Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So, we need investment then?
Well yeah but you make it sound like don't get any or enough.

We actually spend more than enough to win the PL and CL. We just buy too many average players because we don't have enough expertise at the club. Antony is the latest ina long line of questionable decisions.

You can throw a whole load of stick at our current owners but lack of investment in the playing squad isn't one of them.

cyberman

We actually spend more than enough to win the PL and CL. We just buy too many average players because we don't have enough expertise at the club. Antony is the latest ina long line of questionable decisions.

You can throw a whole load of stick at our current owners but lack of investment in the playing squad isn't one of them.
We have misspent money backing the wrong managers and now we’re broke with a 2-3 billion pound bill coming down the pipe in the near future.
We need investment. What we don’t need are more owners taking money out of the club and having us operate at 50 percent capacity,
Everybody looks rich when they don’t pay the bills at home

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We have misspent money backing the wrong managers and now we’re broke with a 2-3 billion pound bill coming down the pipe in the near future.
We need investment. What we don’t need are more owners taking money out of the club and having us operate at 50 percent capacity,
Oh absolutely. I want the owners gone for many reasons. Ed Woodward, The debt and lack of investment in the stadium being big ones.

We need a new football director who understands football and the market. Until we do that we will continue to get it wrong.

red thru&thru

The owners are to blame for this sh*t show. All of it. They own the club. They employ the people to run it. The fact that we've spent so much, so poorly, we were left to loan signings in January.

Investment comes in all forms, not just spending money on players coming in, but Investment in a proper plan on how to return the club where it should be.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The owners are to blame for this sh*t show. All of it. They own the club. They employ the people to run it. The fact that we've spent so much, so poorly, we were left to loan signings in January.

Investment comes in all forms, not just spending money on players coming in, but Investment in a proper plan on how to return the club where it should be.
Absolutely. They are to blame. It was just your comment of we need investment like we haven't had any. We need better investment from people who understand the game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Isn't it funny how when it comes to money the Glazers own the club but when it's about the shitshow they've presided over, it's not on them. Some proper apologists on here.

jm99

Absolutely. They are to blame. It was just your comment of we need investment like we haven't had any. We need better investment from people who understand the game.
Tbh, the problem with the Glazers isn't so much the lack of investment but the timing. They don't really like spending money if they think the team is good enough, like when Jose finished 2nd then they only gave him fred that summer, which wasn't enough to catch city. Or like with ten hag needing a striker in January and no funds being available. They've spent big when they've had to, but look at under fergie, then moyes. As long as they think the team can stay competitive without investment then they're happy, it's just that we've spent so poorly and been so badly managed that this has required more money than it should have

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Isn't it funny how when it comes to money the Glazers own the club but when it's about the shitshow they've presided over, it's not on them. Some proper apologists on here.
Not at all. I hate the Glazers. But we have a certain section of the fanbase who say they don't invest enough into transfer windows. The Mark Goldbridge generation I'm referring to.

They have allowed our managers to spend and waste fortunes. For that among other things they have to go.

If we are taken over by Qatar, Ratcliffe or even more yanks the first thing they need to do is clear house in the background. None of our scouts or transfer team knows what they are doing clearly.

Rightnr

Not at all. I hate the Glazers. But we have a certain section of the fanbase who say they don't invest enough into transfer windows. The Mark Goldbridge generation I'm referring to.

They have allowed our managers to spend and waste fortunes. For that among other things they have to go.

If we are taken over by Qatar, Ratcliffe or even more yanks the first thing they need to do is clear house in the background. None of our scouts or transfer team knows what they are doing clearly.
Liverpool won the game with the two players we wanted but couldn't get because of the Glazers mismanagement the last two windows.

Your Mark Goldbridge generation waffle is absolutely ludicrous when we needed reinforcements up front and signed Weghorst instead of Gakpo. Even just buying him to stop the scousers from getting him would have been fine and United in the past used to do that. They still have Diaz and Jota off the bench, mind, on top of Firmino.

So as I said in the match day thread, they have 2 solid front threes, we don't have even one.

gulli_G

The greatest irony in this whole situation is that Fergie was the catalyst for our success and consequent downfall (greed over a horse).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Liverpool won the game with the two players we wanted but couldn't get because of the Glazers mismanagement the last two windows.

Your Mark Goldbridge generation waffle is absolutely ludicrous when we needed reinforcements up front and signed Weghorst instead of Gakpo. Even just buying him to stop the scousers from getting him would have been fine and United in the past used to do that. They still have Diaz and Jota off the bench, mind, on top of Firmino.

So as I said in the match day thread, they have 2 solid front threes, we don't have even one.
We spent 250m in the summer. Can you blame Antony on the Glazers? They probably didn't even know who he was. ETH wanted him and so far he's been shocking.

Can't wait till they leave and sell up but we've got to face facts. Transfer kitties is one thing they haven't failed with.

Rightnr

We spent 250m in the summer. Can you blame Antony on the Glazers? They probably didn't even know who he was. ETH wanted him and so far he's been shocking.

Can't wait till they leave and sell up but we've got to face facts. Transfer kitties is one thing they haven't failed with.
Yes, I fecking can. They appointed the morons who spent £85m on him, instead of spending £50m at the start of the summer and actually having enough money for Gakpo, who was available for £20-25m back in the summer.

Glazers meddle in our transfer business, it's been on record, they're just really sneaky about. The main example is Martial (who I rated) getting a crazy new deal and refusing Perisic for Mourinho.

They're clueless and so are their proxies at the club.

mu4c_20le

Glazers meddle in our transfer business, it's been on record, they're just really sneaky about. The main example is Martial (who I rated) getting a crazy new deal and refusing Perisic for Mourinho.

Mourinho also wanted Dier, Maguire, Willian, and Perisic. He would've turned us into Inter Milan post title, without the title.

Moriarty

Misspent? We've pissed it up the wall. The Glazers are a millstone round our neck and you're right, we don't need and can't afford new owners sucking more money out of us while the ground falls into ruin.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yes, I fecking can. They appointed the morons who spent £85m on him, instead of spending £50m at the start of the summer and actually having enough money for Gakpo, who was available for £20-25m back in the summer.
That's on ETH. Spending too much time on FDJ.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

They definitely need to leave. No argument there.

I actually blame ETH for Antony though. He's absolutely nowhere near the player I thought we were getting. Hasn't got much wrong but this is looking like a disaster tbh. How do we even shift him now too if he doesn't buck up quickly? Don't think we can.

You can say we should have moved for him earlier but that was because we were chasing FDJ and clearly we didn't have money for both to be fair.

We need a world class head of recruitment and fast.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's on ETH. Spending too much time on FDJ.
Just said the same underneath this comment. Glad somebody else noticed it. Our failed approach for FDJ cost us another £20m or so on Antony.

We need to get rid of the Glazers and hopefully the new owners employ the best in class in recruitment.

Rightnr

They definitely need to leave. No argument there.

I actually blame ETH for Antony though. He's absolutely nowhere near the player I thought we were getting. Hasn't got much wrong but this is looking like a disaster tbh. How do we even shift him now too if he doesn't buck up quickly? Don't think we can.

You can say we should have moved for him earlier but that was because we were chasing FDJ and clearly we didn't have money for both to be fair.

We need a world class head of recruitment and fast.
But this is exactly it. Klopp wanted some no-mark (forgot who) from the German league instead of Salah but the Liverpool team said no, here's your guy.

People blaming our summer business on him are crazy IMHO. The guy came in a club in shambles, created team spirit and STILL had to deal with an awful start.

It was Murtough's (and even Arnold's) job to tell him to cool off on Antony and get someone else as well as ignore FdJ after early June. I just cannot blame the guy who's worked magic with rags about our club being a shambles for 15 years.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But this is exactly it. Klopp wanted some no-mark (forgot who) from the German league instead of Salah but the Liverpool team said no, here's your guy.

People blaming our summer business on him are crazy IMHO. The guy came in a club in shambles, created team spirit and STILL had to deal with an awful start.

It was Murtough's (and even Arnold's) job to tell him to cool off on Antony and get someone else as well as ignore FdJ after early June. I just cannot blame the guy who's worked magic with rags about our club being a shambles for 15 years.
I love this manager and he was the one I wanted.

Can't blame Antony on anyone but him though. He's absolutely shite.

Woziak

And this is proven by the complete over reliance on Rashford scoring goals, Martial injury record means he’s not fit for purpose and if the glaziers stayed they would rather make do with what we have. Tbf to ETH he’s done miracles with this squad but at the same time we spent £40m too much on Antony due to his wishes all the other transfers the club made, giving circumstances have been fine. We need to change the CEO, DOF, and all the other clowns in charge of the club this is nothing new because of one result. We need efficient senior execs and management who make everyone inside and outside the club take us seriously, we need best in class for these positions.

Our goal difference of +6 for a team currently 3rd in the PL tells you all you need to know and since Fergie we’ve never scored 80,85 or 90 PL goals. Bring on new owners the first point of call is a CFW who can score 25-30 goals the second is a true number 10 who doesn’t play for himself and the cameras like Bruno does and another left footed attacker like Mohamed Kudas who can play number 10 and inverted right. These players still don’t realise that if we do get Qatari owners, they have a habit of liking to interfere with team affairs snd the managers recruitment. A lot of players put themselves in the grey area today where Sheikh Jasim probably screaming at the screen, he will be drawing up new player recruitment plans afyer todays game that went from 2/3 player CM, CFW , young CB to New GK, CDM back up, RB, CB, Number 10 and CFW

AlPistacho

Anyways. I’m calling it now. We’ll come back from this and will go on a run until the end of season. Might be the humbling the team, and even the manager, needed. The praise they were getting lavished with in recent weeks while justified was getting disproportionate considering the season isn’t over yet.

Passitlikescholes

Tbh, the problem with the Glazers isn't so much the lack of investment but the timing. They don't really like spending money if they think the team is good enough, like when Jose finished 2nd then they only gave him fred that summer, which wasn't enough to catch city. Or like with ten hag needing a striker in January and no funds being available. They've spent big when they've had to, but look at under fergie, then moyes. As long as they think the team can stay competitive without investment then they're happy, it's just that we've spent so poorly and been so badly managed that this has required more money than it should have
^This

The timing is absolutely atrocious. The Glazers are reluctant to spend when the time is right and only spend when we're desperate, allowing the selling clubs to take us to the cleaners and blow our budget.

SAF claimed that there was no value in the market when looking to sign centre midfielders, we still haven't solved this problem and have only this season come close to fulfilling our needs in midfield.

Our defence was left with Smalling and Jones (after SAF retired), with no investment. Then we spend big on Maguire and Lindelof (who's fee was big at the time) and we're quite evidently taken to the cleaners by Leicester (for Maguire) because we were desperate. Taken to the cleaners by Crystal Palace for AWB because the club is run abysmally

The Glazers don't spend the small amounts, when required, to top up the squad, instead waiting until we're desperate to sign, which other clubs know and sell to us at ludicrous prices.

laughtersassassin

Hopefully a win in the Europa League and some positive sale news and we can forget about the weekend altogether

Rockets Redglare

Forgive me, but what has a horse got to do with Manchester United? Genuine q
Read up about the racehorse Rock of Gibraltar. It’s basically how the Glazer’s ended up buying United, because Fergie fell out with the major shareholders over it.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Read up about the racehorse Rock of Gibraltar. It’s basically how the Glazer’s ended up buying United, because Fergie fell out with the major shareholders over it.
I knew of the horse and the dispute. I even knew the names Magnier and McManus but I had no idea they were shareholders of the club. Kinda makes sense now as to why Fergie never spoke against the Glazers. In some regard they saved his bacon, the way he did theirs by holding the club together all those years. Eye opening for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.