Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

I can see the Glazers dragging this out to extract as much money as possible out of a prospective buyer. The longer it takes, the more it will effect the summer transfer window.

I think a offer of £5.5bn which includes the debt will be close enough to satisfying the Glazers. It was reported that the Qatari group were planning to submit such a offer and that makes sense. The Glazers would get their $6bn and the debt would be either wiped off or be the concern of the new owner.
You’d imagine any top bid would stipulate an end date for both parties to conclude prior to the summer transfer window. Getting off on the right foot is still important for new owners and I can’t see any reason for it to take beyond the window once a price is agreed. My main worry is they only sell a stake and remain here. If that happens….we are in dire straits.

Woziak

I can see the Glazers dragging this out to extract as much money as possible out of a prospective buyer. The longer it takes, the more it will effect the summer transfer window.

I think a offer of £5.5bn which includes the debt will be close enough to satisfying the Glazers. It was reported that the Qatari group were planning to submit such a offer and that makes sense. The Glazers would get their $6bn and the debt would be either wiped off or be the concern of the new owner.
Yep that will be that parting gift to the club make sure all our top targets are bought by other clubs. However you would have to hope that Murtorgh and Fletcher are working on players by telling them to wait for an even better contract than Todd Boehly offered!

UDontMessWith24

It looks like a matter of time before this is a done deal, but then again we’ve been saying that for a while.

Castia

Sir Jim's just shit his pants lads

He wont match 5.5B and even if he did they' probably raise it to 6 for a laugh

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So it seems that if the Qatari bid is comfortably out on its own as the best offer, they'll enter a period of exclusivity where they alone will negotiate for the takeover of the club. Maybe that's done around end of April?

Roboc7

We don’t know what other “right” decisions they might have made and who’s to say replacing them is the right decision?
But that’s the point it would be stupid to just based off of ETH being appointed, I hope we don’t get owners stupid enough to base their decision on that.

On and off the pitch the club has gone backwards so I doubt they’ve got lots right and the new owners will have completely different ambitions and plans so they need the best people for that. I really understand why people get scared about likes of Arnold and Murtough possibly leaving.

red thru&thru

This is a troll propaganda account. Let's stick to actual journos.
MTF was asking for a smiling picture, so I shared this tweet of him doing so. Unfortunately, I don't know how to share a picture.

But agreed, if a poster wants to use this account as some kind of source, then we shouldn't.

Baxquux

I mean, I'm decidedly cool on the SJR bid compared to the other, but if people are going to go round sabotaging places in the US South, why not start with the outskirts of the Glazer compound...[ legal disclaimer - this is a joke]

Chief123

The stock price is going crazy, think something has happened
Was $21 5 days ago $25.50 about now.
To be fair it’s still below the $27 it reached last month. It started selling off at the news of Glazers potentially not selling.

However, it’s been rising every day for the last 6 days. It’s up 30% from last week. It doesn’t neccessarily mean anything’s happened. It’s just traders buying the rumour/news as there’s positive sentiment towards a sale happening. If any kind of obstacle or negative news comes out tomorrow, I’d expect another sell off.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
there is something wrong with me, I hear of this awful incident and I am annoyed by the infantile use of the english language by that reporter are responding to a extremely massive explosion and fire at a Ineos Phenol chemicals plant in Pasadena Texas.:mad:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could someone here explain exactly how the Glazers went about purchasing United by loading it with debt? Use apples as a metaphor please, 'cause I'm an idiot. Thanks.
Explain this to me like i am four years old. :lol:

MiamiSpartan

Could someone here explain exactly how the Glazers went about purchasing United by loading it with debt? Use apples as a metaphor please, 'cause I'm an idiot. Thanks.
The club is an apple. The Glazers are the machine that crushes the apples into mush for apple sauce.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
The club is an apple. The Glazers are the machine that crushes the apples into mush for apple sauce.
Let's say my buddy has an apple that I want. Then I say I'd buy that apple, but I need to borrow my other buddy's pear to do so. I keep buying more stuff with more and more pears and then when I sell the apple I get loads of pears, right?

jm99

Like a buy to let mortgage I guess, they use the value of the asset and the proceeds from ownership of that asset to pay off the debt to the banks

But the landlord is eating an apple while he does this

Loon

:lol:
But that’s the point it would be stupid to just based off of ETH being appointed, I hope we don’t get owners stupid enough to base their decision on that.

On and off the pitch the club has gone backwards so I doubt they’ve got lots right and the new owners will have completely different ambitions and plans so they need the best people for that. I really understand why people get scared about likes of Arnold and Murtough possibly leaving.
I don’t think it’s scared of them leaving. It’s more frying pan into fire. Realistically none of us know what is going on behind the scenes. We don’t know what direction the club is heading in now. It’s not just a case of appointing Ten Hag, there could be work going on to support Ten Hag, etc.

Also, looking for the “best people” is no guarantee

Kaos

there is something wrong with me, I hear of this awful incident and I am annoyed by the infantile use of the english language by that reporter are responding to a extremely massive explosion and fire at a Ineos Phenol chemicals plant in Pasadena Texas.:mad:
Also random capitalisation of 'Numerous' and 'personnels' isn't a word. Truly the English is as awful as the event itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.