Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

So, as predicted from pretty much the start. The leeches are staying, potentially with even more debt added into the mix?

Herman Toothrot

The journalists who got so upset by the idea of Qatar making United successful will be delighted to see us shackled to the Glazers and a fecking hedge fund
I think in your greedy excitement, you somewhat missed their point.

Marcelinho87

So, as predicted from pretty much the start. The leeches are staying, potentially with even more debt added into the mix?
These hedge fund types aren't in this to help the Glazers, they will be there to snatch the asset when the Glazers inevitably fall behind with the large debt they will be accruing.

Dembeza

The Glazers aren't under an NDA, they own the asset so they can speak as freely as they want.
I don’t think that’s how an NDA works.

The NDA is binding for all the parties that are involved in the process which would be the buyer, seller and Raine group.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s some achievement for these parasites to come out of this more villainous than they already were. They allowed us to dream of having a well run club once again.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I read something about some bad blood between Qatar / Jassim and Carlyle , some business deal went wrong or something so this could also be a personal approach to get more cash by the glazers if so they really are low.

Mr. Robot

The news reports change every week. Qatar were odds on a few weeks ago. Today Glazers are staying. Next week it will be that SJR is buying us.

It's why I never get too excited or angry because no-one knows the actual truth. These journos are fed tidbits of info and make a circus out of it.

We will all know the truth come end of the season. Whether we all like the truth will be anyone's guess.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Read news better. It's not confirmed.
The Skysports tweet takes you to an article titled "PAPER TALK"

mctrials23

Going to have my popcorn at the ready if the Glazers stay. If they try to sell it in the future they would really struggle to be taken seriously after this debacle.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jimmy : back to debt, global warming
Jassim : linked with Qatar (mostly negatively by other fans), gas money
Glazers : the same old incompetence, old debt

Pick your poison

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Going to have my popcorn at the ready if the Glazers stay. If they try to sell it in the future they would really struggle to be taken seriously after this debacle.
If they default on any payments, then it might not be them selling us. Any hedge fund might just swallow them whole and us in the process. So are they borrowing to just buy out their siblings or enough to sort the facilities out as well? That will be one hell of a debt.

Spoony

The People's President
Jimmy : back to debt, global warming
Jassim : linked with Qatar (mostly negatively by other fans), gas money
Glazers : the same old incompetence, old debt

Pick your poison
Carlyle Group moralistically worse than the Qatar establishment.

It's all lovely.

mctrials23

If they default on any payments, then it might not be them selling us. Any hedge fund might just swallow them whole and us in the process. So are they borrowing to just buy out their siblings or enough to sort the facilities out as well? That will be one hell of a debt.
Any additional level of debt would almost certainly completely ruin our ability to compete with the richest teams in the league because we would be spending so much servicing the debt and paying the cnuts their years reward for running the club into the ground.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Any additional level of debt would almost certainly completely ruin our ability to compete with the richest teams in the league because we would be spending so much servicing the debt and paying the cnuts their years reward for running the club into the ground.
I know, doubt they will do anything with the ground either bar yet another lick of paint (sure they have shares in Dulux). They will just come out with the usual hot air. Anyway let us just hope it is the media sh*t stirring and nothing else.

Telsim

Seeing rival fans here and there celebrating the news.

It made me sick.

cyberman

Maybe somebody can explain this to me but has this other group recently come in for a minority stake or have they been in the process since the start?
It seems to me that journos are treating it as huge news when all they did was find out one of the names of the other two bidders? Elliott was the big noise last week when they were the only hedge fund that people knew about but they’ve suddenly disappeared from view.

Mr. Robot

For the love of Fergie, let Jackson be right for once.
Jackson was the first to say we want Lukaku and not the other bloke who's name I forget - it was live on a Full Time Devils stream.

He gets a lot of stick here because he's a bit of a wannabe Stone Roses band member. But he does get stuff from the club insiders.

SirAF

Ageist
Jackson was the first to say we want Lukaku and not the other bloke who's name I forget - it was live on a Full Time Devils stream.

He gets a lot of stick here because he's a bit of a wannabe Stone Roses band member. But he does get stuff from the club insiders.
:drool:

Giggsyking

The journalists who got so upset by the idea of Qatar making United successful will be delighted to see us shackled to the Glazers and a fecking hedge fund
Off course. The donkey Delany who is a "morally high" journalist will be jumping up and down happy to see us continue our downfall when he at the same time pick up his check from his Saudi and Russian overlords bosses.

Giggsyking

Those VC and hedge funds will not match the price SJ or SJR are offering because they will offer something near the stock market value, thus making it difficult for Avram and Joel to convince their other siblings to accept the the minority stakes offers.

Chief123

Utd stock price has dropped 30% since February when positive news of the sale was released.

The offers on the table are even more significantly better than they looked a couple of weeks ago.

You can see what the markets think of the prospect of Glazers staying.

spwd

Utd stock price has dropped 30% since February when positive news of the sale was released.

The offers on the table are even more significantly better than they looked a couple of weeks ago.

You can see what the markets think of the prospect of Glazers staying.
How much difference in cash would it make between the highest and lowest price of the shares?

Phil

I have no inside information obviously, but as someone thats worked in finance for over two decades I don't see a scenario in the Glazer's current financial position where they really could move forward with a controlling interest. Firstly, its clear they simply can't move forward with their current debt service.

I've said this in other posts but simply put...it makes no finacial sense for them to do a partial sale that keeps them in control...they are too leveraged, and the Glazers would be mad to give up extremely valuable minority equity to simply take out debt when they have current massive bids for a total sale. That "given up" equity would only appreciate more before the eventual future sale down the road. It's beyond stupid and the Glazers are not stupid financially (just in other ways...). This is why there have been partial buyers that have submitted bids that have claimed publicly they don't think the Glazers are serious about the partial bids, and have pulled their offers.

Because of that, I see this as really just a ploy to move up the bid amounts by creating false urgency. It will work sadly...The Glazers are going to make a fortune on this (total) sale.

I highly doubt the full sale is any real danger IMHO...
Good points.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that journalists are usually targeted on page views. Ad revenue comes from the number of impressions/page views.

Kaos

I find it hard to hate, but my contempt for these parasites has me wishing things on them that would likely get me banned here if I mentioned them.

Can they seriously feck off already, makes it hard to look forward to the progress being made by ETH when we have the albatross of those rats around our necks.

Status
Not open for further replies.