Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
That's not the point I am making. There is a difference between being pro qatari/sjr and being pro qatari/sjr bid. I believe that is pretty obvious
Ok. Mine was more of a general point though because I’ve seen repeated references to it from the pro-Qatar lobby. It seemed to pop up as some sort of rebuke to the moral baggage others flagged up with the Qatar bid, as if it cancelled it out in some way…all the while forgetting where Qatar derives almost all of its wealth from.

MTF

I don't know, that probably lowered their average buying price by doing so.
Yes, but profit is (sell price - avg buying price)*quantity, and they increased their quantity in buying more. Put simply, they lost money on their marginal decision to increase because they buyout was executed at a lower price than the stock ever traded at.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ok. Mine was more of a general point though because I’ve seen repeated references to it from the pro-Qatar lobby. It seemed to pop up as some sort of rebuke to the moral baggage others flagged up with the Qatar bid, as if it cancelled it out in some way…all the while forgetting where Qatar derives almost all of its wealth from.
Tbf qatar produce very little apart from gas and oil. They are trying to diversify their economy but that's require time. Its also a hot country. As a person who lived in a cold country and a hot country I can assure you that its easier to live without a heater them without an AC

Regarding their pollution that's mostly to Dust storms and the energy sector, the same energy sector so many countries rely upon.

Last edited:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I would be extremely surprised if Sheikh Jassim and his NTF walks away empty handed from this business opportunity. The potential is there for all to see if they do it the right way.

With QIB behind them they can offer both co investors and business partners a favorable financial packet together with the opportunity to be part of an exiting project.

We actually have a reasonable good road map by looking at how Abu Dhabi and Dubai has developed their business portfolio.

From my perspective there's only one winner in this bidding process. When the Glazers was visiting Qatar last year it gave us a hint what was going on and from there more and more pieces is fitting in to each other to make this the most likely outcome.

I know this isn’t a popular view for many of you but SJR has never since he made his first public bid acted serious in his interest. Everything that has come out from his camp has been underwhelming and cloudy. Not exactly what you expect from a new potential owner.

Time will tell but right now it looks like a one horse race judging from all information available.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I would be extremely surprised if Sheikh Jassim and his NTF walks away empty handed from this business opportunity. The potential is there for all to see if they do it the right way.

With QIB behind them they can offer both co investors and business partners a favorable financial packet together with the opportunity to be part of an exiting project.

We actually have a reasonable good road map by looking at how Abu Dhabi and Dubai has developed their business portfolio.

From my perspective there's only one winner in this bidding process. When the Glazers was visiting Qatar last year it gave us a hint what was going on and from there more and more pieces is fitting in to each other to make this the most likely outcome.

I know this isn’t a popular view for many of you but SJR has never since he made his first public bid acted serious in his interest. Everything that has come out from his camp has been underwhelming and cloudy. Not exactly what you expect from a new potential owner.

Time will tell but right now it looks like a one horse race judging from all information available.
I agree with most of what you said so I'll focus on the part which I don't. I think that SJR is serious with the bid. The guy has put his face to it and that after failing from buying Chelsea. That's quite significant as people in his position hate losing face

You have no idea how rich the Ivory Coast Ligue 1 is. Apple, Microsoft and Amazon all own clubs there and they have to compete with Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Saudi. Ineos despite being so invested in football and smart can't expect to compete there.
Ineos don’t own a football club there, but hey, don’t let that stop you :lol:

One thing I will ask you though @devilish, considering you bang pn about ”bike guy” every single day.
Who do you feel would be more suited to the role of INEOS sports sporting director? A role that incorporates cycling, F1, Sailing, Rugby, Football & Running? Would a football guy somehow be better suited :confused:

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The problem with SJR for me is that he is quite a shrewd businessman. I dont think he would overpay for players and I dont think he would give them mad as hell contracts. Then you get into a position like Spurs where you are buying cheap and old or just plain not good enough. He is definitely more savvy than the Glazers who quite simply threw money about every year gung-ho to keep us afloat and around Top 4 to make sure they could take their dividends.

I think he would remind me a bit of Daniel Levy, someone who wont be taken for a mug and would run the club smartly.

For this I actually think SJR would be worse for Manchester United than the Glazers.
You say that but I read that they signed Ramsey on something like 160k a week

Bert_

What's an NTF?

Also, how do we have any form of "roadmap"? I guess you're hoping we copy City. Dubai have done feck all in relation to football.

Also again, what has anything coming out of "Radcliffe's camp" got to do with anything? They are negotiating a deal with the Glazer family. Either party could hold a press conference and take a piss on the pitch at Old Trafford whilst singing you'll never walk alone. It wouldn't make one bit of difference to the Glazers. They'll take the highest bid.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
What's an NTF?

Also, how do we have any form of "roadmap"? I guess you're hoping we copy City. Dubai have done feck all in relation to football.

Also again, what has anything coming out of "Radcliffe's camp" got to do with anything? They are negotiating a deal with the Glazer family. Either party could hold a press conference and take a piss on the pitch at Old Trafford whilst singing you'll never walk alone. It wouldn't make one bit of difference to the Glazers. They'll take the highest bid.
Presumably he means nine two foundations.

Telsim

This bloke is full of shit and knows nothing.
He actually does know stuff. He was well in the loop during the Chelsea sale. I think Sky reported Boehly has emerged as the preferred candidate weeks before it was confirmed.

Appletonred

Fully expect Sheikh Jassim to be the new owner by this time next month, just a matter of dotting the I's and crossing the T's, this is absolutely done and dusted.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's pretty obvious that 'pro qatar' = 'Pro Qatari bid'. Most if not all of us think that it's the best bid for United. That doesn't mean that we agree with Qatari politics. The same as those who are pro SJR aren't necessarily in favour of his or Ineos brexit/tax evasion/ polluting heavy policies
You're arguing semantics. 'Pro Qatari bid' is the same level of cringe when there is so little information about the specifics of either bid or how the club will be run with an either potential owner. Sure, you can favor the bid, but to shill and goad in this thread just because others a) have ethical or sporting reasons against state ownership or b) question the reasons for wanting Qatari ownership is goofball behavior. Your last sentence is an excellent example of what I mean. Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I honestly don't want to engage with you about this anymore, given your responses in this thread. We can agree to disagree.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yep. Qatar is by far, the number one polluter in the world (per capita). Just the perfect image for our club.
This is surprising. I had no idea. I assumed you’d misspelled China but I checked it out and you are of course correct.
Not going to judge the bid against it because it’s irrelevant, but eye raising all the same.

Water Melon

Qatar are very likely to win. Wipe the debt off, invest in the infrastructure and make sure that we employ the best-in-class staff. United will generate hell lot of money which the club wil be able to use for themselves. The value of the club will grow significantly, so I won't be surprised to see us topping the Deloitte list in 2-3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

stubie

Qatar are very likely to win. Wipe the debt off, invest in the infrastructure and make sure that we employ the best-in-class staff. United will generate hell lot of money which the club wil be able to use for themselves. The value of the club will grow sigifnicantly, so I won't be surprised to see us topping the Deloitte list in 2-3 years.
This

Bert_

Qatar are very likely to win. Wipe the debt off, invest in the infrastructure and make sure that we employ the best-in-class staff. United will generate hell lot of money which the club wil be able to use for themselves. The value of the club will grow sigifnicantly, so I won't be surprised to see us topping the Deloitte list in 2-3 years.
That's the real dream

Status
Not open for further replies.