Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Gas and oil. The production of which is not good for the planet either so that argument is gone straight away.

So both bidders are bad for the planet and one is a terrible human rights abusing regime.

Next argument.....

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Duncan Castles article

Ratcliffe's revised proposal would see Ineos take over the running of the club while spending on new players, sports science and improvements to Old Trafford and the Carrington training ground. Avram and Joel would step down from their executive roles, yet retain an inside seat to assess the effectiveness of the Ineos-led overhaul. As a condition of the takeover agreement, it is understood that the pair would be granted options to sell their shares – at a premium to the current bid price – after year one and year two of Ineos' stewardship; or to retain their minority ownership indefinitely.
The Qatari offer is understood to have been approved by both Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani. If successful, United would be placed at the helm of a multi-club network alongside PSG and Sporting Braga. In addition to its ownership of PSG and recently acquired minority stake in Liga Portugal's Braga, Qatar Sports Investments is working on adding further European clubs to its portfolio.

Woziak

They have crippled us with debt and taken enough money out of the club for their own profit, infact they have taken more than they have spent. Enough infact, to have build a new stadium and invested in the infrastructure. They have taken Manchester Uniteds money. Our money, the fans money. How much of their own money have they spent on the club? 0. And that includes buying it. They should never of been allowed to buy us because they cannot afford it! They have ruined us and that’s a fact. Yes they have spent money but it’s united money to buy players with! Them spending it badly shows how clueless they are. That’s all it shows.
All true and all valid, however I’m starting to think that most American owners just don’t get it, especially if they come from owning a sports franchise background, wining is not the most important thing to any of them, no state really dominates the NFL Super Bowl , even the parasites have won it in the last 15 years and 13 different states have with only New England wining multiple times in that period. The most any state has won is 6 in 56 years.

My point is they just don’t get jeopardy, rivalry, they don’t get the English mentality to win at all costs and because their is no promotion, relegation and qualification for European football which increases income opportunities. They try and manage the English football team like a NFL team, we just had the very worst of the worst American owners who unashamedly used Englands biggest club to bankroll them, I wish like every other United fan around the world for them to go completely but if it takes this idea from SJR to truly get control away from them and it’s the only way, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt to prove that he his at his very core as he says a true United Fan, in which case he will pay the debt through his Ineos company, they turn over annually $60bn and can easily absorb our debt.

I want him to produce a mandate about what he’s going to do if he takes control because he’s been more than vague so far. At the very least I want him to turn up for every home and away match, after all he’s a fan, I don’t want him to interfere with ETH but he needs to get best in class as CEO and Director of Football, he may decide to give Arnold and Murtourgh a chance, he might get in others.

His first transfer window will be critical and he needs to come out big. He’ll be judged on these decisions and if he shows the same disdain and incompetence that the Glazers did he will be even more loathed than them.

I really don’t support the notion that with SJR we can’t do big transfers like we would with SJ, both will be governed by FFP and new rules with sustainability, if as he discussed that the debt would be absorbed by Ineos, then he can definitely go spend £300-350m this summer, his overall wealth is greater than Todd Boehly and his company is blue chip with huge net profits, my concern is how terribly he’s run previous football clubs and his lack of surrounding himself with custodians of the club who have a wining culture, like I said I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt because if he’s a die hard red like us , then he wants no expects to win and everyone who works with him needs to share that vision, or he replaces them for people that do. Abrahamovic still managed to win multiple trophies with Chelsea during the City financial onslaught and his wealth is similar to SJR, I’ll take the sesame s couple of CL and s couple of PL titles in the next 6/7 years.

The two Goblins can sit in America for 7 or 8 years never return to old Trafford and wait for their final pay day

cyberman

Gas and oil. The production of which is not good for the planet either so that argument is gone straight away.

So both bidders are bad for the planet and one is a terrible human rights abusing regime.

Next argument.....
No, you asked why they’re so rich and I said gas. They’re the third highest producer of gas in the world, that’s why they’re rich.
You’ve forgotten a few hahahaha in your post there too buddy

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As usual bad faith arguements coming from both sides and y'all can't even see it. Internet discourse is so shit and it's never going to improve which is kinda disheartening.... but it is what it is.

I'm hear watching both sides double down and post utter shite with confidence and some with an air of superiority. There are not many that reside in the middle with decent takes but it's nice to see a few from time to time.

I have a request (some advice). For those posting regularly and arguing in here. Read all your posts in this thread, in chronological order, and look at them from a critical point of view (maybe from the opposing perspective). See the way a lot of your posts have trended towards blind faith and embellishment, and in some cases just lies..... you don't have to post your findings in here but just do it and if you aren't happy with what you see, do something about it.

For example: take a step back and maybe take a break from it and analyse your motivations.... Trust me, self reflection is always a good thing...

Some of your are embarrassing yourselves (which doesn't really matter when in the anonymity of the internet) and compromising your character/ideals/morals/etc (which does matter)...

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
So I take it we don’t know anything at this moment? Likely we’re all hoping Jim Radcliffe is a charlatan and has been brought to squeeze every penny out of Qatari's?

stw2022

Think folks look at somebodies wealth and presume it is all in money. Might be in all sorts of commodities.
Yep. Like i said, assume the figure you read in the papers is massive inflated and the vast majority of the rest is tied up.

Our current owners have a "net worth" of $4bn. So, yeah.

And that's all overlooking the fact Ineos have debt themselves with repayments that are described as "meaningful" kicking in from 2026 under terms of their loan agreement

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The Qatari offer is understood to have been approved by both Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani.
That puts it to bed then, so we can stop pretending Jassim is a ‘private businessman’.
No state-ownership of Manchester United. Hashtag that millennials!!

Tarrou

Musk had to borrow £13bn to be Twitter despite his rumoured net worth and the value of his companies. This idea Ratcliffe can afford to fund £4bn to pay outright for United isn't living in the team world

Man who's "net worth" was $183bn had to borrow heavily to buy an asset for $44bn.

Someone who has a "net worth" of £13bn will definitely have to borrow to buy something anywhere near the £4bn mark

It's absurd to suggest otherwise. Else it's a huge misunderstanding of what 'net worth' actually means. It doesn't mean in the bank. And money tied up in other business likely will stay there. Why would be divest money from Ineos which is far more likely to be far more profitable than we'll ever be
after all this time how can you still not know that SJR isn't using his personal wealth to buy United?

NWRed

Just wait until UEFA formally allows owners to own multiple clubs. I also believe that in 12 months time these idiots will be more desperate

However as said I prefer Elliott to ineos so. .
The current bidders already own other clubs (or have links to them at least) so I don't see what difference that would make, and the Glazers would only become desperate if the situation at the club became more acute, so waiting is premised on degrees of destruction of the clubs status and finances, why you would want that scenario rather than accepting one of the options available now I don't know.

Elliott aren't offering to buy the club themselves, they're offering to fund either the Glazers or someone else (as they did with AC Milan) so they can leech off the club in the future (where else do you think their interest payments are coming from?).

stw2022

after all this time how can you still not know that SJR isn't using his personal wealth to buy United?
He isn't. He also isn't taking the entirety of net profit of a single company for multiple years to pay for it either, especially when that company themselves have considerable debt repayment obligations within the next three years.

He's going to borrow from the banks. It'll be business as usual but with someone slightly better at PR and fan engagement to mask how we feel about higher debt repayments

Posh Red

Here we go again with the baseless propaganda. Do you know how many people die on uk construction sites a year?

Last year 1008 Americans died on construction sites.

Construction is dangerous. It always will be - all effort must be taken to protect people on work sites.

Qatar carried out a LOT of work for the world cup. It was done in a relatively short time too.

It wasn't like it was state sponsored execution of brickies.
Have you read some of the personal accounts of workers for the Qatari World Cup?

IRN-BRUno

Until it actually happens, nobody can really say whether any prospective owner is going to be great or a disaster. At the moment all we really know is that Jassim's PR is far superior to Ratcliffe's. No matter how great Jassim's plans might sound, it doesn't guarantee anything. If it's a bid as an individual, all we have is that a family member made similar promises at Malaga and has run them into the ground. If it's a state bid then you can't rule out becoming a circus like PSG or having some kind of link to them with transfers etc.

None of these sports journalists actually know what's going on anyway, they proved that previously when they all said the bids had gone in when they hadn't. Don't forget that none of them had a clue about the club going up for sale either, that was broken by Sky News' city editor.

Berbaclass

The current bidders already own other clubs (or have links to them at least) so I don't see what difference that would make, and the Glazers would only become desperate if the situation at the club became more acute, so waiting is premised on degrees of destruction of the clubs status and finances, why you would want that scenario rather than accepting one of the options available now I don't know.

Elliott aren't offering to buy the club themselves, they're offering to fund either the Glazers or someone else (as they did with AC Milan) so they can leech off the club in the future (where else do you think they're interest payments are coming from?).
Elliott is not in the running any more people. They are under investigation for fraud.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If a billionaire has time to go watch Chelsea a billionaire has time to make it to Manchester because of his billions.
It’s not us getting trains and busses!
A billionaire won't have the time to go to and from Manchester as a fan :lol:
Its not a money thing obiously.
By partnering with the people who’ve put us in this position? It’s all down to credibility, Ratcliffe doesn’t seem to have much, seems more of an opportunist given he also tried to buy Chelsea. Given how restless the fanbase has been, you don’t think a little positive PR would help and lift the mood around the club? It’s an odd way to buy a business when your main customers don’t know your intentions.
Hes not exactly partnering. Hes buying them out. Them having 20% stake is pretty normal in acquisitions as there is very often an exit strategy planned for the seller.

Tarrou

He isn't. He also isn't taking the entirety of net profit of a single company for multiple years to pay for it either, especially when that company themselves have considerable debt repayment obligations within the next three years.

He's going to borrow from the banks.
yeah, it's generally what companies do when they don't want to sell assets to buy a new one

DownRiver

He doesn’t care for United, he will do anything to increase his ego of controlling future of Man Utd.

He will make promises after the purchase like he did with NICE to make you feel a bit better about yourself. Don’t kid yourself, this is just another play toy for him.

El-Manos

Ratcliffe has bid more for less of a stake. Not really difficult in that scenario.
I don’t care who’s the new owner providing they invest in the club, stadium and clear some of that debt. Will Ratcliffe do that? I highly doubt it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That puts it to bed then, so we can stop pretending Jassim is a ‘private businessman’.
No state-ownership of Manchester United. Hashtag that millennials!!
It was always known that any deal that is this big, something that has global repercussions will always need the Emir's blessing. Nothing new here.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No, you asked why they’re so rich and I said gas. They’re the third highest producer of gas in the world, that’s why they’re rich.
You’ve forgotten a few hahahaha in your post there too buddy
Yeah and that's not good for the planet either. That was the point mate. They also produce a lot of oil as well mate.

Just be honest about your intentions and stop hiding behind this greenwashing. You want Qatar because they are filthy rich and don't care about profits.

I'd have more respect for people who just came out and said it Instead of trying to hide behind a global company who have to comply with regulations and ethics unlike Qatar.

It's cowardly. Just come out and say I don't care about Qataris and migrant workers over there. I only care about United.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Like Harry Stamper, Jassim will push the button and raise the bid before the INEOasteroid hits us.
I still think this might be the case too.

It's been a PR disaster all round so far. Nobody has come out of this well.

clarkydaz

Duncan Castles article
As a condition of the takeover agreement, it is understood that the pair would be granted options to sell their shares – at a premium to the current bid price – after year one and year two of Ineos' stewardship; or to retain their minority ownership indefinitely.

feck off with that

Berbaclass

As a condition of the takeover agreement, it is understood that the pair would be granted options to sell their shares – at a premium to the current bid price – after year one and year two of Ineos' stewardship; or to retain their minority ownership indefinitely.

feck off with that
Leeches continue to prosper and profit from us. Yeah, me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.