Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
The Glazers “are not concerned about unrest if they stay as they have had it for years.” Surely they know it will be a lot worse, I mean unpleasant Everton worse, if they stay?

strandty

"British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is set to submit a revised offer of more than £5bn including debt to buy Premier League football club Manchester United, a record price for a sports team, said people briefed about the matter.

The increased bid comes as Ratcliffe, the founder of the Ineos chemicals empire, goes up against Qatari Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani for the takeover of the most successful English Premier League football club.

Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim are submitting their proposals to the Glazer family who control the club ahead of a 9pm UK deadline on Wednesday, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The value of Sheikh Jassim’s bid remains unclear."

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
its actually funny how the media have no clue on the bids , 'new bids of between 5-7billion' , as if the 2billion difference is splitting hairs !

Smithy89

I really hope it is not Ratcliffe and his wall street goons and him borrowing money to fund his purchase.

croadyman

I agree. I've opposed and criticized the ownership to varying degrees for 25+ years. And short of one of these bidders donating half the club to the fans to make it 50+1 fan ownership, I will continue to oppose the owners.

I hope you pro-Qatari ownership folks can still vocally criticize Qatar's abuses (and the pro-SJR folks criticize Ineos' environmental abuses, should they win). Both are problematic. You can support one's ownership and still call out the horrible things they do. Turn their attempts at sportswashing/greenwashing against them by using their ownership of United to highlight their abuses.

The United fanbase has built an incredible protest culture. I would love to see that used to counter the sportswashing/greenwashing attempts.
Yeah there is no doubt Qatar has some laws which I don't agree with,however like I and many others have said the state ownership horse bolted with City back in 2008

croadyman

It must be bloody strange for these guys showing round prospective owners, knowing that they are facilitating their own dismissal. They are literally the turkey voting for Christmas!
So you don't buy into the Qatari line that everyone will be given chance to prove themselves

Spoony

The People's President
Can you someone tell me if Big Jim actually needs finance. Just seems mental someone like him can be turned down by Barclays. Suppose there's still the Halifax.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So if we get bought out tonight do the new owners start straight away like? So they can start planning for the new season…

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
There are people who actually want rid of the glazers in favour of yet another leveraged buy out?

Just confirms a lot of fans were following the crowd and don't actually know why people want the glazers out.

Sir Jim is a terrible option.

JagUTD

The only thing we can all agree on is that every single response on Twitter is by a an idiot.

"Ineos shareholders will want their money"

There's 3 of them you absolute prats, is what's I'd say if I was on twitter.

MTF

Can you someone tell me if Big Jim actually needs finance. Just seems mental someone like him can be turned down by Barclays. Suppose there's still the Halifax.
Yes, because INEOS doesn't have GBP 5 billion or more lying around, they need debt of some sort to even make the required payment to the Glazers in exchange for their equity stake, if they were the winning bid.

I wouldn't read that into the Barclays debt news. It's that they they were marketing debt to finance a EUR 720 million acquisition of a chemicals company, but the European debt markets are really turbulent this week following the Credit Suisse take under this weekend. So INEOS and Barclays (who were doing the marketing and book-building for them) decided to not try and price the deal this week, and wait until market conditions are at least more stable.

Woziak

So, does this mean his bids actually 4.5bn but clears the debt or 5bn to the Glazers and we keep the debt, because I don't see the former being accepted
This means that the bid to buy 69.50% of the Glaziers shares would be £660m first to clear the debt then probably £4.5bn on top so the bid would be shown as £5.16bn or $6.3bn, I have a feeling that Sheikh Jasim could be £5.5bn + £660m debt = £6.16bn so a billion more

JagUTD

There are people who actually want rid of the glazers in favour of yet another leveraged buy out?

Just confirms a lot of fans were following the crowd and don't actually know why people want the glazers out.

Sir Jim is a terrible option.

What even is this?

Loon

To each their own, but I don't know why any fan would want this. Unless it's just "better the enemy you know"

Richard Arnold, John Murtough, Darren Fletcher and co are probably hoping the Glazer's stay
Don’t you think, for better or worse, the promising appointment of Ten Hag would grant them a stay of execution under any owner?

Mr. Robot

The Glazers “are not concerned about unrest if they stay as they have had it for years.” Surely they know it will be a lot worse, I mean unpleasant Everton worse, if they stay?
This is shrewd from the Glazers. Think about it:

You're selling your asset. As soon as you say "Oh shit, yeah we better sell and sell soon otherwise the fans will go crazy!" The buyer has the power then.

The Glazers have played this perfectly, the greedy cnuts. And they will get loads of money for it.

jm99

This means that the bid to buy 69.50% of the Glaziers shares would be £660m first to clear the debt then probably £4.5bn on top so the bid would be shown as £5.16bn or $6.3bn, I have a feeling that Sheikh Jasim could be £5.5bn + £660m debt = £6.16bn so a billion more
Well I certainly can't see the Glazers turning down an extra billion

Status
Not open for further replies.