Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
its possible if we get more than one oil state that really wants us

otherwise I doubt it too

the Glazers are selling from a position of weakness, which is obviously what they always wanted to avoid
Maybe we can become a multi oil state club.
Officially the most evil club in history.
Citeh and Newcastle slowly shaking their heads in disgust :lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

No, the Glazers extracted every ounce of value out of this club. Now everything is falling apart and the squad needs to be rebuilt. Whoever is coming in is going to have to invest massive money, not take it out.
Explain to me how an American Consortium who, (short of a Oil rich country coming in, and us having to sell our soul and becoming as disgusting as City, Newcastle, or PSG are) seems to be where the smart money is going for who ultimatley be sold to, are not going to see us exactly the same way as the Glazers do as some sort of long term cash cow.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine Amazon buying us :lol: Would we get next day delivery on new signings?

FujiVice

Amazon would be an unbelievably good company to sell to. These arent some hidden away money merchants, taking or owning it purely for vanity. They'd want the most successful club in the world, and want to advertise all over the world and vice versa. Amazon wouldnt want United as some fifth place shite every year.

Vapor trail

Amazon would be an unbelievably good company to sell to. These arent some hidden away money merchants, taking or owning it purely for vanity. They'd want the most successful club in the world, and want to advertise all over the world and vice versa. Amazon wouldnt want United as some fifth place shite every year.
I'm sure others can chime in but Amazon makes more sense than Apple as Amazon from a business perspective come across as more of a consumer goods consortium. In comparison to Apple who through their marketing represent a brand. I think there's downsides in the perspective of Apple buying a football club compared to the upsides of Amazon.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault

red thru&thru

Add me in too. Can't believe anyone would whinge about it. Much easier to dip into the posts. Also they stop the screen getting gunged up with my fingerprints when I have to read through the full piece.
Yeah, add me, too. Keep continuing with the bold words.

Swerny

Poster originally known MS MSP

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
  • Raine are aiming for a sale in the first quarter of 2023 at a price between £6bn and £7bn (but this is probably bluster - realistic timeline is likely to be much longer and realistic price somewhat lower)
  • Amazon rumoured to have some interest, but failed BSkyB bid in 1999 might scare away media companies
  • Apple not interested at all
  • Clothing company Zara not interested at all
  • Serious offers to Raine are yet to materialise
  • It is not thought that any nation states will come forward with an offer. The view in Qatar is that Premier League clubs are now too expensive and most of their value has already been extracted. Dubai are focussed on tourism (and Al Maktoum is a Liverpool fan), Bahrain are focussed on F1 and their economy is struggling, Kuwait and Oman don't have any interest
  • US-based consortium is reckoned to be the most likely potential investors, possibly acquiring a minority stake at the club initially if the outright price is too high
What a depressing read that is. Lets hope other interested parties are doing their homework before throwing hat in ring. No mention of Ratcliffe at all?

Boondog

One additional thought, I would be be surprised if ETH got "additional funds" to spend in January due to the sale of the club. I.e., I would be surprised if we took out bigger loans to pay for acquisitions. Does this mean that we can't spend a lot to buy someone?

Nah, I am not convinced about that. Without selling someone, we can probably only spend like 25m -- up front. But we could probably buy someone for 50m with 25m paid up front and 25m paid divded over two payments every 6th month -- without it being of much concern if any for a seller.

Also, ETH is tremendously driven and obviously very oriented towards solving problems. While we have a really tilted roster with like 5 LWs and so forth, we have no back up at other positions. I think ETH will be looking to unload players in January too -- to increase his budget. Pellestri and AWB are obvious candidates. But does both Sancho and Garnacho have a long term future here? Its probably one or the other. Does both Harry and Victor have a future here? Its probably one of the other. Donny? Wouldn't be surprised if we sold someone besides the obvious candidates.
They already have debt to the point where what is a little more, given the sale being ahead. The club will go to the top bidder. They won't pass on the sale if the top bid isn't 6B or whatever, it's going to be sold and in the event the sale stretches to summer they must ensure the team has enough to finish top four. So I expect we will see the additions ten Hag requires. He will undoubtedly be selective, not like they'll be throwing money around, but resources will be borrowed if necessary to ensure he gets what he wants.

red thru&thru

For those who have no idea what this means, please could you explain.
crossy will correct me, however, believe, in loose terms, that someone/people have bet the share price will go to $23 by a certain date.

A lot of risk, as Man Utd shares on usually traded like that. So, the assumption is, someone knows some big news coming out soon, which will soar the price.

Again, I stand to be corrected.

AneRu

They already have debt to the point where what is a little more, given the sale being ahead. The club will go to the top bidder. They won't pass on the sale if the top bid isn't 6B or whatever, it's going to be sold and in the event the sale stretches to summer they must ensure the team has enough to finish top four. So I expect we will see the additions ten Hag requires. He will undoubtedly be selective, not like they'll be throwing money around, but resources will be borrowed if necessary to ensure he gets what he wants.
Plus given the work already done last summer this team doesnt need much more, maybe an 8 and a striker then Ten Hag can promote Laird to back up RB and blood in the likes of Amad and Mejbri for back up roles. With good scouting we could get these for £100m to £150m and that could force them into getting more debt of about £80m or so.

crossy1686

career ending
@crossy1686 some high calls on the stock market to at $23?

I can't post the picture that I saw for you to explain it.
Yep I see it, expect some news again. The market is quite volatile at the moment as well with CPI data and inflation hikes coming this week so it's weird that someone would go this hard on this when the market has the potential to halt down on Friday.

As always, someone knows something we don't.

crossy1686

career ending
crossy will correct me, however, believe, in loose terms, that someone/people have bet the share price will go to $23 by a certain date.

A lot of risk, as Man Utd shares on usually traded like that. So, the assumption is, someone knows some big news coming out soon, which will soar the price.

Again, I stand to be corrected.
For those who have no idea what this means, please could you explain.
Same if somebody explain this it will be good :)
As @red thru&thru explained, call options are when you essentially 'bet' that the stock will reach, or at least go up, to the strike price you've selected (in this case $20.38) by the expiration date of the contract you've selected (in this case June 16th 2023). If the stock doesn't go up from the point of purchase those call options expire worthless, there's also Theta decay on them so the longer you hold and the further away from the price it is the less they are worth.

Someone took these quite far out, usually that's for insurance in case the sale takes longer than expected, but I'd say from those alone they expect the deal to be done in the Spring.

Laurencio

Are the Amazon links legit? News on this sale has been all over the place, and it all seems a bit absurd.

red thru&thru

As @red thru&thru explained, call options are when you essentially 'bet' that the stock will reach, or at least go up, to the strike price you've selected (in this case $20.38) by the expiration date of the contract you've selected (in this case June 16th 2023). If the stock doesn't go up from the point of purchase those call options expire worthless, there's also Theta decay on them so the longer you hold and the further away from the price it is the less they are worth.

Someone took these quite far out, usually that's for insurance in case the sale takes longer than expected, but I'd say from those alone they expect the deal to be done in the Spring.
Appreciate the confirmation! :)

red thru&thru

Are the Amazon links legit? News on this sale has been all over the place, and it all seems a bit absurd.
Who is buying the club I don't know. However, looking at the recent market action, something is happening.

In my personal opinion, the Glazers already know who they are selling to. Due diligence has already been carried out by the buyer. Just crossing the i's and dotting the t's is left.

SparkedIntoLife

Dream scenario would be a big sale to a wealthy company like INEOS or Amazon by Spring and we get £350M for the Summer window to sign the blockbuster young talents like Bellingham, Antonio Silva, Osimhen and Vanderson. I expect the total opposite - no sale by the Summer and some "investment" only soon thereafter.

LordSpud

A lot of the journos are still in Qatar, I dont think its a coincidence that the Monday after England get knocked out The Athletic puts out that lengthy piece about whereabouts the sale could be at. After next Sunday the rumour mill will start properly (club sale and transfer window)

hobbers

Raine want to keep genuine bidders out of public discourse because they'll all be thundercunts who United fans would end up protesting against like Chelsea fans did with Ricketts.

cyberman

Dream scenario would be a big sale to a wealthy company like INEOS or Amazon by Spring and we get £350M for the Summer window to sign the blockbuster young talents like Bellingham, Antonio Silva, Osimhen and Vanderson. I expect the total opposite - no sale by the Summer and some "investment" only soon thereafter.
Athletic won’t have a clue though. I’d say any bids are under wraps. The big clue is retconning old news as if they’re breaking it. Oh did Some siblings try to buy out the club? Where were you when news broke they wanted a sale? Now they have the inside track from a man who posts transfer rumours?
It’s nonsense imo.
Edit didn’t mean to quote you but I’ll keep it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.