Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY65

I agree. Which makes you wonder why they did that. I think that we can all agree that Qatar has money
It's definitely surprising, I thought eventually they would just make an offer that would blow INEOS out of the water and force the Glazer's hands. It's possible that they still will now they know approximately to what INEOS' best offer amounts.

But what was they supposed to do? they could have put together a half assed bid like Jim but they want the club to be a success. They could turn round this afternoon and say ok we're buying the club but will keep the debt and that would be pointless for all involved

Feck the debt, feck the stadium but we'll buy the club? who on earth is going to lay down 5-6B in those conditions it's absurd
It's a state bid, the resources available to them are pretty much unlimited and yet as far as we are aware they've thus far offered less per share than INEOS. Those promises unless they actually make an offer that convinces the Glazer's to sell are worthless. To take it to an extreme someone could offer £10 for the club and promise to invest £3 billion in the stadium and the club, that isn't going to be accepted.

alanjohnson

With the potential of monetised vr/holographic technology (which would p**** all over current tv revenue) what do you think the net worth of top clubs would be? We're 10 years away from that.
I imagine the glazers and ineos all want a share of a bigger pie and only care about surviving or remaining relevant enough for us to get there without folding.
I also expect ineos to sell OT naming rights.

I dont care what they call it. Like the AO arena/MEN/nynex...makes no difference.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This is what has been reported by sports journalists whereas Bloomberg have said it all goes to the Glazer’s, it’s only the Glazer’s shares that are for sale which is 69% and which is being bid for.

It was reported months ago that the plan was to buy the other 31% afterwards, if they valued the club at £5 billion then they’d bid 69% of £5 billion to purchase the Glazer’s shares of the club and we’d be hearing of £3.5 billion being the bid.

This whole 100% of the club is simply meaning that they want to buy the whole club but they can’t buy more than 69% when the Glazer’s don’t own 100% of the club therefore can’t sell 100% of the club.
The 5 billion bid/figure is the enterprise value

VWW

SJR with his bid of including the Glazers has only put the RAT back in RATcliffe

Giggsyking

If I had the money, and Man Utd wasn't for sale, I'd probably buy Palace yeah. Why the feck would a rich person who loves football not want to buy a football team?

Ratcliff has made pursuits of Manchester United even when it wasn't for sale by the way.
Yeah. It tells the difference between you and other supporters of the club. If I had money, I would never buy another club other than the one I love, ie Man utd. I dont believe he is a united supporter.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Well yeah my initial post stated that it suits everybody but the club it seems

One guy is willing to pay for the club in full and clear the debt/build a stadium

One guy is buying 50% and keeping the Glazers on. The amount of debt that will be made to do this purchase is yet to be seen but I bet it's eye watering. And before we get the 'INEOS will pay the debt' Will they feck. Theres upwards of £600m of debt at the moment and he will borrow to purchase the club. It's not going to sink billions of debt on INEOS for a 50% stake in the club thats for sure
Going by the recent reports the correct way to put it is -

One ‘guy’ wants to buy the club in full and clear the debt/build a stadium. But…he is offering the current owners less than another guy.

Castia

It's definitely surprising, I thought eventually they would just make an offer that would blow INEOS out of the water and force the Glazer's hands. It's possible that they still will now they know approximately to what INEOS' best offer amounts.

It's a state bid, the resources available to them are pretty much unlimited and yet as far as we are aware they've thus far offered less per share than INEOS. Those promises unless they actually make an offer that convinces the Glazer's to sell are worthless. To take it to an extreme someone could offer £10 for the club and promise to invest £3 billion in the stadium and the club, that isn't going to be accepted.
Well thats the issue. The glazers want 6B for the club and then it needs afurther 2B investment on debt and stadium before we even look to buy a player. There was 1 person on the planet willing to get somewhat near that bid but they're not stupid they wont throw money away.

Greedy cnuts get what they always wanted to stay on. Under their terms it will never be sold.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
What are the facts?
The facts as we know them to date (which may be subject to change).

All this Ratcliffe is a RAT; he’s exploiting loopholes, is keeping the Glazer’s on stuff is ridiculous nonsense.

Castia

Going by the recent reports the correct way to put it is -

One ‘guy’ wants to buy the club in full and clear the debt/build a stadium. But…he is offering the current owners less than another guy.
Yeah exactly. Another way to put it is one guy is willing to spend around 7b whilst the other is borrowing money and keeping the leaches on.

If the current owners had any care what so ever for the club then Qatar would be in but they couldn't give a feck so here we are

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
One way to look at this is that Ratcliffe only has a chance because the Glazers don't care about the future of the club.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ratcliffe gets the club and then we'll have no budget for investment. Top reds are happy though. GlazersOut has been forgotten

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This is what has been reported by sports journalists whereas Bloomberg have said it all goes to the Glazer’s, it’s only the Glazer’s shares that are for sale which is 69% and which is being bid for.

It was reported months ago that the plan was to buy the other 31% afterwards, if they valued the club at £5 billion then they’d bid 69% of £5 billion to purchase the Glazer’s shares of the club and we’d be hearing of £3.5 billion being the bid.

This whole 100% of the club is simply meaning that they want to buy the whole club but they can’t buy more than 69% when the Glazer’s don’t own 100% of the club therefore can’t sell 100% of the club.
That’s what I said?!

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah exactly. Another way to put it is one guy is willing to spend around 7b whilst the other is borrowing money and keeping the leaches on.

If the current owners had any care what so ever for the club then Qatar would be in but they couldn't give a feck so here we are
2 of the leeches have a desire to stay on. That’s got nothing to do with any of the bidders.

Marcelinho87

Ratcliffe gets the club and then we'll have no budget for investment. Top reds are happy though. GlazersOut has been forgotten
How can you say this with absolute certainty?

Nobody on this forum has a clue what is what and yet preach as though it's gospel.

AFC NimbleThumb

Exactly. I genuinely do not get vocal elements of this fanbase. How anyone can claim Glazers keeping any stake is good enough is beyond me.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
How can you say this with absolute certainty?

Nobody on this forum has a clue what is what and yet preach as though it's gospel.
It's my opinion, I'm not presenting it as fact.

Why didn't Ratcliffe buy the whole club if not though?

I do have to laugh at people shitting on Qatar not overpaying. That just says they want to make money out of United even if they are happy to commit huge investment. Meanwhile, all the accusations all along have been that it's about state PR with Qatar and they don't care about money and how our success under them would be empty.

One can almost touch the hypocrisy.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

No businessman is going to leave hundreds of millions on the table in a deal like this out of the goodness of their hearts. Besides, 4 of the 6 Glazers have never even pretended to give a shit about the club or football - to them, it's just an inheritance they want to cash in on. Of course they're going to have zero hesitation about selling to the highest bidder.

owlo

The facts as we know them to date (which may be subject to change).

All this Ratcliffe is a RAT; he’s exploiting loopholes, is keeping the Glazer’s on stuff is ridiculous nonsense.
These are facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.