting coke in coca cola. Agree with the second part.

Ole'sattheWheel

It's not that they make it not work, they limit the performance on older iphones with software updates to preserve battery life (allegedly). You can turn it off in settings

Amarsdd

That’s literally every product that wants to make money.

stw2022

Apple aren't cnuts

Could work

If we are sold we're too valuable an asset for business people to lose to be a state-owned play thing. That's for the likes of Newcastle.

always_hoping

glazers are probably leaking all these top brands to drive up the price, the cnuts

I'm pretty certain it'll be an oil funded purchase
Or nearly as bad they won't sell and all of this is just a ploy to increase the share value.

Turnbl

I don't for any reason believe the Apple thing is more than clickbait, but let's go with it, I would love for them to push out the official United app to all Apple devices in their U2 album style to see the absolute incensed reaction it would create with fans of other clubs

mu4c_20le

Apple aren't cnuts

Could work

If we are sold we're too valuable an asset for business people to lose to be a state-owned play thing. That's for the likes of Newcastle.
Yeah they are the ones with the least baggage. Sweatshop stuff is similar to nike, adidas, etc

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Just had a little look over at Bluemoon to see how they’re taking the news and their United thread seems to be popping off more than this one. They really are obsessed. Not only obsessed but are now shitting themselves as well. :lol:
They're like playing aoe2 with the cobra car cheat. They don't want others to get the same cheat because then they'll be bent over and taken for a ride.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't for any reason believe the Apple thing is more than clickbait, but let's go with it, I would love for them to push out the official United app to all Apple devices in their U2 album style to see the absolute incensed reaction it would create with fans of other clubs
Mandatory with every phone is a United app you can't delete, and when you plug it in to charge it sings Glory Glory Man United until the battery is 100%

mckenzie79

So....Saudi Arabia want to own both Manchester United & Liverpool according to their sports minister.

Along with Newcastle, I'm not sure how that'd work.

Vapor trail

So....Saudi Arabia want to own both Manchester United & Liverpool according to their sports minister.

Along with Newcastle, I'm not sure how that'd work.
He said private sector investors from their region are welcome as it reflects their country well. It's not the same as the PIF.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is why I hate aggregators.

The reporter says he doesn't see Apple bidding with a shift in their strategy. But the aggregator chooses to cherry pick a positive line and push it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.