Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostcauz

If Joel and Avram want to stay then there’s no amount that SJ can offer them to make them go. That’s probably why they prefer Ratcliff, because he made them an offer to keep them at the club.
So why haven’t they entered into exclusive negotiations with Ineos?
If they truly want to continue to own a portion of the club and only one bid features that then surely they only talk to them and look to close a agreement.

SJ gets another chance to make a offer, does Ineos then get to make another offer?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If they truly want to continue to own a portion of the club and only one bid features that then surely they only talk to them and look to close a agreement.

SJ gets another chance to make a offer, does Ineos then get to make another offer?
Bingo. Qatar just hasn't bid enough yet.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Silly thought, but I wonder if the Qataris upset the Glazers more than we think when they had their knuckles rapped by Raine for the ‘former glories’ statement. Maybe the glazers really have no intention of doing business with them at any price?!
Yeah the Glazers definitely put that sort of pettiness ahead of earning billions. Thanks for your insights.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Anyone else think that the Times article suggested that the Glazers want to be bought out fully. I sort of read it as Ratcliffe is the preferred bidder unless Qatar gives us what we want.
That's always been the case. They will sell to the highest bidder.

This idea that the Glazers want to stay is not true. If Qatar offered more they'd take it now for sure.

Ultimately if Qatar don't get their hands on the club then that's on them nobody else. They know what they have to do.

All the talk is they have lost the race now though. I know you're not happy but I certainly am. We get to lose the Glazers as having control and don't have to sell out to be sportswashers. It's win win for me

Ralph1386

If SJ doesn’t make them that offer to stay now then what you say is exactly what’s going to happen. They’re playing the bidders against each other to get the best possible offer in the end : they get to stay + they get the most amount of money possible.

JagUTD

Silly thought, but I wonder if the Qataris upset the Glazers more than we think when they had their knuckles rapped by Raine for the ‘former glories’ statement. Maybe the glazers really have no intention of doing business with them at any price?!
Honestly, I think it's a simple case of them not being able to prove the source of the funds without admitting it's the State behind it and not Jassim. After all the bravado early on, as soon as it came out Raine would be seeking proof of funds, Qatar went quiet.

It's only my opinion but I'm connecting the dots and everything adds up.

Berbaclass

That's always been the case. They will sell to the highest bidder.

This idea that the Glazers want to stay is not true. If Qatar offered more they'd take it now for sure.

Ultimately if Qatar don't get their hands on the club then that's on them nobody else. They know what they have to do.

All the talk is they have lost the race now though. I know you're not happy but I certainly am. We get to lose the Glazers as having control and don't have to sell out to be sportswashers. It's win win for me
We agree for once then :lol:

I'm not unhappy. I may be a little disappointed but I made peace that it will be one of the two. Whatever happens, happens...

Kwaj7

The Washington Commanders NFL team (not a massively followed team as far as I can tell) has just sold for £4.8bn.

Maybe 5bn ish for United is under valuing the club after all? It’ll give the Glazers ammunition to get the 2 to up their bid.

mu4c_20le

To give Qatar a chance to match Ratcliffe's offer?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Honestly, I think it's a simple case of them not being able to prove the source of the funds without admitting it's the State behind it and not Jassim. After all the bravado early on, as soon as it came out Raine would be seeking proof of funds, Qatar went quiet.

It's only my opinion but I'm connecting the dots and everything adds up.
Could be. It was certainly about the same time all the noise died down.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We agree for once then :lol:

I'm not unhappy. I may be a little disappointed but I made peace that it will be one of the two. Whatever happens, happens...
And nobody knows who will be better for us.

Sir Jim does have more experience in sport though. Cycling and football and I'm sure he's got money in F1 too.

I won't stop being a red either way. Will just be happier if we don't have to back up that awful regime.

jm99

I still don't buy it, if he's truly a front for the Qatari government, his dad likely has enough money to pay for us, and the emir would just tell his dad to do it, he might reimburse him off state funds or whatever, or they'd just get financing from any number of banks that they work with and pay it back with state funds, source of financing is going to be a non issue, unless jassim is genuinely a private investor, in which case you wouldn't think he'd be able to buy us

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We all know there's nobody in Qatar who was that kind of wealth outside the ruling family and state.

You'd have be worth tens of billions to be able to spend 6bn on the club and a further 2-3bn on the infrastructure. Nobody is going to invest every last bit of money they have on a football club either. Exactly why Jim isn't as both of us have pointed out too.

If Qatar aren't being honest now that hardly sets the bar high does it?

lostcauz

To give Qatar a chance to match Ratcliffe's offer?
That only makes sense if Ineos have made a offer to buy all the Glazers out.
If the two brothers want to stay then the negotiations should be exclusive to Ineos now.

JagUTD

I still don't buy it, if he's truly a front for the Qatari government, his dad likely has enough money to pay for us, and the emir would just tell his dad to do it, he might reimburse him off state funds or whatever, or they'd just get financing from any number of banks that they work with and pay it back with state funds, source of financing is going to be a non issue, unless jassim is genuinely a private investor, in which case you wouldn't think he'd be able to buy us
We will probably never know either way.

On Jassim getting finance from banks to buy the club, I wonder how that would be received.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We'd be sponsored by Qatar airlines within a few months. Don't be so naive.

We'd have visit Doha banners everywhere too.

Of course this is a state bid. Exactly same as PSG. It's all part of their plan. To gain favour from the west and attract people to Doha without having to change their appalling practices.

Ted Lasso

As opposed to you lot, who think we're doomed never to compete for anything again and that Ratcliffe will be "just as bad if not worse than the Glazers" on the basis of absolutely sweet feck all?
Sweet feck all like his tenure owning another football club.

Highly recommend you search and read up on Nice Football Club under Ratcliff. It's grim.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

Highly recommend you search and read up on Nice Football Club under Ratcliff
. It's grim.
Haven't heard anything about this, what's the deal?

Plant0x84

I may have the wrong idea here, but I’m not sure Jassims dad gets along with the current Emir. He was close to the previous guy, but stepped down suddenly as prime minister when the Emir changed.
I’m not sure they would interact like that.

JagUTD

Highly recommend you search and read up on Nice Football Club under Ratcliff. It's grim.
Is it?

Tell us more. Presumably there's discontent from fans players and beyond?

Berbaclass

I may have the wrong idea here, but I’m not sure Jassims dad gets along with the current Emir. He was close to the previous guy, but stepped down suddenly as prime minister when the Emir changed.
It's not Eastenders mate. It's business :)

mu4c_20le

That only makes sense if Ineos have made a offer to buy all the Glazers out.
If the two brothers want to stay then the negotiations should be exclusive to Ineos now.
While I don't necessarily agree with the original poster about how the glazers won't accept any total buyout, them leaving the door open for a final Qatar offer could simply be waiting for one with favourable terms that allow them to stay on in some capacity, just like SJR's.

jm99

Of course this is a state bid. Exactly same as PSG. It's all part of their plan. To gain favour from the west and attract people to Doha without having to change their appalling practices.
Well yes, that's my assumption, which is why id think proving source of funds would be relatively easy, jassim could easily get financing from Qatari banks, or his father likely has significant wealth which the emir could make him use, and pay him back using state funds etc.

Again as I mentioned earlier, even if tomorrow Qatar's rulers passed a law allowing lgbt rights, the population wouldn't go along with it, its a religious country and when we were a religious country things were far less tolerant. Its easy to forget that only a decade ago, the majority of the Conservative party voted against gay marriage, things have developed very quickly here. I said mu feeling is that closer cultural ties to the west will gradually improve things in these countries, you obviously feel that making them international pariahs until they accept our values (apart from when we buy oil and gas from them) will improve things for them, even though the population wouldn't accept the changes, or the religious elders no matter what the rulers did

Plant0x84

Welcome to Doha Trafford.

Berbaclass

While I don't necessarily agree with the original poster about how the glazers won't accept any total buyout, them leaving the door open for a final Qatar offer could simply be waiting for one with favourable terms that allow them to stay on in some capacity, just like SJR's.
Qatar will not allow them to stay in any capacity. Not a chance.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Sheikh Jassim has what experience in football and Sport???

He was the head of a Qatari bank largely because of who is father is.

He's got no experience for this sort of thing. At least Jim has experience in football and of course cycling.

jm99

I'm pretty sure in Qatar if the emir told him to do something, he probably wouldn't have much of an option, it would be like a billionaire in Russia telling putin no. Bt regardless what I was saying is that if it is a state backed bid, which it certainly appears to be, I can't imagine any issue with proving a source of funds, he could get financing from the state bank, or just falsify paperwork to make jassim seem more wealthy than he is, I really can't see that being a stumbling block, if he is the front man for a state bid

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Qatar could easily match Jim's bid and they'd still have nobody to answer to including the Glazers.

They'd own enough of the club to do as they please.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm pretty sure in Qatar if the emir told him to do something, he probably wouldn't have much of an option, it would be like a billionaire in Russia telling putin no. Bt regardless what I was saying is that if it is a state backed bid, which it certainly appears to be, I can't imagine any issue with proving a source of funds, he could get financing from the state bank, or just falsify paperwork to make jassim seem more wealthy than he is, I really can't see that being a stumbling block, if he is the front man for a state bid
Falsifying paperwork and we haven't even got going with the club yet.

Do we really want people who do this sort of thing and obviously much worse on top being associated with this great football club?

mu4c_20le

The truth is, we don't really know what they are thinking, or what they would do when push comes to shove. In any case, Jassim has the weekend to decide how much he truly loves us...

jm99

Falsifying paperwork and we haven't even got going with the club yet.

Do we really want people who do this sort of thing and obviously much worse on top being associated with this great football club?
I mean that's only if you have an issue with state ownership, personally I'd rather it wasn't in the game, but since it's already happened with psg, City and Newcastle, trying to stop it now is like locking the barn door after the horse has bolted

Status
Not open for further replies.