Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
"I am fully convinced that we will be innocent," Guardiola responded when asked.

"Since Abu Dhabi took over the club, it has been like that since day one."
He said that a month after your allegation, so that can't be your proof.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
"I am fully convinced that we will be innocent," Guardiola responded when asked.

"Since Abu Dhabi took over the club, it has been like that since day one."
Short for Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment, the private equity company that is very clear it is separate from the Abu Dhabi government.

ShinjiNinja26

It would be irritating, but the transfer window is not the most important thing - getting rid of the Glazers is the most important thing. Even if it takes until September, it will be worth it if they are gone.
True, getting rid of them is the most important thing here but it’s just very frustrating the fact we could’ve had them gone and a properly planned transfer window if these cnuts weren’t faffing about constantly.

Water Melon

Are the match-going fans really not allowed not display anti-Glazer posters at the Old Trafford? If so, is such a ban legal?

Laurencio

True, getting rid of them is the most important thing here but it’s just very frustrating the fact we could’ve had them gone and a properly planned transfer window if these cnuts weren’t faffing about constantly.
The longest Q1 ever.

JagUTD

Yep.

So if we make the leap and imagine it isn't a State backed bid, but Jassim asks his dad to provide the finance, his dad the renowned investor, what's the chances Papa Jassim is going to want a return on his investment?

Quite high I'd imagine.

His dad has said he isn't a fan of investing in football clubs anyway so chances are, he wouldn't be funding it anyway. Which brings us back round to "where's the money coming from"?

Remaining options are

A. The State
B. The Bank

DOTA

Are the match-going fans really not allowed not display anti-Glazer posters at the Old Trafford? If so, is such a ban legal?
Not sure why it wouldn't be legal, it's not unusual to control what messages people can display in your place of business.

Infra-red

Agreed. Everyone is frustrated and everyone hates the Glazers. I'd gladly take no transfers at all this summer if it came with a guarantee that they fecked off at the end of it - I'm sure every United fans feels the same.

Thankfully, it won't come to that - despite what Ornstein has apparently said on some YouTube channel, the club have a £300m credit facility which can be used for transfers this summer. As part of the sale process, the Glazers will have disclosed forecasts for the forthcoming financial year, which will have included projected spend this transfer window. I am sure that Arnold/Murtough et al will have been given instructions by the Glazers to continue with "business as usual" until told otherwise/a sale goes through.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Not sure why it wouldn't be legal, it's not unusual to control what messages people can display in your place of business.
Then again, inside the stadium is private not public, so technically they could ban anti-glazer messages

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Agreed. Everyone is frustrated and everyone hates the Glazers. I'd gladly take no transfers at all this summer if it came with a guarantee that they fecked off at the end of it - I'm sure every United fans feels the same.

Thankfully, it won't come to that - despite what Ornstein has apparently said on some YouTube channel, the club have a £300m credit facility which can be used for transfers this summer. As part of the sale process, the Glazers will have disclosed forecasts for the forthcoming financial year, which will included projected spend this transfer window. I am sure that Arnold et al will have been given instructions by the Glazers to continue with "business as usual" until told otherwise/a sale goes through.
As much as I dislike Simon Jordan talking over everyone on Talksport this is the one thing he knows about - football club finances - and he's sure if the sale happens to whoever or not then the transfer targets this summer are already in place and won't be altered to the detriment of the team.

RedDevilUnited369

Do you have the same connection with United as you do with that shop in Harrods, or visit the Shard, or stay at Claridges?
So…you can pick and choose when to uphold your morals based on your personal connection with companies and enterprises?

hp88

Maybe those primarily concerned with Qatari morals will come to view their ownership as an opportunity. Demonstrate against them, make banners, lots of chants, have rallies on match days. I would prefer if they waited until we got the new ground and facilities personally, but they could kick off on day one if they wanted.
Not sure on what the dIvide in opinions is like but most of the poeple I have spoken to around me are pro Qatar but that doesn't mean they're against SJR, I think the average match going supporter will just carry on following the club regardless of who takes over but I do get the feeling that those who are against Qatar feel more stronger about it than those against SJR.

hp88

Bit of a grey area, there was an issue in the past home and away as our stewards are known for confiscating flags but TRA covered in Anti-Glazer stuff stuff so they have eithe relaxed things or given up all together.

Member 101269

So he's a lesser royal then? I'm sure I read somewhere he's in that family and his dad was active in PSG.
The Al-Thani house has thousands of relatives.

Yep.

So if we make the leap and imagine it isn't a State backed bid, but Jassim asks his dad to provide the finance, his dad the renowned investor, what's the chances Papa Jassim is going to want a return on his investment?

Quite high I'd imagine.

His dad has said he isn't a fan of investing in football clubs anyway so chances are, he wouldn't be funding it anyway. Which brings us back round to "where's the money coming from"?

Remaining options are

A. The State
B. The Bank
I'll correct your post::

So let's acknowledge there is no evidence it's a state bid, the leap of imagination is @JagUTD 's that it's a state bid. Jassim's dad HBJ is alleged to be a renowned investor. How you separate QIA investment from personal investment and wealth isn't clear.

HJB stated (through interpretation) he isn't a fan of marketing investments, the bid from Jassim is Jassim's investment, but he (HBJ) could still invest anyway. Jassim's funds, whether through a trust, earnt or otherwise isn't clear. Like most, it's reasonable to assume there are many options, as there are for many businesses.

George The Best

Do you have the same connection with United as you do with that shop in Harrods, or visit the Shard, or stay at Claridges?
I have a stronger connection with Utd as I never visit the places mentioned. I just really don’t care now who owns us as long as it’s not the Glazer’s.

Amsterdam Devil

It’s so nice from everybody that we repeat everything every 50 pages or so, nobody can miss anything that way.

Amarsdd

So…you can pick and choose when to uphold your morals based on your personal connection with companies and enterprises?
I don't see United as just a company or an enterprise. And yeah, no sh!t! Wouldn't you care more about what your friends and family do than a random stranger?

Amarsdd

I have a stronger connection with Utd as I never visit the places mentioned. I just really don’t care now who owns us as long as it’s not the Glazer’s.
Yeah, I see no problem if you don't care who the owner is. Its just the analogy you made is not a good one and has been rehashed again and again in this thread.

George The Best

Yeah, I see no problem if you don't care who the owner is. Its just the analogy you made is not a good one and has been rehashed again and again in this thread.
Has it? Give it a few months after the sale and the divide between Ineos and Qatar will be mostly forgotten. Not by all, and that is their right.

RedDevilUnited369

I don't see United as just a company or an enterprise. And yeah, no sh!t! Wouldn't you care more about what your friends and family do than a random stranger?

I have a whole response drafted but I would rather this thread was about the sale over peoples morals.

It’s clear I would prefer Qatar to take us on. But I would 100% back SJR if he goes with his initial offer and ALL the Glazers leave.

However, I know deep down SJR will likely be many years of the same as the Glazers ownership.

Last edited:

cyberman

I don’t live in London if that’s what you mean.
No, I’m saying, for a lot of people I suppose, this argument doesn’t stack up because a lot of people use Middle Eastern backed enterprises at home. Of course they have a connection, it’s aspects of where they live.
It’s a lazy argument imo. There’s also the vastly unhealthy aspect of living through the club which should be addressed as well.

Amarsdd

I have a whole response drafted but I would rather this thread was about the sale over peoples morals.

It’s clear I would prefer Qatar to take us on. But I would 100% back SJR if he goes with his initial offer and ALL the Glazers leave.

However, I know deep down SJR will likely be many years of the same as the Glazers ownership.
No need for a massive response. Like I said to the other poster, I don't mind if you don't care who the owner, their morals etc etc. I was just pointing out the original analogy was a bad and tedious one.
And however, I think deep down both will be much more successful than the Glazers and both of their successes or failures won't be down to how much money they can spend rather down to who they employ. Both have the financial resources to employ the best in the business.

RedDevilUnited369

No need for a massive response. Like I said to the other poster, I don't mind if you don't care who the owner, their morals etc etc. I was just pointing out the original analogy was a bad and tedious one.
And however, I think deep down both will be much more successful than the Glazers and both of their successes or failures won't be down to how much money they can spend rather down to who they employ. Both have the financial resources to employ the best in the business.
I think the incentive for Qatar to succeed is greater considering the rivalry that will form between Abu Dhabi and the Saudis.

Lest we forget, the PL have already allowed the other two to compete…the precedent has already been set.

We need to enter the race.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Have I missed something? Are the Qataris bidding for us responsible for these blokes being in prison?
According to Caf sources, it's a state bid. According to the same sources, it's not a state bid because they are not willing to go to the Glazers' number.

dacore

I have no idea (duh) but would Jassim really let the club slip through his fingers for a couple of hundred million? Of course it´s a lot of money but the latest bid is still several billions. What are we talking, like 5% extra?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Then again, inside the stadium is private not public, so technically they could ban anti-glazer messages
What on earth are you all on about?

There are antiGlazer banners at Old Trafford every match

DOTA

What on earth are you all on about?

There are antiGlazer banners at Old Trafford every match

Whether or not they can legally try and stop it. Far as I'm aware they can, they just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.