Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

With the current world economy and them being completely incompetent owners, how are they going to manage to run the club with us being in deep shit?

Mmm-Qatarian

What an irrational assumption to make based on your username. What was he thinking.
Yeah, I forgot my username somehow.

I made this account about seven years back and completely forgot about it until recently. It was actually supposed to be a not-particularly-clever play on Mkhitaryan's name and how most people over here pronounce it, since at the time he was still with us.

Chief123

Yeah, I forgot my username somehow.

I made this account about seven years back and completely forgot about it until recently. It was actually supposed to be a not-particularly-clever play on Mkhitaryan's name and how most people over here pronounce it, since at the time he was still with us.
Ah fair enough. Yeah probably the wrong play on words as Qatarian literally means someone from Qatar. :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Banking crisis a reason to stay? What bollocks is that? You're literally swimming in debt and increasing interest rates lads, this offers you a fecking life raft away from it.
It's Jamie Jackson. He's a "journalist" in the sense that he looks like the lead singer of a failed Britpop band called The Journalists.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
They could develop the land around OT. It's already worth a billion. Won't happen. But there's massive potential.
Then why don't they ask for a bank loan and they do it themselves? What is the need for external investment which would lead to a dilution of their shares? The reality is that the Glazers want others to do the work while they take a piece of any potential benefits that others might take by investing in the damn place.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Let's all take a dump on the journalist because he's not reporting what I want to hear KLAXON!!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Basically, the tweet says:

"My name is Jamie Jackson and I know nothing."
:lol: objectively one of the most accurate posts and works with most other journalists who have "updated" on the progress.

Yorke to Cole

If there is such a concern involving debt, surely the logical outcome is to sell the club to the most suitable bidder, that has pledged not to borrow when launching their wish for a take over?

The Glazers have borrowed to such an extent they could star in a movie remake of The Borrowers.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
The Qataris just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Mancunian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it.

It's not like it is at Chelsea where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Salford, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the United Fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase United Megastore shirt replicas, nor will they purchase any half and half scarfs.

This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Qatar have alienated an entire market with this move.

Qatar, publicly apologize and let SJR win the bid for MUFC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Giggsyking

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Mancunian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it.

It's not like it is at Chelsea where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Salford, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the United Fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase United Megastore shirt replicas, nor will they purchase any half and half scarfs.

This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Qatar have alienated an entire market with this move.

Qatar, publicly apologize and let SJR win the bid for MUFC or you can kiss your business goodbye.
What?

Godfather

What is this

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives

Heh?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Stance hasn't changed at all, we need the Glazers out

Proper argument for the Qataris this, coupled with how bad our players were yesterday.

George The Best

As long as the bids are relatively close in size and below the Glazers' valuation, Raine will surely keep trying to push them up. We also don't know that they are only two bidders for a full sale and, even if there are, they are also competing against any offers of minority sale/investment, of which at least one is publicly known (Elliott Management). The risk, as you say, is one or more of the bidders walking away, but I'd bet on another round.
I don’t see what another round will achieve. With no new information why would the prospective owners change their bids. If the Glazers want to sell then they need to start negotiating with one, or both, interested parties. For all we know this may have already started.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

What?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.

Biggest crock of clueless shit I have ever heard :nono:

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Basically, the tweet says:
"My name is Jamie Jackson and I know nothing."
I went to his twitter homepage to block that clueless clown, but unfortunately I had beaten myself to it by blocking him from previous clueless clown tweets :lol:. Yet his quotes still showed up on that page which I am considering to block now..

redshaw

What is this
It's an old meme post from a video game forum based on a real post about Japanese culture and video game. People swap the words a bit like that hitler video meme.

Posting it here will only confuse people.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Just say No to drugs!

Telsim

It's a copypasta.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/japanese-culture-im-an-expert

I suspect most people here are... well, let's say not well-versed. Although, it is a very old one.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Lack of news is eroding the edges of sanity now. :lol: Though I suppose I will take a pointless meme or two over the 2000th debate on morality and ethics, or whatever.
2000 would be an underestimation. Probably closer to 5000 to 8000 when you consider that there has been estimated 40,000 posts in this thread. (40 posts per page)

croadyman

The significant movement we're likely to see - if we see anything at all - will be confirmation that the Glazers are staying. So I'm not sure that's the sort of distraction you had in mind.
Will give me zero hope for summer window

CrookedEye

That meme and the subsequent confusion that followed give me a good chuckle. Being a video game nerd I knew the post from the first sentence.

Anyway for all our sanities I hope we get some news this week regarding next stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.