Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriblerus

So are they realising that in the new sports wash economy, they will have to invest far more than they are prepared to in order t ostick to the business plan and compete for CL place and money every year?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I honestly don’t think this is true. We can have all the ad rates we wanted, it’s never making 6b for them. It has to do with the value of the club and if they could invest more to value us more. New stadium, training ground, competing with City etc would be eye watering but would it add much more to 6b? Is it worth doing all that to bring it to say 7b and cut into their profit?
They’ve now become toxic to the brand. And stand to make shit tons. EPL clubs haven’t properly tapped out media revenues yet - that’s why Boehly is buying Chelsea - that’s where the growth is and why someone will buy us and Liverpool for billions.

Gandalf

I understand the Glazers have made everyone gun shy of American investors but as with most things in life there are good and bad examples of this ownership model.

Investors could happily buy the club and eliminate the debt and then turn around and spend the money needed on infrastructure whilst supporting the playing side financially in the transfer market. We are effectively a fixer upper at this point and if the above is done right you could see the clubs value double or more in 10 years time providing a generous return to the investors whilst not draining a penny from the clubs bottom line.

We need to remember that the Glazers were effectively slum landlords who invested nothing and have run their asset into the ground whilst milking it for all it is worth, they have made a ton of money but they could have made a heck of a lot more with just a little bit of vision. I would evaluate any proposed bidder on their merits and not automatically rule out any particular group other than of course the oil states because seriously feck those guys.

kaku06

Jim ratcliffe bid more than 4billion for fecking Chelsea at the last minute but lost. Now his boyhood club is up for sale for 5-6billion, let’s see the dream of the childhood fan owning the club makes him put his money where his mouth is.

AlPistacho

Can cancel out Elon, Russian Oligarchs, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Saudi. So we have Bahrain (?), Dubai remaining of the oil nations . Doubt Ambani and Adani ( Indian Billionaires ) will be interested.

With Sky high interest rates i dont see a hedge fund buying us
Elon could buy us through Twitter. Social media sites are looking to get that football money.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
This will stir up interest, they know it which is why they released the statement.

All respect to Liverpool's stature and all that, they are early a big club but we are a whole different level, billionaires want prestige and there is possibly only 1 other club in the world to rival us in those stakes.

DannyDee

Outside of Becks they might be able to combine for like .3% of the club at the current price, and I doubt any of them want to tie up that much money. Plus, probably in Gigg's best interest to lay low for awhile. I don't see any big name buyer attaching his name to this project.

Castia

Anything after the announcement now is pure speculation, these journos had no clue it was for sale an hour ago and suddenly some claim it’s going to a US investor?

It will go to the highest bidder which I very much doubt will be a investment fund

DannyDee

Jim ratcliffe bid more than 4billion for fecking Chelsea at the last minute but lost. Now his boyhood club is up for sale for 5-6billion, let’s see the dream of the childhood fan owning the club makes him put his money where his mouth is.
He's the owner I'm praying for. But, since UTD is publicly traded they have an obligation to go to the highest possible bidder. So, this could get interesting.

redcucumber

Do new owners need to pay the money upfront? So if they want 6bn, Ratcliffe would have to pay out effectively half of his net worth of 13bn? Not sure how it works with takeovers of clubs.

strandty

Anything after the announcement now is pure speculation, these journos had no clue it was for sale an hour ago and suddenly some claim it’s going to a US investor?

It will go to the highest bidder which I very much doubt will be a investment fund
Wouldn’t be surprised if certain deals have already been agreed with a party or consortium

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

they aren't saying it with Certainty, they're saying it's most likely.

Considering we've got a US firm handling the sale, it makes sense they'd approach US investors first right?

I think this has been happening in the background for the last few months anyway. Musk did do that silly tweet about buying United a few months back - clearly he heard wind of something. Was far too random

Bebe

You're not serious, right? That would be worse than what we currently have.
I'm being a little facetious :lol: That being said, I'd much rather a playboy billionaire with no interest in taking dividends out of the club than what we've had previously. Basically anyone who doesn't want to leech off the club is good in my book. I'd love to say "give us an owner with some semblance of moral code, business sense and a passion for football". But I can't think of a single individual or entity with those qualities, and the funds to buy United.

Status
Not open for further replies.