Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

van Nistelrooy

Imagine this going on much longer, only for Ratcliffe to win and still keep the Glazers on board.

Though to think of it, how many times have the Glazers decided to hold back investment in the transfer market, only to give in and spend close to deadline day. Last season comes to mind with Casemiro following the Brentford hammering.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Isn't Edwin Van Der Sar hated by Ajax fans and he has a connection with Ajax. It is a connumdrum. Thing is the second option the club could go into decline pretty quickly. Running a big club like this requires constant CL football. Also we have a big fan base, but don't kid yourself that will soon disappear if we become seriously average for a long period.
Fair points really.

I suppose my main argument is that none of these models guarantee success.

Qatar is seen by many as the only option for future glory. That is just nonsense.

City are a well-run club and will have continued success for a number of years. I do think they are having a golden era now with Pep and their current crop of players and they will fall off in some time.

There's no guarantee selling our souls to Qatar will beget the same results for us - it hasn't worked for other clubs. It hasn't worked for PSG. We have spent more than City has and are still shite. Money has not been the issue, so why sell our souls for it?
Yes. This sums it up for me.

Strootman's Finger

Imagine this going on much longer, only for Ratcliffe to win and still keep the Glazers on board.

Though to think of it, how many times have the Glazers decided to hold back investment in the transfer market, only to give in and spend close to deadline day. Last season comes to mind with Casemiro following the Brentford hammering.
And then imagine half the fanbase wants that.

Acquire Me

My spidey sense tells me this will be wrapped by the end of next week. Wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow. The transfer deadline and end of the season is sort of a cliff. And i'm not sure how much dealings and discussion are necessary so as to go off the cliff.
Tomorrow is a great day.

Telsim

I'm now curious as to what you think tied foreign fans to United.
First and foremost, continuous exposure to the club early on in their lives, generated by successful performances on the biggest stage and the buzz around it. For countries not commonly represented in top flight football, perhaps a national player being transferred to that club. Also, tours in foreign countries.

George The Best

The raine group asked for full club valuation, it’s widely reported and most fans made the mistake your now making that we believed the bid was only for their shares, even Gary Neville got called out on Twitter when he said the Glazer siblings want £1bn each, there is no way either SJR or SJ value the Glazer 69% shares at £5bn or £4.8bn that would make the club market cap at £6.8bn to £7.2/$9bn nearly three times the current $3.09bn market cap listed today on the NYSE, that means SJR and SJ are offering $57-60 per share just think about that for one moment. You are right about a premium paid for the B shares to the A shares but if you file for full sale like SJ you need to offer a premium to remove the A list shares and delist the company from NYSE, plus settle the clubs debt, there is disinformation agreed but there is no way on earth SJ or SJR is paying £4.8-5.2bn just for the Glazers shares, certainly not at $60 per share, ludicrous!
But SJ is not filing for full share. He has said he will make an offer on the NYSE later, which is right and proper. The bid can only be for their shares, they have nothing else to sell. You are making the mistake that an offer for the 69% Glazer shares automatically inflates the market cap of the other 31% by the same proportion. It doesn’t. At today’s prices those 31% shares would probably sell for an offer north of $25. We have no idea if the bids reported are true - but - if SJ has offered £4.8bn for the Glazers stake that’s $6bn and close to what they were looking for.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
PSG have been just as succesful as city arguably apart from this season. People talk like theyve been portsmouth.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not a chance in hell it would just be our usual Summer Window with outlay of 100 m or even more depending on sales . Just because Club is on sale doesn't mean everything would come to stand still .
Incorrect. We are skint.

Strootman's Finger

Anyway the Glazers not spending surely indicates that they're selling to either Ratcliffe or Jassim.
That's actually a good point that isn't mentioned much. But you are absolutely right, if Joel and Avram intend to be here and increase the value than they would want to sort this out and not have it affect the transfer market and the future value of the club.

Telsim

Gotta give it to us foreigners though. We were hooked on glory, but didn't jump ship. We're still here, suffering with the rest of you lot.
I personally know a couple of people who have no connection to the club or the city, but started following the club during the glory of the 00s. Some are just casual fans, but others are very passionate to this day. So yeah, suffer well. :lol:

Woziak

But SJ is not filing for full share. He has said he will make an offer on the NYSE later, which is right and proper. The bid can only be for their shares, they have nothing else to sell. You are making the mistake that an offer for the 69% Glazer shares automatically inflates the market cap of the other 31% by the same proportion. It doesn’t. At today’s prices those 31% shares would probably sell for an offer north of $25. We have no idea if the bids reported are true - but - if SJ has offered £4.8bn for the Glazers stake that’s $6bn and close to what they were looking for.
We agree on we have no idea of the actual bids because there is Non Disclosure Agreement between all parties , It’s widely reported across all the media and this thread as well that the valuation was asked for 100% value of the club where the 69% would then calculated back from that or in SJR case scenario two 50.01% where there is a link earlier from a post on this thread saying that was for $3bn not £3bn. This indicates that currently $4.2-$4.4bn is the bid to buy 69% of the controlling shares, if you can’t find it in the thread I’ll post it again but it’s behind a telegraph pay wall.

The bids are only for their B shares but The Glazers own about another 1.5% in A shares so a full bid would affect those shares when SJ instructed the NYSE that he intends to buy the remainder of the 31% and delist the company, the advantage for the Glazers right now are that they are in complete control of the process, because the company is registered in the Cayman Islands, a payment of 69% of the £4.8bm bid with the additional A shares could be £3.384bn or $4.27bn now and more importantly no capital gains tax as the company is registered in a tax free haven, imagine SJR does the layered buy out deal with them and he changes the registered offices to the UK or another Country and then capital gains tax is now required, these are the risks that Avram and Joel would be taking with SJR offer, just one of many?

The A shares are not as highly valued but Qatar are offering a similar premium which is why the Stock market was more excited by the pendulum swinging towards him rather than SJR, this where we had $27 high earlier in year when he was rumoured to be the nailed on favourite.

SJR could offer a premium for voting B shares and leave the A shares in limbo, the market could collapse and shares fall to $13-14 then Ineos could buy the other 31% for less than $600m, this is why SJ bid is favoured far more than SJR by the city it less risk and more reward.

I repeat if SJ or SJR have offered £5bn for The Glazer controlling shares the deal would be signed already.

George The Best

I’ll lay my cards on the table. I’m 55/45 pro Qatar because of their commitment to remove debt and invest. Not that I’m massively against Ineos, anything is better than the Glazer’s. To those doubters about Qatar I’d just ask you to think of this. When people are planning to shop in Harrod’s, or visit the Shard, or stay at Claridges do they think feck that as they are owned by Qatar? Of course they don’t, it’s irrelevant to their experience of visiting one of these places. The same would be mainly true for Utd. Old Trafford would still be packed every match day despite who owns us - the Glazer’s have themselves proven that. United will still be one of, if not the, most popular clubs in the world.

Just want this saga over for whoever gets the privilege to own this fantastic club.

Status
Not open for further replies.