Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
You have to be very simple to buy into the Glazers using this whole process to leverage a loan...
Instruct Raine, go through several rounds of bidding, host potential buyers at OT and then extend the bidding deadline just so you can say "see we are worth lending to"
Just utter click bait nonsense.

dove

Personally I don't believe it because you simply don't waste so many wealthy people's time, not to mention that all hell would break lose amongst our fans. The parasites are selling, just a standard posturing trying to squeeze every dollar they can.

SAFMUTD

Who hasn't it gone down well with? Of Raine/Glazers weren't happy, they could have refused the extensions and continued owning the club, or, accepted the bid of the others who bid.

Not too sure why it hasn't gone down well.
Surely with the one bidder who didn't ask for an extension in the first place.

It's been lots of different reports but from what I see Qatar made or was ready to make their bid when they found out Radcliffe had been given an extension so they ask for one as well.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can’t see this going well for them. Protests at OT by the fans, and potentially burning bridges by wasting billionaires’ time.

Would be rough if they stayed.
That has never bothered them. Shit happening in the States will be a different issue.

Roboc7

I can't see this happening there'll be literal riots if they stay after dangling Ineos and Qatar in front of fans.
They will be pissing off some incredibly powerful people as well.
No and as soon as it became apparent they aren’t going to sell the price would crash. Lenders aren’t going to base a valuation on an inflated price.

They’d also be taking on an expensive loan when the club is already losing 2m a week, it makes zero sense. Just like them selling a minority stake and reinvesting it back in the club makes no sense.

It would also be pretty stupid to waste Raine’s time and all these potential buyers given they’ll be selling at some point in near future.

There is so much crap in the media as buyers are trying to get Glazers to drop their price, the Glazers trying to get bigger bids and journalists are churning out clickbait.

TsuWave

Would be bond villain esque though :lol:
True enough. I’ll be honest, they are a known quantity so I could understand some people not being too “angry” about them staying, I think it’s human nature to go with what you know - but people have been protesting them for like two decades. I know they take dividends and there’s prestige to owning United, but is there really much upside to staying?

Disliked, the stadium needs major renovation, squad still needs open heart surgery - they can’t even attend important games without people reminding them they’re not welcome - and most importantly they’re old.

I don’t get why they’d stay. £5B for an asset they don’t even pay for seems too crazy to pass up.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Without any judgement on any of the particular bidders or guessing figures, what do we think the "bids" will look like from the two known possible buyers?

Total sum offered.
When they'll pay the above figure.
Date they want it done by.
What else?

Will the Glaziers genuinely give a shit about future plans for the stadium/squad/etc?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
State of this thread.

Qatar is buying us because they have the most money. Glazers are selling us because it's the financial best option and that's all they care about.

If anything else happens I will be quite surprised.

RobbieBerns

Any talk about the Glazers staying is all posturing. The only important thing to them is money, and if they stayed we would see fixture postponement level protests at every home game until they sold, sponsors would drop like flies because the Manchester United name would have a properly spoiled reputation as a brand. I imagine if this drags on another month without a sale we’ll start seeing extreme restlessness from home crowds that could get ugly very quickly.

kps88

That has never bothered them. Shit happening in the States will be a different issue.
Yup, I think people forget how angry the protests were back in 2005 and they didn't end up making any difference in the end.

Godfather

You have to be very simple to buy into the Glazers using this whole process to leverage a loan...
Instruct Raine, go through several rounds of bidding, host potential buyers at OT and then extend the bidding deadline just so you can say "see we are worth lending to"
Just utter click bait nonsense.
Yeah I don't buy that either. Don't see a real benefit for the Glazers for another high loan compared to a full sale at this point either.

mu4c_20le

State of this thread.

Qatar is buying us because they have the most money. Glazers are selling us because it's the financial best option and that's all they care about.

If anything else happens I will be quite surprised.
"Glazers" isn't one single entity.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s a very strange sales process allowing new bidders enter so late in the day. There’s no good option here. Qatar ownership is Armageddon for me. INEOS would be ok if Brailsford wasn’t involved. But he’s central to the bid and I don’t want my club to be run by somebody with his track record. Glazers holding on is a disaster because they are and always will be financial parasites.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
He's not going to get 3b from the fans. He probably knows that.
We don't know how sincere this guy is. But it is workable.
It does not mean the fans would have to come up with the money immediately.
The fans 'company' would be set up with separate funding (probably a loan) which will over time be paid off as the fan ownership increases.
Fan ownership can be through season ticket sales and subscriptions to broadcasts and such.

Fans would have no direct say in player purchase and such.

IF this happens, it would be the best option for us supporters.

Marcelinho87

Would be suicidal from the Glazers, not only pissing off multi billionaires but an whole Nation of Royals in Qatar... This wouldn't be like getting barred at Asda so shopping at Morrisons, Qatar could screw them up in many way the world over if they mess them about.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s a very strange sales process allowing new bidders enter so late in the day. There’s no good option here. Qatar ownership is Armageddon for me. INEOS would be ok if Brailsford wasn’t involved. But he’s central to the bid and I don’t want my club to be run by somebody with his track record. Glazers holding on is a disaster because they are and always will be financial parasites.
I think the importance of Brailsford is over stated tbh. He is ineos’ go to sport guy, but as long as he finds the correct staff there is no reason for him to be day to day for United, especially when he has a cycling team, and 2 other football teams to over-view. As I understand it, he was only parachuted into Nice because people left/ballsed it up over there. They have appointed a manager and a DoF and seem to be largely leaving them to it after baby sitting them through the transfer window in the summer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would be suicidal from the Glazers, not only pissing off multi billionaires but an whole Nation of Royals in Qatar... This wouldn't be like getting barred at Asda so shopping at Morrisons, Qatar could screw them up in many way the world over if they mess them about.
They could sell Mbappe to Liverpool :nervous:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How so ?

RedDevil@84

:lol: :lol:
Not everyone is as childish as Elon Musk.

MiamiSpartan

Apart from fan riots, pissing off Billionaires, and losing credibility throughout the business world, it could very well get them in legal trouble with the SEC.

That's pure market manipulation if this was all a show to raise the stock price. Especially after the average price in 2022 was at a 10 year low.

mu4c_20le

Would be lovely if the Qataris take the Glazers to court. Even better if the shill Twitter accounts also have a meltdown.

Phil

It really is open season for journalists to hit their traffic targets at the moment.

Loon

:lol:
People scrabbling to find out if this Finnish dude has enough money to placate them (ie bragging rights). :lol:

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think the importance of Brailsford is over stated tbh. He is ineos’ go to sport guy, but as long as he finds the correct staff there is no reason for him to be day to day for United, especially when he has a cycling team, and 2 other football teams to over-view. As I understand it, he was only parachuted into Nice because people left/ballsed it up over there. They have appointed a manager and a DoF and seem to be largely leaving them to it after baby sitting them through the transfer window in the summer.
Fair enough but any organisation that hired DB in any capacity has question marks over it.

mu4c_20le

It really is open season for journalists to hit their traffic targets at the moment.
The Guardian tweet really rattled people because, for the first time, it actually gave a legitimate reason why the Glazers might make the bidding war go this far just to stay.

Loon

:lol:
The Guardian tweet really rattled people because, for the first time, it actually gave a legitimate reason why the Glazers might make the bidding war go this far just to stay.
They've also played the fans too. Not that they give a shit... for now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Fan ownership (not decision-making) is the dream, is there any realistic pathway to it?

Bosws87

Nope, it didn’t.

They can try to stay but they ain’t staying. People really do underestimate peoples anger about this and the power of people United, terrible pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.