Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If it is Dubai. I can imagine a scenario where the rats sell a controlling stake but still hold onto some shares, expecting the new majority ownership to increase the clubs value in the coming years. Would this be a realistic possibility?

city-puma

Thanks.

Is it fair to say we're still at a slight advantage to those clubs in terms of starting positions though? Like, we wouldn't need as much pumped in as early because a lot of what they chase, we already have?

If we can afford to spend £100m a year without a 'sugar daddy' owner, with the team, players and manager we already have, another £60/£70m year from the owner would put us in a fantastic position?
Under current climate, I think we need to sign two players per year costing more than 60mil each, to compete in EPL.

drmuji

If it is Dubai. I can imagine a scenario where the rats sell a controlling stake but still hold onto some shares, expecting the new majority ownership to increase the clubs value in the coming years. Would this be a realistic possibility?
I know they are Arabs and they are sheikhs but they are not stupid people. Why would they make a deal which is worse for them in longterm. They would never want anything less than what UAE sheikhs got. So, that ain't happening. Glazer's era is done if these middle Eastern people are coming.

drmuji

Under current climate, I think we need to sign two players per year costing more than 60mil each, to compete in EPL.
I think we would need much more than that, the way market is going. I mean, jude for 150 and enzo for 120, osenheim for 100. These days any decent player would cost 100 ; cue Anthony

city-puma

I think we would need much more than that, the way market is going. I mean, jude for 150 and enzo for 120, osenheim for 100. These days any decent player would cost 100 ; cue Anthony
Agree. I actually forgot to put the word “minimal”.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'll take Dubai tbh. Not sure why but I trust Arab owners to hire competent people or at least attempt to.

Even with 'good' American ownership, we've seen what can happen and all Arab-owned clubs are run well - PSG probably are the worst ones but still miles better than Chelsea for example

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Come on now, owning Manchester United is like owning the crown jewels, it's unique and worth more to them as all the others. Know your worth, they'll pay.

Money doesn't mean much by itself. They want something no one else has.

georgipep

I know they are Arabs and they are sheikhs but they are not stupid people. Why would they make a deal which is worse for them in longterm. They would never want anything less than what UAE sheikhs got. So, that ain't happening. Glazer's era is done if these middle Eastern people are coming.
Nothing against the actual message in your post, just pointing out that Dubai is part of UAE.

phelans shorts

I'll take Dubai tbh. Not sure why but I trust Arab owners to hire competent people or at least attempt to.

Even with 'good' American ownership, we've seen what can happen and all Arab-owned clubs are run well - PSG probably are the worst ones but still miles better than Chelsea for example
PSG are atrociously run, and City were awful for several years before Garry Cook got himself sacked for the Nedum Onouha disgrace.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
PSG are atrociously run, and City were awful for several years before Garry Cook got himself sacked for the Nedum Onouha disgrace.
PSG have attempted to hire decent people but failed due to their president being a prick. Now they seem to be doing better but they're just a plastic team nonetheless.

City would always take time, as it's hard to attract talent with their name. This won't be a problem for us.

Generally speaking, I'm more confident we'll be run better with ME ownership, especially a non-oil emirate like Dubai.

Of course, it can always go to shit.

croadyman

Provided Dubai are still majority owners

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Which I think is more than achievable without an owner pumping in huge amounts?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Aren't Dubai the paupers compared to the Qataris, the Abu Dhabi's and the Saudis?

Marcelinho87

Aren't Dubai the paupers compared to the Qataris, the Abu Dhabi's and the Saudis?
As said before when it comes to the vast sums involved does it even matter?

Chelsea geezer is spending like his life depends on it and he is nowhere near the Dubai lot in wealth.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
As said before when it comes to the vast sums involved does it even matter?

Chelsea geezer is spending like his life depends on it and he is nowhere near the Dubai lot in wealth.
weren't they bailed out by the City owners though?

ddg01

Sorry if I’m over stepping the mark as a ‘newbie’ but could we not pin this thread, as it’s probably the most important subject to be discussed in decades.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Sorry if I’m over stepping the mark as a ‘newbie’ but could we not pin this thread, as it’s probably the most important subject to be discussed in decades.
I don't think it needs it right now. The thread is consistently at or the near the top of this forum and stickied threads tend to become furniture that few look at.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Bit hypocritical of them to talk about fan engagement

dove

I bet it hasn't even crossed their mind. Just brownie points speaking to a fan forum. Like they give a shit about fan opinion
I don’t think any club gives a shite about fans’ opinion tbh. The idea that a privately owned club will listen to what some random fan has to say is just a fantasy. So all the talk about them being “integral” is just a typical PR nonsense.

Woodzy

You bet he is hoping for a partial sale or no sale.
Yep, Arnold won’t last long if the Glazers are out. He is a Glazer man and the new owners will want their own running the show.

I’m all for it, as I still have no idea whether Arnold is actually competent or not.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yep, Arnold won’t last long if the Glazers are out. He is a Glazer man and the new owners will want their own running the show.

I’m all for it, as I still have no idea whether Arnold is actually competent or not.
There will be a knock-on effect. Arnold's potential departure will affect Murtough and then ETH. Like you said, the new owners would rather have people they know, shared vision, hired and trust with their £5-6billion investment.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Whoever buys the club could want a bit of continuity so they could keep Arnold on for longer. I remember everyone thought the Glazers would get rid of Gill and put their own man in.

sglowrider

Whoever buys the club could want a bit of continuity so they could keep Arnold on for longer. I remember everyone thought the Glazers would get rid of Gill and put their own man in.
But the investment on their part was so low risk. Sure they didn't care if Gill was in it. No reason to change. But when you are spending your own money to the tune of £5-6billion, you won't want to take that sort of risk especially when you know the club has in a downward trajectory.
Even Ratcliffe put in his own brother immediately after he bought Nice.

redNATION

There will be a knock-on effect. Arnold's potential departure will affect Murtough and then ETH. Like you said, the new owners would rather have people they know, shared vision, hired and trust with their £5-6billion investment.
They won’t get rid of ETH. He’s one of the best regarded managers in Europe, and doing well. It’s a bonus to buy the club and have someone competent as manager already.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They won't sack ETH :lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
But the investment on their part was so low risk. Sure they didn't care if Gill was in it. No reason to change. But when you are spending your own money to the tune of £5-6billion, you won't want to take that sort of risk especially when you know the club has in a downward trajectory.
Even Ratcliffe put in his own brother immediately after he bought Nice.
I think the reason why they kept Gill was because they didn't want to upset Fergie and the fans. They knew they already had the man in place to lead the club and he worked well with Gill so why ruin that. I don't doubt a new owner would want their own people in but I don't see it as an impossible scenario that they decide to keep Arnold while also bringing in their people into other roles and potentially having somebody work alongside him. It's hard to say because we really don't know who's buying the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Depends who “they” are, surely?

If we get bought by a sheikh for use as a distraction for his playboy nephew, the latter might bring in Wayne Lineker as DoF :nervous:
How are City run?

Revaulx

How are City run?
Not by a sheikh with a playboy nephew, obvs.

Edit: I wasn’t being entirely serious. Nevertheless, City being well run doesn’t guarantee we would be. PSG have been hamstrung by having a relative of the owners as President, who was happy to Divide and Rule by employing a DoF and managers who were at cross purposes.

Last edited:

RopersReturn

Going from Glazers to a Saudi or Qatari regime ownership is crazy for me.

Yes the Glazers arent the best owners, but we use a lot of money. Have they invested in stadium and other facilities they could be considered good owners. And at least they support the Democratic party
Have they? So is that why Carrington is in need of refurbishment, the supporters in the Stretford End get a soaking every time it rains because the roofs in such poor condition, reported rat infestations..

Finally for the record, the Glazers are Republican supporters who donated to Trumps nomination.

phelans shorts

Not by a sheikh with a playboy nephew, obvs.

Edit: I wasn’t being entirely serious. Nevertheless, City being well run doesn’t guarantee we would be. PSG have been hamstrung by having a relative of the owners as President, who was happy to Divide and Rule by employing a DoF and managers who were at cross purposes.
Also important to point out it took a number of years for City to get their house in order. They were an absolute disaster zone for quite a long time

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Have they? So is that why Carrington is in need of refurbishment, the supporters in the Stretford End get a soaking every time it rains because the roofs in such poor condition, reported rat infestations..

Finally for the record, the Glazers are Republican supporters who donated to Trumps nomination.
How is the last part relevant ?

sglowrider

I think the reason why they kept Gill was because they didn't want to upset Fergie and the fans. They knew they already had the man in place to lead the club and he worked well with Gill so why ruin that. I don't doubt a new owner would want their own people in but I don't see it as an impossible scenario that they decide to keep Arnold while also bringing in their people into other roles and potentially having somebody work alongside him. It's hard to say because we really don't know who's buying the club.
The top management (Arnold/Murtough) will be on a very tight leash for sure if they are kept. They will have to present a b-plan and vision of where they think they can drive United.

And if the new owners are satisfied then they will be kept on. But that plan will be based on an ROI or some grand vision (eg multi-club scenario) depending on the type of owners. Then they will be judged on achieving those proposed objectives.

ETH isn't like Fergie -- a proven serial winner. ETH will be seen as a risk, experimental. There are a handful of other options for the new owners to pick from. Brand name, proven winners. And everyone has a price.

sglowrider

Don’t be silly
Why? There are plenty of examples. Ratcliffe replaced the top management at Nice. Even the Abu Dhabi folks replaced City's top management upon talking control of the club.
It happens everywhere at work, certainly in my own experience & observations..

Status
Not open for further replies.