Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

Nothing important, but I will post it just to have a Twitter post on this page.

Roboc7

My guess is we'll find out later this week that there will be a new round of bidding after Easter.
It’s possible but how many stages can they drag it out with only two bidders for a full sale. Neither seem interested in a bidding war and I’m sure one or both will run out of patience fairly soon.

I’m sure the Raine Group will be pushing them for a decision as well so hopefully we get some significant progress this week.

Infra-red

It’s possible but how many stages can they drag it out with only two bidders for a full sale. Neither seem interested in a bidding war and I’m sure one or both will run out of patience fairly soon.

I’m sure the Raine Group will be pushing them for a decision as well so hopefully we get some significant progress this week.
As long as the bids are relatively close in size and below the Glazers' valuation, Raine will surely keep trying to push them up. We also don't know that they are only two bidders for a full sale and, even if there are, they are also competing against any offers of minority sale/investment, of which at least one is publicly known (Elliott Management). The risk, as you say, is one or more of the bidders walking away, but I'd bet on another round.

strandty

WWE's merger with the UFC confirmed. Raine taking home a nice packet no doubt. Wonder if they'd been prioritising this...$21bn combined now.

Roboc7

As long as the bids are relatively close in size and below the Glazers' valuation, Raine will surely keep trying to push them up. We also don't know that they are only two bidders for a full sale and, even if there are, they are also competing against any offers of minority sale/investment, of which at least one is publicly known (Elliott Management). The risk, as you say, is one or more of the bidders walking away, but I'd bet on another round.
They aren’t competing with likes of Elliott though that’s a completely different option for the Glazers.

It’s very difficult for Raine Group to go back to the same parties, with the same arguments, same tactics etc to try and squeeze more money. You can only play people off against each other for so long.

Anything is possible with the Glazers but it’s hard to see how much further the process would advance in terms of a full sale with another round unless they’ve ruled out partial investment. If they just want investment another round makes more sense as there seems to be more interest and I’m sure there is more variety in terms of what role each would play and how many shares they want etc.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

WWE's merger with the UFC confirmed. Raine taking home a nice packet no doubt. Wonder if they'd been prioritising this...$21bn combined now.
Holy feck, that's a big bag for all involved.

strandty

Holy feck, that's a big bag for all involved.
Rumours are Raine earned £30m from the Chelsea deal of the £2.5bn 'takeover' so 1.2%.

If you apply that to the same value of the new merger, Raine would earn $252m from it.

Giggsyking

According to The Athletic, a loan of £200 million was taken out last simmer, from the “revolving credit facility” agreed with Bank of America Securities.

That money was used to complete signings and it must be paid back in June to permit further spending.

The Glazers will plan to use this credit card again in the summer to make new signings and it goes without saying that Ten Hag will need to sell a number of players to raise funds.

David Ornstein and Laurie Whitwell report: “United feel they are now able to repay this due to income coming in the back end of the season from sponsorship, broadcast and season tickets.

“The sim that needs paying off is actually £206.2m, given the interest added on.

HarryP

No. And that's a bad sign.

The Glazers aren't going to announce they're staying all of a sudden because that could trigger large and viscous protests. So if they now intend to stay, they will slow the 'sale process' down (less news and updates) and gradually brief that they're quite likely to stay. Then, when a point is reached where people expect them to stay, they'll announce it. There'll still be protests etc. but just not as badly if they made an abrupt announcement.

Mmm-Qatarian

No. And that's a bad sign.

The Glazers aren't going to announce they're staying all of a sudden because that could trigger large and viscous protests. So if they now intend to stay, they will slow the 'sale process' down (less news and updates) and gradually brief that they're quite likely to stay. Then, when a point is reached where people expect them to stay, they'll announce it. There'll still be protests etc. but just not as badly if they made an abrupt announcement.
According to Jackson's article, this idea isn't being briefed by the Glazers though. Jackson says the concerns have been raised by one of the bidders; I strongly suspect from reading the rest of it that it might well be Ratcliffe.

To be clear, I don't think you're being massively unreasonable mate. I myself am also quite worried that we might end up seeing the Glazers cling on. I'm just not sure this story actually quite aligns with what you've posted.

romufc

They are starting to take the piss now, the Glazers are going to ruin our summer aren't they?

MDFC Manager

According to Jackson's article, this idea isn't being briefed by the Glazers though. Jackson says the concerns have been raised by one of the bidders; I strongly suspect from reading the rest of it that it might well be Ratcliffe.

To be clear, I don't think you're being massively unreasonable mate. I myself am also quite worried that we might end up seeing the Glazers cling on. I'm just not sure this story actually quite aligns with what you've posted.
What's the latest news from Qatar? Assuming you're from there

cyberman

But doesn’t it make more sense from a failed bidder to have that excuse rather than the sellers who can simply say the price hasn’t been reached? Why would the Glazers need this reasoning?

Mmm-Qatarian

But doesn’t it make more sense from a failed bidder to have that excuse rather than the sellers who can simply say the price hasn’t been reached? Why would the Glazers need this reasoning?
This is why I said that the Jamie Jackson story is (according to Jackson himself) based on what has been said by one of the bidders. Again, purely based on what seems logical to me based on the rest of the article, my guess would be that it's coming from Ratcliffe. I don't actually have any inside information, though.

RobbieBerns

With how crucial this upcoming window is for the immediate and long term future for the club, you would expect march going fans to get restless and potentially rowdy if we go into May with the sale still in limbo.

HarryP

Agree it's probably not a briefing from the Glazers. But their behavior is contributing to suspicions which has lead to the briefing.

I do expect more briefings in the coming days that point towards them staying. But to be clear, I don't want this to happen - I just can't for the life of me see new owners in place come the Summer. Would love to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.