g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is a classic case of one bidder waiting to find out what the other bids.
This public nature of this process has it's drawbacks.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’m not really following the updates but I’m more interested in if the formal bids have addressed the running of the club?

DoF, youth facilities, sorting the club out from the top down, not just throwing billionsto get the club and then just trying to sign 4 Haalands and hoping for the best.

BarstoolProphet

I’m not really following the updates but I’m more interested in if the formal bids have addressed the running of the club?

DoF, youth facilities, sorting the club out from the top down, not just throwing billionsto get the club and then just trying to sign 4 Haalands and hoping for the best.
Not yet. Jassim has said he will revamp the infrastructure of the club but that could all be PR for all we know. SJR a bit more coy. Doubt we will see any changes in key personnel right away apart from a new CEO which is given.

JohnnyKills

Perhaps the rival bidders have done the books and realised just how fecked the Glazers are financially, and want to make them sweat.

All the cash has basically gone, the team needs new players and both the stadium and training ground need investment.

It'd be like buying a house with a knackered front door, damp in the walls and a leaky roof. And the sellers would be absolutely skint.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Not yet. Jassim has said he will revamp the infrastructure of the club but that could all be PR for all we know. SJR a bit more coy. Doubt we will see any changes in key personnel right away apart from a new CEO which is given.
Okay thanks. They better not think the club can just run autonomously, guaranteed disaster if that’s the case. Needs a significant overhaul.

Fits in with what I have heard about our search for a new sponsor, our commercial side is absolutely clueless post Woodward. We are again getting dragged through the press for our incompetence although at least this time its off the field.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I’ve said this multiple times in this thread but QIA have pumped over £34b into the UK economy via investments in British companies, Barclays being one of them. They already own part of your banks, your housing, your petrol, where you shop etc.

No other foreign country has invested more than they have in the UK economy.

They’re already here and they’re not leaving.
That's true. But I think for some posters as long as it's not football that's affected, they're fine with it.... but nope, it doesn't seem to be the case.

stevoc

Agreed. Get rid of the Glazers and the debt and we're back in business with just about any owner. The club generates enough money on its own to keep us competitive among the other big clubs.
Yep United don't need a sugar Daddy.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s just like how we handle transfers, it’s a long drawn out process where the deal looks like it may collapse at some stage but eventually get it across the line by overpaying.

stevoc

That's not really true. The club generates around 600 - 650 million pounds and our wage bill alone takes 400 million away. That leaves us 200m odd to spend on transfers, stadium and other various expences.
Are you sure about that number?

Pretty widely reported this season that United's annual wage bill is somewhere in the £200m+ range.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
How many times did United win the Champions league in the Fergie years when we could pretty much steal anyone's players apart those at Baraca and Madrid?
United never really dominated Europe, so I don't know what point your making.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That's true. But I think for some posters as long as it's not football that's affected, they're fine with it.... but nope, it doesn't seem to be the case.
I think with football we can actually make a difference, the fans are heard and we've shown that by the multiple protests.

When it comes to financial institutions we don't get much of a say, that is out of our hands to a certain degree, but to say people are fine with it is churlish.

I certainly am not, I'm also not fine with China owning a huge proportion of the infrastructure in and around the UK.

The simple fact is the Government have been in bed with Qatar for years and years due to money and energy.
I vote the way I do a lot due to these types of relationships and I'd imagine so do a lot of people.

cyberman

So they are appealing to the Glazers to make a decision that could cost them money based on morality?

Good luck with that.
And to go against fan wishes on top of that.
It’s poorly worded to say the least

Member 125398

I think with football we can actually make a difference, the fans are heard and we've shown that by the multiple protests.
At the start of this I took the view that sportwashing was ineffective for the reasons above. The last few weeks have proven that to be a ridiculous view. A read through this thread shows just how effective it is.

JagUTD

I’ve said this multiple times in this thread but QIA have pumped over £34b into the UK economy via investments in British companies, Barclays being one of them. They already own part of your banks, your housing, your petrol, where you shop etc.

No other foreign country has invested more than they have in the UK economy.

They’re already here and they’re not leaving.
Is this even true?

And even if it was, which the official data says it isn't, then ask yourself, would you be happy with a Russian oligarch because Russia invested billions in the UK?

And you understand why countries like this invest in other nations surely? Why the likes of China, Russia the Gulf States and more but well known foreign companies?

It's not for our benefit, not for the UKs benefit but to give the impression of legitimacy

stevoc

Which would signify that INEOS bid is higher, if it's circa the same amount but for a lesser percentage originally than the Qatari bid.
No Ineos and Qatar are both bidding for the Glazers 69% of the club. That's all the Glazers can sell through this sale process, they don't own the other 31%. Ineos/Qatar would have to buy those shares separately once they are club owners.

So despite all these Tweets for some reason continually repeating that Qatar want 100% of the club they are actually only bidding for 69%.

strandty

Sorry if already posted. Bids expected by end of the week

MegadrivePerson

It’s a game of bluff now between the potential new owners and the Glazers.

The problem is that because there’s so many interested parties, this gives the Glazers the upper hand.

We need the Glazers to cave in, but it’s difficult to work out how to force their hand?

b20times

The longer this plays out the longer i feel this takeover has hit the buffers. There will be carnage if it all falls through.

Oranges038

Is this even true?

And even if it was, which the official data says it isn't, then ask yourself, would you be happy with a Russian oligarch because Russia invested billions in the UK?

And you understand why countries like this invest in other nations surely? Why the likes of China, Russia the Gulf States and more but well known foreign companies?

It's not for our benefit, not for the UKs benefit but to give the impression of legitimacy
It is. And it's probably higher than that.

A lot of it is done through shell companies/ accounts in the British Virgin Islands, Jersey etc. We should all know why this is done.

They are also now the UK's second largest source of gas, and have heavily invested in a storage facility in Wales I think, that will be able to hold 20% of the UK's daily gas needs.

They ain't going nowhere.

Dan_F

There’s not really any way of knowing, I’m not sure the Glazers will be considering that information as part of the bid. They’re likely just caring about structure of finance.

stevoc

Stadium redevelopment might be an issue though.
As it is for any club though mate even the biggest of them. For all this talk of United needing £2+ billion to renovate Old Trafford. Real are renovating the Bernabeu for £700-800m and that's a pretty extensive redevelopment.

Marcelinho87

Are they actually allowed to do that? Because it sounds like a breach of fair market competition if there's such a thing for these bidding processes. Also would be really detrimental to Raine's reputation as a middleman if it surfaces that they made up bidders. Glazers probably doesn't care about their own reputation I guess.
It's proving the fact, Raine won't care... They just want paying

red thru&thru

Transfers are highly volatile as it has too many moving parts in it. You have the seller (owner, DOF, manager) , the buyer (owner, DOF, manager) , the player, his agent (or agents) and if he's got a collective type of culture then his family and friends will also have a say in it. This is different. Most journalists agreed that the deadline was tomorrow, they committed themselves that both main players has bided and it turned out that that was false. Its a binary thing. Has the bids gone in or not? They said yes and then they said no.
And you believe a deal of this magnitude, circa £5bn, hasn't got more moving parts than a player transfer? This is a world record deal for a sports franchise. Unforeseen things will happen.

And, do you not find it strange, that ALL the journalists/reporters covering this takeover said the same thing? These are from sports and business sectors of the media. Do you think they were told one thing and then something else happened?

Whenever do you find people in the media all agree about the same thing? It's usually when something is near enough happening, or has happened.

stevoc

And to go against fan wishes on top of that.
It’s poorly worded to say the least
Yeah, they are probably appealing to the wrong people. The only slight chance they would have of stopping this is if they appealed to the fans and managed to get a fan movement going that was against the Qatar bid that created enough noise. But that's a tough ask when no matter which potential buyer a fan prefers. 99.9% of United fans want the Glazers gone.

Chief123

Im not sure the bids would even have that level of detail or even require it. Ultimately, Glazers don’t care less what the plans are for the club or whether it burns to the ground. As long as they get the money they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.