Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

I don’t think he has any family relations to the Emir.

He’s a banker.
He was in line to be Emir, but at some point seems like he didn't really want to and abdicated in favor of his younger brother. But that means that he's 100% in the family, like right fecking there in the core.

Trophy Room

Would we be richer than City?

It's not even the expensive signings I'm most excited about. Its improvements we will see to our infrastructure such as Carrington, OT and hopefully something similar to the Etihad campus is built to rejuvenate the local area around OT. This can be very good for Manchester as a city.
Exactly, property prices about to skyrocket. Invest!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

It's not even the expensive signings I'm most excited about. Its improvements we will see to our infrastructure such as Carrington, OT and hopefully something similar to the Etihad campus is built to rejuvenate the local area around OT. This can be very good for Manchester as a city.
This is what most are looking forward. Unfortunately unless we go for austerity measures, this kind of development is only possible through this kind of sale.

thebelfastboy

Key part of this statement for me is that it's not debt financed.

This should finally be an opportunity for INEOS / JR to put on the record asap how they plan to finance their offer with their buddies in Goldman Sachs etc .

After that, let's see if all those in favour of the local lad Sir Jim (with a Chelsea season ticket) turned multi billionaire and what his intentions are.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

I think most people are excited because of this. I don't think spending on players has been our problem the last decade. It was a problem at the start when the leeches had Fergie to bail them out.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He was in line to be Emir, but at some point seems like he didn't really want to and abdicated in favor of his younger brother. But that means that he's 100% in the family, like right fecking there in the core.
Not based on what I've read. This guy is the son of the former emir's brother.

AFC NimbleThumb

Simon hinting at full sale being likely scenario

No way partial investment is going to make the shareholders this much money
No one is giving the Glazers billions on the basis of the way they’ve ran this club. They’d just take out bigger dividends.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Let’s just get the stadium sorted, add a couple of Champions Leagues, let them sportswash the feck out of the local area and then we bring out the green and gold in protest.

MTF

Not based on what I've read. This guy is the son of the former emir's brother.
Is it not this guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jassim_bin_Hamad_bin_Khalifa_Al_Thani

"Jassim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (Arabic: جاسم بن حمد بن خليفة آل ثاني; born 25 August 1978) is the former heir apparent of Qatar. He is the third son of the former Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and the first child of the Emir with his second wife, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al-Missned. He abdicated his position as Crown Prince in 2003, in favour of his younger brother Tamim, citing being uninterested in becoming Emir."

Edwards6

I don't want an asterisk next to any trophies we win in the future and this looks like a good way to get an asterisk next to any trophies we win.
No we're not a small club like City so we make enough revenue without having to cheat

JustAGuest

I don't want an asterisk next to any trophies we win in the future and this looks like a good way to get an asterisk next to any trophies we win.
Can't really have it both ways. Any success from now on will be partly down to being owned by Qatar.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is it not this guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jassim_bin_Hamad_bin_Khalifa_Al_Thani

"Jassim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (Arabic: جاسم بن حمد بن خليفة آل ثاني; born 25 August 1978) is the former heir apparent of Qatar. He is the third son of the former Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and the first child of the Emir with his second wife, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al-Missned. He abdicated his position as Crown Prince in 2003, in favour of his younger brother Tamim, citing being uninterested in becoming Emir."
I don’t think it’s him.

laughtersassassin

How come the photos of this guy in some posts don't match the name of the guy that shows up on Google?

Is it the man who is like mid 60s or some younger guy?

Fabs post shows a young guy but I see an older man when I Google the name

bosskeano

if this guy comes in with a £4.5b bid that makes United debt free....Glazers will probably hold to see if they can get £5b

the important part though....is that 4.5 only for the glazers to sell united or does that monies include any sort of stadium or training facilities upgrades?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

FFS, all these long names scrambled my brain after a day of work...

See my post on page 475. This guy is indeed the brother of the ex-Emir and uncle of the current one. I just got confused by the FT writing his name with and without initals in the space of three sentences.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why do people think this will be a public activity? I highly doubt the Glazers, who literally never communicate with the fans, are going to be providing us with updates about the sale, update's that may hurt them in the sale process. We won't know shit till it's done.
And we go over now live to Roddy Piper who’s with Joel Glazer
Could Vince sell before the deadline in time to make a bid?
OT, Middle Eastern owner walks out to the pitch to rip off his hair to reveal Vinnie Mac grinning

Status
Not open for further replies.