Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldman Sachs getting a good look at their potential investment

Im very scathing about this. I know modern business involves debt, but we have the option of a completely debt free approach, so Sir Jim and his proposed mountain of debt to Goldman Sachs can go back to Nice.
It’s been mentioned a billion times now, no debt will be going onto Manchester United. It’ll be going onto a corporation with 60bn turnover and 2bn profits.

We don’t have to pretend something else just cause we like the idea of endless Qatari oil money.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It’s been mentioned a billion times now, no debt will be going onto Manchester United. It’ll be going onto a corporation with 60bn turnover and 2bn profits.

We don’t have to pretend something else just cause we like the idea of endless Qatari oil money.
Maybe you should also mention how current debt will remain. That is quite important part

Tarrou

Dont think anyone said he is bluffing. Mostly its
1. His bid is financially worse in actual bid value
2. His bid is financially worse in long term United point of view.
3. He made last minute Chelsea bid so all “Put Manchester back in Manchester United” is nonsense MAGA stuff.

SJR is decent alternative to Qatar and light years ahead of Glazers. But financially its worse deal than Qatar.

Will let morality debate for real and most important fans.
loads of people said he was bluffing

Spoony

The People's President
I've never tried buying Man United but will Jim say to the board 'ay arrr, lads, ere's 4.5 big'ens, take it or leave it!'.

Why do they need 10 hours?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
SJR doesn't really have a choice other than to improve their bid as well does he? that's like throwing the towel after visiting the club in person
He can tweak his bid to give Glazers some minority stake too?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I've never tried buying Man United but will Jim say to the board 'ay arrr, lads, ere's 4.5 big'ens, take it or leave it!'.

Why do they need 10 hours?
Probably a couple of hours for lunch in there. They are going to be spending a lot of money. You can't do that on a whim.

Heinzesight

Awful man-bag from the Jimster.

It’s all a bit odd how public this entrance was. Can they not just find a private office somewhere or is this all for clicks?

JohnnyKills

I prefer the Qatar bid because it would be better for the club and the city but the disrespect towards Ratcliffe has been bizarre. He'd be a fine owner in his own right, and a massive improvement over the Glazers. He'll probably give ETH more time and freedom than the Qataris will also.
Yeah, looks like Nice have actually improved under his ownership and it'd be stupid to try and go toe-to-toe with PSG.

I'd be happy if he tries to run United on sound, sustainable lines too.

Giggsyking

It looks more and more likely doesn't it.

Tbh I'm fairly neutral on the ownership. Ratcliffe is a better option for our image and Qatar is likely a better option for our performance.
I am just happy to get rid of the Glazers :lol: .

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Probably the main reason I am a fan. When I was young I loved the jerseys and players like Giggs and Beckham, but getting older and learning about the Scottish influence on the club from individuals like SAF, Sir Matt (who's from my home town) and Denis Law made me want to support the club.
That's why you can't take any of the top-top Red debates seriously. It's just a platform for hypocrites to reveal themselves.

red thru&thru

Either way, the Glazers will go. This is the best bit.

My preference is Jassim's bid but I'm pretty sure that SJR will be better than the Glazers.

Blood Mage

Yeah this sale won't be done in time for the summer window will it? The Glazers are probably more torn on whether to sell to Jassim or Ratcliffe than we think.

Spoony

The People's President
Let's be honest if Jim weren't a Tory he'd be perfect. He's like the scruffy headmaster from school who wasn't really arsed about his attire. I like that.

Silverman

I just want our club run the right way. It needs to be sustainable and not just throwing money around stupidly. The only way I'd accept a Qatari owner would be if it was a someone who has no links to the state. I think it's just wrong if we end up with someone who also owns PSG etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.