g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Sounding like a full blown sale is on the cards now, no way do they invite Jassim and Ratcliffe over just to accept minority investment. Their reputation amongst other owners/investors would be in the bin and they will never get a better deal than right now

Tiber

Wonder which vile asset stripping hedge fund is the third bidder

AlPistacho

Who is spending 5bn+ to asset strip? What asset do we have that’s worth 5bn?
Ronaldo must have left some knickers lying around.

But we own Old Trafford, that could get sold and rented back to us. Asset stripping wouldn’t be their first priority but if the investment doesn’t work out that’s what they’d try to do, assuming they don’t get more from selling.

AlPistacho

Have no fear he wont outbid Jassim unless its part of a bigger consortium.
Jim has a habit on playing on society/community sentiments and then betraying them. Surprised he isn’t being called out for this, it’s not hard to find. Promised to build a factory for the INEOS car in Wales, then shifted to France. The rhetoric when he wanted to do it Wales was the same as with a United “ Ratcliffe himself said at the time it was "a significant expression of confidence in British manufacturing" and suggested that this had "always been at the heart of what INEOS stands for"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/jim-ratcliffe-billionaire-brexiteer-who-19441353.amp

AlPistacho

Just imagine if the Qatari family end up being rubbish and in a few years we have OT chanting “Thani’s out”

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Jim has a habit on playing on society/community sentiments and then betraying them. Surprised he isn’t being called out for this, it’s not hard to find. Promised to build a factory for the INEOS car in Wales, then shifted to France. The rhetoric when he wanted to do it Wales was the same as with a United “ Ratcliffe himself said at the time it was "a significant expression of confidence in British manufacturing" and suggested that this had "always been at the heart of what INEOS stands for"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/jim-ratcliffe-billionaire-brexiteer-who-19441353.amp
No matter what you say, the people who are against will just come back with 'nO StAtE oWnerShip in My cLuB'. Of course, that's a legimate view but it does appear simplistic to me.

Also, if you read what HBJ says in that Bloomberg article (apparently no one has), it's actually fascinating. People accuse Qatar of being backwards but the guy almost calls the place as recently as the 80s a backwater. It's no surprise they have a lot of catching up to do.

On the other hand, you have the proven liar and self-serving exploiter Ratcliffe who is actually happy to destroy his own communities but apparently that's all good because of some imaginary moral threshold

mu4c_20le

Imagine if we got bought by some US hedge fund :lol: the club doomed.
It would not surprise me if the Glazers and Raine preferred to sell to Americans. This isn't necessarily about the highest bid and neither of those two would be accepted anyways.

Rightnr

Unidentified American group according to the Times.
This could either be awesome to great (Balmer and friends or something similar) or absolutely dire. Shame we cannot get leaks with the previous warning.

Anyway, feels more and more like Qatar were the original bidders and the Glazers just wanted to go through a full process. Or maybe it was those secret bidders.

I'd prefer a documentary on that , rather than the United backroom, that's for sure.

AlPistacho

No matter what you say, the people who are against will just come back with 'nO StAtE oWnerShip in My cLuB'. Of course, that's a legimate view but it does appear simplistic to me.

Also, if you read what HBJ says in that Bloomberg article (apparently no one has), it's actually fascinating. People accuse Qatar of being backwards but the guy almost calls the place as recently as the 80s a backwater. It's no surprise they have a lot of catching up to do.

On the other hand, you have the proven liar and self-serving exploiter Ratcliffe who is actually happy to destroy his own communities but apparently that's all good because of some imaginary moral threshold
That’s the problem with the Bloomerg interview, I saw it at 2am completely by chance it caught my attention because of the name and mentioned it here because I knew certain journalists would post their own sound bites on Twitter to portray it as negatively as possible & most people won’t watch the whole thing.

Funnily enough those that watched the whole thing tend to think he comes across as very sensible.

Fully agreed about Ratcliffe. Very self serving and predatory. Uses the moral appeal, community spirit and ‘national identity’ only when it suits him and has no track record of actually believing in it, track record is actually to go back on what he’s promised

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Doesn't have the wealth to do so without taking out massive loans.
Not true. He does but who in their right mind would put all that money in upfront? You'd have to have about 25bn in the bank to be able to put 5/6bn in upfront in cash.

Also Sheikh jassim is said to have a personal wealth of 1.2bn. He's getting the money from somebody else in Qatar it's blatantly obvious.

FujiVice

Its hilarious to think that someone with an opening bid of 5 billion is buying us as "an investment." Its clear as day they want to take over the football world if they're throwing money like that at a club.

WalkerTheRed

Not true. He does but who in their right mind would put all that money in upfront? You'd have to have about 25bn in the bank to be able to put 5/6bn in upfront in cash.

Also Sheikh jassim is said to have a personal wealth of 1.2bn. He's getting the money from somebody else in Qatar it's blatantly obvious.
There's massive tax benefits for a company like INEOS (with a £2B annual profit) on top of the obvious cash flow benefits,

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I made a Twitter thread on if we could compete if owned by Jimmy R:

Rightnr

Spoke to a finance buddy and he said Steve Pagliuca is rumoured in financial circles to be the third guy.
Any more insight? I've heard/read the name but nothing beyond that. I think he was also in for Chelsea.

Here's what my quick Google search yielded.
https://theprideoflondon.com/2022/03/29/chelsea-potential-ownership-insight-stephen-pagliuca/

The secrecy of the bid would fit his previous dealings and the guy seems to be into sport big time (article mentions he tried getting the 2024 Olympics to Boston). He seems to own the United of the NBA and his rep is decent as well. Not bad and definitely would be a second choice behind Qatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.