Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Sportico broke Todd Boehly buying Chelsea, if there were still questions regarding their reliability
You'll need better sources than that to convince the Caf experts, mate.

Blood Mage

Glazers would be mental to turn that down. I feel sorry for Sir Jim as I think he sincerely wanted to be our owner and would have been a fine custodian for the club, but there was never any chance of him competing with an obviously state-funded bid.

crossy1686

career ending
Glazers would be mental to turn that down. I feel sorry for Sir Jim as I think he sincerely wanted to be our owner and would have been a fine custodian for the club, but there was never any chance of him competing with an obviously state-funded bid.
I'm sure he would have genuinely loved the opportunity to own United but I don't know how he, as a fan, would want debt on the club.

MF1138

I do like the idea that both bids would be accounting for the debt at taking it off their valuation.

Rolaholic

These Qatari briefs sound like WWE promos :lol: :lol:

Making a normally tedious process entertaining

Rightnr

I do like the idea that both bids would be accounting for the debt at taking it off their valuation.
Erm, that's how these things work. It's usually based on Enterprise Value which includes debt.

TheReligion

Abusive
I was probably being overly harsh. I do know that when they set up they poached a load of the sports business guys from Bloomberg, so they aren't a terrible source, but this would be somewhat out of the blue.

For what it's worth, they are also reporting today that parties from Saudi Arabia, Ares Management and Sixth Street have met with the Glazers offering financing and that Bruce Karsh’s Oaktree Capital are expected to meet with the Glazers soon.
They're followed by some prominent sports and business based journos on twitter, if that means anything.
I think Sportico seem to be good with sports business based news and look to have some good journalists who would know what they are talking about as opposed to tabloid based sports jornos.

Rightnr

These Qatari brings sound like WWE promos :lol: :lol:

Say what you want about the Qatari, they certainly have the arrogance to own United :lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Same. Perhaps he’ll consider partnering with another bidder…fingers crossed anyway.

I just wouldn’t have the same feeling for the club if it’s owned by Qatar.

Scottynaldinho

These Qatari brings sound like WWE promos :lol: :lol:

Because boy Jasim hasn't done anything in his life except being lucky enough to born rich. It's completely normal for him to think like this. "let them eat cake?"

Ottawa MLS Fan

It’s quite amusing how the media narrative shifts.

Last night it was being briefed the Glazers might be mugging everyone off and staying put, today it’s Qatar will pay whatever it takes and reports the new bid will be in the 6bn ball park.
Where is this 6bn ball park, and why will the new bid be in there? Is this some sort of billionaire's scavenger hunt? Or are they just getting ideas for New Trafford?

crossy1686

career ending

They're playing a bit of a game at the moment. They've repeatedly said they won't overspend, then they say there's no point in Ratcliff bidding. Despite what they say to the media, they would rather not lose this than pay daft money, they're just trying to make sure Ratcliff doesn't push them into the $7b region.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Because boy Jasim hasn't done anything in his life except being lucky enough to born rich. It's completely normal for him to think like this. "let them eat cake?"
Not to mention the fact that he has feck all in terms of money in terms of what it takes to buy United. This is clearly a state funded attempt by the nation state of Qatar to buy Man United, by using some random ruling class stooge as the public face of the project.

dove

They're playing a bit of a game at the moment. They've repeatedly said they won't overspend, then they say there's no point in Ratcliff bidding. Despite what they say to the media, they would rather not lose this than pay daft money, they're just trying to make sure Ratcliff doesn't push them into the $7b region.
They really don't say that unless you believe all the fake quotes, like the one in the tweet.

HarryP

Sportico broke Todd Boehly buying Chelsea, if there were still questions regarding their reliability
No they didn't. They said they did, which shows them to be liars. The Boehly takeover was reported before May 6th elsewhere.

The Telegraph broke it on April 29 and Sportico tried to claim it as an exclusive a week later

jm99

He's not wrong, you'd need the wealth of Musk or bezos to be able to compete with an oil state

JagUTD

Not to mention the fact that he has feck all in terms of money in terms of what it takes to buy United. This is clearly a state funded attempt by the nation state of Qatar to buy Man United, by using some random ruling class stooge as the public face of the project.
Yeh but it's fine because the club we aspire to be are also owned by a State :wenger:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This is clearly a state funded attempt by the nation state of Qatar to buy Man United, by using some random ruling class stooge as the public face of the project.
Made all the more...cringe...by the attempt to portray the stooge as a die-hard United fan.

I don't know if it should be called painfully obvious or comically obvious.

Sviken

Well, at least they are entertaining us, unlike the Glazers who had to make even this thing so fecking difficult.

JagUTD

Yeah, except i don't think most would agree we aspire to be like them.
The line "only way we can compete" is used frequently to justify why we need these types of owners.

While not the same as aspiring to be City, it may as well be.

I'm against Qatari ownership btw

Brophs

The One and Only

Same sort of vibe as when my 4 year old daughter insists she can beat me at football in the back garden and even when she’s 27-0 down she’s still chatting shit and throwing herself into tackles. She wants to me to let her score a goal, but I tell her every single time that she has to earn it. If you’re not earning, you’re not learning, I’ll shout to her as she runs into the house to cry to my wife.

RedDevil@84

Made all the more...cringe...by the attempt to portray the stooge as a die-hard United fan.

I don't know if it should be called painfully obvious or comically obvious.
I don't know why this is seen as fake, it is not improbable. Most PL fans from overseas who grew up in 90s and 2000s watching PL on TV are United fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.