Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilQuebecois

I have been a little out of the loop outside of reading the main titles. Knowing that Sheikh Jassim's group (without the man himself) came yesterday and that Sir Jim came in person with his team today, do you think that Jassim missed the opportunity to make a good impression by not being present? I know I would not exactly have the highest opinion if one of the bidders doesn't show up in person for a round of official talks.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sounds fake as hell but I hope things like this will be happening so the pro-Qatari gang realise that they are stupid as hell.
I am pro Qatari bid but if SJR buy the club then I hope that he will be the best and the most successful custodian for our club ever. We ultimately want what's the best for united

Iowa Red

I have been a little out of the loop outside of reading the main titles. Knowing that Sheikh Jassim's group (without the man himself) came yesterday and that Sir Jim came in person with his team today, do you think that Jassim missed the opportunity to make a good impression by not being present? I know I would not exactly have the highest opinion if one of the bidders doesn't show up in person for a round of official talks.
The only good impression Jassim needs is his final offer for the club.
This isn't like selling a house where if the buyer makes a good impression, the seller can choose to sell to a buyer with a lower bid.
The only thing the Glazers care about is money, not warm and fuzzy goodwill.

DevilRed

I am pro Qatari bid but if SJR buy the club then I hope that he will be the best and the most successful custodian for our club ever. We ultimately want what's the best for united
Qatar is the best. Not only because they have the requisite wealth to transform the club, but also the community around it.

Not to mention that if they fail in our bid, its likely they go and buy the dippers, which would be a monumental feck up on our part and could change the future trajectory of both clubs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Qatar is the best. Not only because they have the requisite wealth to transform the club, but also the community around it.

Not to mention that if they fail in our bid, its likely they go and buy the dippers, which would be a monumental feck up on our part and could change the future trajectory of both clubs.
So we should definitely go with Qatar, because if we don't they may buy our rivals instead is it ?

Rojofiam

The problem is that if Qatar buys United, they are never ever leaving, unless they run the club comically bad.

JagUTD

Fans of a 30 year vintage don't simply go and buy our rivals :wenger:

Unless it's Chelsea :nervous:

DevilRed

So we should definitely go with Qatar, because if we don't they may buy our rivals instead is it ?
Part of the reason why we should.

Have you seen what middle east investment has done to mancity? newcastle?

We would be left behind. Indefinitely.

DevilRed

Fans of a 30 year vintage don't simply go and buy our rivals :wenger:

Unless it's Chelsea :nervous:
Sadly, I doubt any club allegiances take priority when it comes to deploying investor capital.

If it didn't for Jim, then I don' think it would matter in the least bit for any Qatari owner.

JagUTD

Yes, do you want to spend the next decade watching liverpool buy the best players in the world and win everything?
Pretty sure we'd be able to buy some of the best players with Ratcliffe as well. I mean, on paper we've bought some of the most sought after, highly rated players under the Glazers.

Chief123

I imagine because Jim has been to OT quite a lot in his lifetime and probably didn't need the tour??? He did go on to Carrington as well. Wasn't like he went home. Hahaha
The Qatari’s didn’t need all 10 hours to tour Old trafford.

devilish

Sadly, I doubt any club allegiances take priority when it comes to deploying investor capital.

If it didn't for Jim, then I don' think it would matter in the least bit for any Qatari owner.
SJR tried to buy Chelsea

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This is surely just a matter of time now. No way SJR/INEOS could match that.
SJR could sell his stake in INEOS if he wanted and the cost of United would be less than half of what he would get - he can afford it of he chooses

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Part of the reason why we should.

Have you seen what middle east investment has done to mancity? newcastle?

We would be left behind. Indefinitely.
So basically, we should adopt a model of buying our way to success to win more trophies than the competition ?

JagUTD

The Qatari’s didn’t need all 10 hours to tour Old trafford.
Maybe it took so long due to having to fax Jassim the details of the meetings?

If he'd bothered to turn up, things would have gone quicker. Talk about bone idle!

JagUTD

So basically, we should adopt a model of buying our way to success to win more trophies than the competition ?
It's definitely not something we've tried before to very limited success.

devilish

The problem is that if Qatar buys United, they are never ever leaving, unless they run the club comically bad.
You don't know about that. I don't like this scorched earth tactic. We want our club to be successful irrespective of the owner

JagUTD

The whole concept of the Qataris being the better option because they'll be able to spend vast sums of money makes no sense at all.

City are not successful because they only spend huge sums of money but because they basically took the entire set up of the most successful side of the late 2000s and early 2010s.

PSG haven't been as successful (harder to win the PL than L1) because their set up is a shambles. As was United's for a decade. Liverpool got it right for a while and Madrid are just a machine.

So which clubs set up would United need to steal? Because throwing dollar bills around probably won't work on its own.

DevilRed

Lets be honest. We've been doing that since the inception of the premier league. We used to be the ones breaking transfer records each summer.

But the status quo has changed over the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.