Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

I can see the Glazers dragging this out to extract as much money as possible out of a prospective buyer. The longer it takes, the more it will effect the summer transfer window.

I think a offer of £5.5bn which includes the debt will be close enough to satisfying the Glazers. It was reported that the Qatari group were planning to submit such a offer and that makes sense. The Glazers would get their $6bn and the debt would be either wiped off or be the concern of the new owner.
They have to be careful though there’s very few people willing to pay upwards of 5B if they drag this out and look to squeeze the bidders they could easily walk. They’ve both released statements to the press saying they won’t overpay.

Tiber

Fecks sake how long will this go for? Kaveh on Skysports saying there would be another round of bidding after this one.
As long as the Glazers want. Chelsea was fast tracked so the government wouldn't put the club into bankruptcy. What do the Glazers care if it ruins the summer transfer window as long as they get every penny they can

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I remember during the Chelsea process the bidders went public with their plans for the club with statements on how much they’ll invest in the squad etc I’d really like to see the numbers
That was partly down to the caveat that buying the Chelsea required the purchaser to commit to spending a minimum amount of money over a set period of time, there's no such caveat in the ale of United

owlo

Maybe they have signed some kind of unique confidentiality thing but surely IF there was any interest from Pagliuca or Ambani it would be well known
Who knows. It'd be known if they felt it was in their interest for it to be so. Perhaps they feel advertising their interest would drive up the price or that letting it play out between Jassim and Ratcliffe would make them a favourable options to the fans later. All speculation though. We live in hope.

MTF

The stock price is going crazy, think something has happened
Yes, there was a Fed rates decision and their language is more dovish. Or at least that's what's happened the last 30 minutes.

For the day it's more the news stories about the increased bids to be submitted.

Roboc7

Don’t you think, for better or worse, the promising appointment of Ten Hag would grant them a stay of execution under any owner?
I’d hope whoever buys the club isn’t so short sighted to just stick with them based on one decision. If they’re not right people then they need to be out the door as soon as possible. I do t understand the obsession with just settling for what we have, they should be judged on a lot more than just how well ETH is doing.

Loon

:lol:
I’d hope whoever buys the club isn’t so short sighted to just stick with them based on one decision. If they’re not right people then they need to be out the door as soon as possible. I do t understand the obsession with just settling for what we have, they should be judged on a lot more than just how well ETH is doing.
We don’t know what other “right” decisions they might have made and who’s to say replacing them is the right decision?

Partridge

Jassim should have gone in with my approach. If the price is 6 billion, go straight in with 5.9 billion. My house was £320,000. Got it at £329,000. Lovely stuff.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There is no point spending much time on PR at the moment as it won't be factored into the bid. Whoever offers the most money, wins (assuming they also meet whatever minimum price the Glazers have in mind).

The Glazers won't care if 'bidder A' is planning to buy a brand new stadium and spend hundreds of millions on top players while 'bidder B' is planning to sell off the stadium and exclusively sign players on free transfers - if 'bidder B' bids fifty quid more, they get the club.
Yeah, I've been a bit puzzled by the number of posts that seemingly premise that the current owners are subjecting bidders to some kind of "fit and proper" test.

The Glazers (obviously) don't give a shit about what plans the new owners have for United if they're no longer involved themselves.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't think he will but I'd like him to as long as the existing debt is wiped away.
INEOS won't be they'll work towards paying it off over a decade I'd bet.

They're wanting to invest in United as an asset they'd focus on returns for investors long term, it'd be different to what the gulf region would do

JagUTD

Jassim should have gone in with my approach. If the price is 6 billion, go straight in with 5.9 billion. My house was £320,000. Got it at £329,000. Lovely stuff.
How's things since United let you go, Ed?

Tiber

Feeling oddly nervous.

I know this deadline doesn't mean all that much, but after being held back by the Glazers for after almost two decades we have the chance to get a new owner who will genuinely invest in the club and aim to be best in class on and off the pitch.

Or alternatively we could end up with Ratcliffe taking out a massive loan just to own the club, or the Glazers staying around.

MiamiSpartan

There are people who actually want rid of the glazers in favour of yet another leveraged buy out?

Just confirms a lot of fans were following the crowd and don't actually know why people want the glazers out.

Sir Jim is a terrible option.
Debt that Ineos takes on is not a leveraged buy out. Malcolm Glazer didn't pay a penny and put the whole debt on the club, not on himself or his businesses. Any Ineos debt would be leveraged against Ineos. Massive difference in how that allows the club to operate.

If we want to say that United would "owe" Ineos, then let's likewise say that Jassim would owe the government of Qatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.