Not open for further replies.

Coops73

QUOTE="Chief123, post: 30419268, member: 83161"]
Not sure I do either.
[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks….:rolleyes:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What an emotional rollercoaster the last 24 hours have been.
Only if you keep following this absolute nonsense. Nobody has a clue what's going on. How could they? The Glazers certainly don't talk to any of them.

It's all complete and utter guess work.

NewUser777

My humble opinion is that Glaziers need to feck off. The sooner the better. People argue about who will take over, and at this point anything seem a step in the right direction.

But I think we probably need to go back to our roots. I know most fans would like us to sign Mbappe, Haaland and the next Messi (as). Truth is, we are a family club with a set of values gone straigh. I think Ole did a lot of good linking up the academy and our DNA, and I think ETH has picked up on that notion and lifted our stature and level.

Some time is needed building us back on top, and quick fix fans and board is not in our interest. We are not far away from being there, but we need a strong full squad, and ranks that can push through.

Being a bit negative, a quick Arabic oil influence is not what we need. Radcliffe would be perfect. But then again, look at how methodical Newcastle have been. We need to be patient and actually trust our manager. And with some luck, trust our new owners. It is so difficult to know what is right before some long term plan is laid out.

CallyRed

Only if you keep following this absolute nonsense. Nobody has a clue what's going on. How could they? The Glazers certainly don't talk to any of them.

It's almost like journalists know what they are doing

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Press having a field day with this.
Tomorrow - Glazers could stay
Next day - Glazers could sell

Rinse, repeat, bring on the 28th.

jm99

Yeah I agree with this, there's a lot of people on here who (somewhat understandably) are very pessimistic and any rumblings thay the Glazers might stay are taken as gospel. These takeovers take time, and in the absence of news for a while people shouldn't just let any news that fills the void be taken as truth

laughtersassassin

So Ben Jacobs, Jackson and Keegan are saying full sale more likely.

Ogden saying partial.

Let's all pray it's the former.

Woziak

They can't though. The haircut down the road on the minority equity The Glazers would need to give away to make it work for them to keep control would be worth almost as MOST of the profit they make on 80% of their asking price sale. They need a full sale. Any investment fund would jump at the chance to get cheap equity to take out the debt here if they had the cash. the Glazers are going to go full sale...
You do know I agree with you right !

Infra-red

Ogden is always the doom merchant. Obviously different sources to Jackson and Keegan.
Source: Clicks
ESPN (Ogden) have been pessimistic about the chances of a full sale throughout. The Daily Mail (Keegan) have bullish about a Qatari takeover throughout. We know that parties involved in the bidding have hired PR firms to act for them. It is not difficult to guess what is going on here and who is speaking to whom.

Neither Keegan nor Ogden have a clue what is actually likely to happen here. They are both reliably reporting what they are being told, as anyone would do in their position.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Got to be the way to get to them?, Go after the sponsors?
Tampa.

Americans are parochial as they come. You can bet 96% of Americans dont even know the Glazers own Manchester United. If the same shit was done in their own backyard.... the level of embarrassment would not be tolerated by the Glazers there. They would have checked out 5 years ago.

Irrational.

Imagine living with the knowledge that you’re absolutely despised by the vast majority of the fans of the club you own, and it being water off a duck’s bollocks. They really couldn’t care less about how they’re perceived.

Woziak

Haha I might have misread the tone...we're on the right side of this one my friend!
They can’t buy their siblings out because that would Cost £2.4bn which they don’t have, so if partnered with Carlyle VC and they bought them out at £2.4.bn then relished the shares, no way VC accepts 45/49% of voting shares when they just paid top dollar for 67% of the Glazer Sibling Shares. Joel and Avram own 33% of the 69% voting shares. A Vc is not creating a new inner circle, buying out 4 siblings majority voting shares then accepting a minority in a restructure to let two imbeciles who took control in 2014 after their fathers death and then escalated the clubs demise in last decade!

Then finance another £2bn with the premise they will get their money back from the clubs huge growth overseen by two of the worst Exec operators in football.

It shouldn’t happen, ever, if it does they won’t last more than 6 months!

Cantonagotmehere

Imagine living with the knowledge that you’re absolutely despised by the vast majority of the fans of the club you own, and it being water off a duck’s bollocks. They really couldn’t care less about how they’re perceived.
It's insane, so many other ways to make money, be involved with sport, etc.. etc.... they are insane.

sglowrider

Well, some people dont care about being liked by the general/anonymous population-- maybe only by close friends and family? Besides owners are rarely popular .

As in the immortal words spoken by a wise man: You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Surprise, surprise, vampires can't stop being vampires... I said weeks ago they were taking the piss

'Glazers confident of Man Utd stay'
The Glazers are increasingly confident of securing the outside investment that will enable them to remain as Manchester United owners, ESPN are reporting.
According to the report, Joel and Avram Glazer believe the potential for organic growth over the next decade could see the club's value double and make United worth at least £10bn.
Shares of Manchester United PLC fell 13 per cent on Monday following the report.
The giant American financial investor Carlyle is in talks about a major investment in the club.
Sky News reported that Carlyle is among a handful of parties that have pitched proposals to acquire a minority stake in the Old Trafford outfit.
A bid deadline of April 28 has been set by The Raine Group, the merchant bank handling the sale, and which oversaw last year's £2.5bn takeover of Chelsea by a consortium led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.
Venture Capitalist
or in some cases "virtual cnuts"

sglowrider

They can’t buy their siblings out because that would Cost £2.4bn which they don’t have, so if partnered with Carlyle VC and they bought them out at £2.4.bn then relished the shares, no way VC accepts 45/49% of voting shares when they just paid top dollar for 67% of the Glazer Sibling Shares. Joel and Avram own 33% of the 69% voting shares. A Vc is not creating a new inner circle, buying out 4 siblings majority voting shares then accepting a minority in a restructure to let two imbeciles who took control in 2014 after their fathers death and then escalated the clubs demise in last decade!

Then finance another £2bn with the premise they will get their money back from the clubs huge growth overseen by two of the worst Exec operators in football.

It shouldn’t happen, ever, if it does they won’t last more than 6 months!
Your scenerio isthe reason why Jassi is confident. If keyboard warriors can figure it out...

Mr. Robot

Just listen to him(on the minority buyout) before you say he's clueless and then have your say

I've listened. What exactly am I missing here? He's a fan, like you and I. He has zero sources or connections to the club. And he still lives with his mum.

Matteh

I've listened. What exactly am I missing here? He's a fan, like you and I. He has zero sources or connections to the club. And he still lives with his mum.
I’m not saying he has major sources in high places but he does have at least some connections in the club. He often calls exact announcement times hours in advance and has some useful transfer related stuff. I’m guessing he has contacts maybe in the marketing team. Probably not as much use for the takeover but I don’t think it’s fair to say he has no sources at all.

Sir Erik ten Hag

If the Glazers stay, what do you think the actual fans's response at Manchester would be? They did protest before, didn't seem to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.