Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Something
I don't get what sort of financing do the glazers need? Or is it about one of them buying out the others? That surely means additional debt. Makes no sense.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It also squares with the notion they won’t sell unless it’s for “top, top” dollar. That’s what makes this Elliot scenario so concerning. We need to hope Qatar or Sir Jim make the Glazers an offer they can’t refuse.
5bn initial bid is “top top dollar” isnt it? Most expensive sports deal of all time

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Imagine the Glazers stay on and the Qataris turn their attention to Liverpool.

Roboc7

Quite the opposite, I would think.

Can't imagine the Glazers being interested in something like that.

A possible (but probably very unlikely) scenario: their plan is to sell out by increments. In which case they could sell a chunk of shares to these vultures now, and then wait for the value of the remainder to rise.

(I have no idea whether this would make financial sense in any possible scenario - just speculating wildly)
Any funds raised would have to be put back into the club though, if the Glazers took the money they’ve just got all the same problems and still need to raise cash. If they did invest it into the club then they’d have shares And received noting for them which goes against everything they stand for.

Articles like this are just pure click bait, are we supposed to believe that after 18 years of neglect and taking money out the Glazers are suddenly going to start putting money in, it’s just nonsense.

C'est Moi Cantona

A possible (but probably very unlikely) scenario: their plan is to sell out by increments. In which case they could sell a chunk of shares to these vultures now, and then wait for the value of the remainder to rise.

(I have no idea whether this would make financial sense in any possible scenario - just speculating wildly)
I don't get how that works, because surely the money they got from this would have to be spent on the stadium rather than into their backpockets.

If so the value of the club would then have to increase by a big percentage for them to just get back to where they would be with the offers they have now, where can pocket all the money.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I just can't fathom why any normal person would want your name going through mud and being disliked by millions of United fans. Surely billions in profits and just living of interest would provide the best of everything for many generations.

Retire in peace and enjoy your profits.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Elliott allegedly lent money to AC Milan current owner at a 7% interest rate and an additional 8% in PIK.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Qatar and / or Jim will just spend closer to what the Glazer wants is all. The elliot interest just gives them leverage in negotiations by threatening an alternative.

Nogbadthebad

Ogden should know better.

Elliot financed the milan takeover at 15%.

Imagine that interest on the couple of billion needed for a stadium etc. The club doesn;t generate enough revenue to fund it.

LR7

Gary Neville expressed concern on his podcast earlier today about the possibility that the Glazers posturing about selling could be just to drive up the share price to enable a couple of the Glazer siblings to sell the shares that they own at the highest price with the others remaining in place with new investors. Given this news, it makes you wonder what he might have heard. Whilst there are differing opinions in here, I think we can all at least agree that we want the Glazer family gone completely. Hopefully this is just to encourage higher bids.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Okay, I feel like I have to reiterate this numerous times because some on here flip and panic at the first sign of a bump in the road.

There is absolutely zero chance that the Glazers will stay at the club in ANY capacity whatsoever. None. Zilch. Nada. Not on your nelly.

This is yet another negotiation tactic that is designed to drive the best deal out of prospective buyers. It is simply unpalatable for them to stay and they know that the time to cash out is now.

On a side note, it is bare faced cheek for them to reprimand prospective buyers for their remarks to the Glazers while at the same time, they brief to the press deals agreed which could potentially scupper any of the proposals put forward by prospective buyers. Started off as cnuts, ran our club like cnuts and will sell our club like cnuts. Can't wait to see the back of them!

Woodzy

Christ, just imagine after all this we end up keeping the Glazers and just taking on more debt.

Andy_Cole

Can you please provide us with a realistic alternative which would be in the best interest of the club?
An impossible scenario. But if like Chelsea, the country took the club off the Glazers and it became a fan run non profit. Wait that’s sort of what Barca and Madrid are right? That would make us state run too? The state here being UK.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Apparently there are NDAs involved. Not sure how that squares up with the statements already released but there you go.
All the noise pre-deadline was about INEOS and Qatar so it wouldn’t make a ton of sense for them to stay quiet. Better for both parties to engage and garner fan support for their bids.

Sultan

An impossible scenario. But if like Chelsea, the country took the club off the Glazers and it became a fan run non profit. Wait that’s sort of what Barca and Madrid are right? That would make us state run too? The state here being UK.
I was at Barca on Thursday. The stadium is in a despicable state. They need billions just in getting the infrastructure up to some semblance of decent. I can't see this happening unless they sell more of their assets.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Do the anti Qatar people prefer Glazers or Qatar? Genuine question?
Ha ha. This is great question. I mean......answer should be Glazers, right?
Right? :nervous:
Not really. It’s no surprise that pretty much the entire fan base has had enough and want the Glazers out. They have never been popular owners.
So your question is obviously a disingenuous trick - because most will say Qatar just to get rid of the Glazers. That’s not to say that they necessarily feel Qatar is best for the club full stop.

Spoony

The People's President
I was at Barca on Thursday. The stadium is in a despicable state. They need billions just in getting the infrastructure up to some semblance of decent. I can't see this happening unless they sell more of their assets.
They've started stadium renovations. It's costing them £1.3b.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
In its present structure, bankruptcy awaits if Glazers remain. There's a reason why they have put the club up for sale.
I'd obviously prefer that not to happen and I'm assuming the Glazers would be able to get investment if they wanted to, but bankruptcy would be preferable to me over the Qatar takeover to be honest.

I don't think there is really much chance of the Glazers staying, mind.

JagUTD

Can you please provide us with a realistic alternative which would be in the best interest of the club?
Of the known offers, Ratcliffe. While far from perfect and with his own questionable past and practices, it's the most palatable offer on the table.

The perfect owner doesn't really exist if we are all honest with ourselves. Not at this level of wealth anyway.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I don't get how that works, because surely the money they got from this would have to be spent on the stadium rather than into their backpockets.
If they list, say, 40% of their current shares and X buys 'em - wouldn't they be able to just pocket the money? They'd relinquish votes/ownership and X would get a seat (seats) on the board, etc.

I mean in theory - again, I have absolutely no idea if any possible scenario could justify such a thing (financially, from their perspective).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Gary Neville expressed concern on his podcast earlier today about the possibility that the Glazers posturing about selling could be just to drive up the share price to enable a couple of the Glazer siblings to sell the shares that they own at the highest price with the others remaining in place with new investors. Given this news, it makes you wonder what he might have heard. Whilst there are differing opinions in here, I think we can all at least agree that we want the Glazer family gone completely. Hopefully this is just to encourage higher bids.
Isn't that literally stock manipulation

AlexUTD

Elliot need hounding. Need to make it very clear this is a non starter.
Fecking leeches..

If they stayed then supporters would seriously would have to stop attending matches cause that is the only way to get rid of them.

But they are losing sponsors cause United fans are pushing them on social media so i dont know if they could continue pulling in huge sponsors anymore.

Sultan

They've started stadium renovations. It's costing them £1.3b.
I did see some corner taken down and works ongoing. I don't think Barca have 1.3 Billion without either selling some more of its assets or bank loans.

crossy1686

career ending
I have heard a few fans who suggest if the Qataris take over we will be so successful it will get boring. Success will not be that sweet. PSG or City have not yet been successful in Europe. Anyway, as a fan, I will never get bored of watching the best talents doing their business at Old Trafford.
Spot on, I’ll cheer every trophy like it’s the last. If we dominate the league for decades I couldn’t care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.