Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

Well, when City finally win it's 11th title in a row and bayern up the league, I'll still have the moral high ground.

Also, I have a clip of that Rooney assist-to RvP volley I'll be able to show my kids about the good times, so whatever.
:lol:

Rolaholic

Well, when City finally win it's 11th title in a row and bayern up the league, I'll still have the moral high ground.

Also, I have a clip of that Rooney assist-to RvP volley I'll be able to show my kids about the good times, so whatever.
No worry, plucky upstarts Newcastle should have a say in the middle of the Citeh led dominance

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

You'll also be able to come on the Caf and proudly post in the thread about winning the CL 20, 25, 30 years ago.

And as an added bonus, we can start this year with a 10-year anniversary, since we last won the league and keep it going.

The possibilities of becoming and bettering Arsenal are limitless.

croadyman

So is Friday actually a soft deadline yet again rather than them saying we are out then. Think it needs to be a hard one to show they aren't pissing around anymore

TheGodsInRed

Has anyone in the British media apart from Keegan actually talked up Jassim's chances
Why would they? They were already losing and have seemingly offered another bid which is lower (per share) than Ineos. Unless Glazers need all of the money now, they will take the Ineos offer, get the big lump sum now for 51%, and take their remaining 18% out later. I would do the same in their position tbh.

Rooney24

Looking very much like this is done.

Im not against Ratcliffe altogether. I am very much against Ratcliffe and the Glazers even if they relinquish control and are only minority shareholders.

I was very much looking forward to having them completely erased from the club entirely. I’m not completely convinced that this is a stepping stone to getting rid of them in a few years either. Lots of shit economically can happen in the next 3/4 years that could blow that idea to bits.

JagUTD

You are delusional if you think that someone with 51% of shares makes ALL decisions. Glazers will not run a club but as bigger shareholders they will be asked about some things.
Erm, they do. Especially when 31% of the shareholders have basically no say leaving just 18% of other class B share holders...

51% is actually 74% of what matters. One of the many, many things conveniently ignored by the pro Qataris.

welshmanc75

With SJR reportedly having multiple offers on the table. Which one do we think is likely to be the one accepted (should he win)?

• Full 69% of Glazers share
  • 50.1% with Joel and Avram holding approx 18% between them
  • 50.1% with all 6 Glazers holding approx 18% between them

the_cliff

With SJR reportedly having multiple offers on the table. Which one do we think is likely to be the one accepted (should he win)?

• Full 69% of Glazers share
  • 50.1% with Joel and Avram holding approx 18% between them
  • 50.1% with all 6 Glazers holding approx 18% between them
2nd one.

croadyman

Why would they? They were already losing and have seemingly offered another bid which is lower (per share) than Ineos. Unless Glazers need all of the money now, they will take the Ineos offer, get the big lump sum now for 51%, and take their remaining 18% out later. I would do the same in their position tbh.
Like @Pexbo said the only thing left for them to try is to request exclusivity and be willing to negotiate further to reach asking price

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
My breakdown on twitter:

More or less confirms what we have been discussing the last days with the numbers adding up. Definitely room for misinformation or stuff being lost in translation -- but if the information from Le Equipe and Jacobs are correct, the latest offer from 9-2 just doesn't seem to be very competitive. I would have liked to see it pressure Ineos more.

saivet

INEOS offering very little more, but over 3 years. SJ is offering to pay everything now.
Isn't that just INEO being flexible in the case the Glazers want to stay, rather than it being a fixed proposal? If the Glazers want to sell up then the Ineos bid had been reported that they will buy out their 69%

samlee86

People think Sir Jim is some saint. His plan will be to hold United for a few years then sell it on the the Saudis or Qataris for a nice profit. All the while messing around with ETH‘s project.

If the PGA has taught us anything is that everyone has a price and all those people who claim to have “morals” are just playing to the public.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Yep! Looking forward to the good times

Teja

I think this is why the PL is finally taking action. The only thing they care about is the attractiveness of the product - no other moral considerations beyond that. If it's City every year, it's bad for viewership.

I'm convinced that they'll knock City down a couple of pegs, not because they're corrupt or that they're against the idea of state ownership and all of the sleazy tricks they employ but just because they want the PL to be an interesting league.

Liverpool's fall has probably convinced them that even very well run traditional clubs just can't compete against state owned clubs. Of course a solution to the problem is to have enough state owned clubs for it to be competitive again and I'm sure they'll be more than happy if Qatar United, Abu Dhabi City and Saudi Newcastle fight it out for the title every year and the title fight goes to the final weekend every season.

croadyman

My breakdown on twitter:

More or less confirms what we have been discussing the last days with the numbers adding up. Definitely room for misinformation or stuff being lost in translation -- but if the information from Le Equipe and Jacobs are correct, the latest offer from 9-2 just doesn't seem to be very competitive. I would have liked to see it pressure Ineos more.
Not very competitive equals not willing to pay whatever it takes to secure club then.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Jim Ratcliffe has placed a bid that values the club shares at £5bn+. Jassim has placed a bid that gives the club an EV of £5bn+.
One bid is for the controlling stake the second is for 100%. It’s a fact that Ratcliffe’s bid will give the Glazers more money for each share that they own. That’s all they care about.
There is a difference between Enterprise Value and Equity Value.
Both bids are based on club value not value of only the clubs shares thats how M&A works. SJR bids values the club at 5.3bn and SJ 5.2bn

The difference is SJR won’t be paying 5.3bn because he won’t be buying 100%

Matt851

Another flag. Why would they be communicating via intermediaries?
Because they aren't serious bidders.

So much moaning on here about people not wanting the qatari's but it's not clear they even jave the necessary funds, and they might fail even the Premier leagues tests around state ownership

romufc

There's nothing wrong with a pledge to spend money on the club - to the fans. But the Glazers won't give two shits about it will they, so you can pledge all you want but why would the Glazers care?
Yeah I agree about that. There is also nothing wrong with them saying they pledge to spend £1bn right? We want to see our club improve.

I fear that there will be no change under the ownership of SJR. Why would the Glazers stay and pay the rest of their siblings off unless they know they going to profit massively?

They will want their yearly dividend payments, will SJR invest money into the club? or will it be the same as the Glazers?

At least with Jassim, we know their intention is to make us a top club again with stadium and playing staff investment.

Telsim

My breakdown on twitter:

Qatar BTFO. Kinda embarrassing, to be honest. 3 bids, none competitive.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Erm, they do. Especially when 31% of the shareholders have basically no say leaving just 18% of other class B share holders...

51% is actually 74% of what matters. One of the many, many things conveniently ignored by the pro Qataris.
Pro Qatari term is so funny and out of context. It is pro United.
Because everything around sir Jim is red flag. His history in owning a club(s), his bid with buying only 51%, dept staying...
It is like buying a striker who scored 10 goals per season in last two clubs and expecting that he will bang 30 for you.

To be clear; i have no idea how good or bad would be Jassim but i know that with Jim we will be steady Eddie. Fighting for top 4 every year.

cyberman

But if there isn’t much difference between two bids then taking Qatar now would level up the bids by interest alone? It’s not like it’s 18 percent per Glazer, some will be getting 5 percent, others 4 etc
Really doesn’t seem like it worth the hassle to be honest.

saivet

So yet again he's still not offering enough
I suppose the one thing they can offer that Ineos can't match be other business opportunities in Qatar. How much that equates to and whether the Glazer care is another matter.

NK86

Depends on how much more it is. A billionaire getting billions for his investment will think about how much more he can make by investing that amount in the right places. Unless the Glazers have the worst advisors in this sale, they will explain to them the potential benefits of higher amount now than a marginally better one 3 years from now.

Moreover there's also the big confusion on whether some of the Glazers want out now. If that's the case, they will definitely want the bid that bags them more right now and that could be the reason why there has been so much delay. If they all were fine staying then the Ineos offer before this fifth bid was already better and they would have started exclusivity with Ineos by now.

croadyman

I suppose the one thing they can offer that Ineos can't match be other business opportunities in Qatar. How much that equates to and whether the Glazer care is another matter.
They need to push for exclusivity with the caveat of business opportunities in Qatar and willing to negotiate in order to reach price

the_cliff

So yet again he's still not offering enough
No because SJR wants to pay the remaining amount over the course of a period of time...

I'd say it depends on how long the agreement is to pay back the remaining amount on SJRs side due to inflation and all that. 1.3 billion today is not the same as 1.3 billion in 10 years for example.

Nick7

Can he If it’s not state backed?

Chief123

You are delusional if you think that someone with 51% of shares makes ALL decisions. Glazers will not run a club but as bigger shareholders they will be asked about some things.
That’s literally the whole point of owning 51%. You have a “controlling” stake. Unless the shareholder agreement specifically specifies a certain percentage of shareholders need to come to agreement on any business changes, then Ineos would have full control.

Acquire Me

Whoever wins now, they will have done a good job of taking control. We can expect the new owner and his people to have good business minds and good people around them.

The big question in the end for me will be whether they are able to run the club well from a sporting point of view.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Whoever wins now, they will have done a good job of taking control. We can expect the new owner and his people to have good business minds and good people around them.

The big question in the end for me will be whether they are able to run the club well from a sporting point of view.
The briefed plans from SJR did sound decent. Think he ear marked Paul Mitchell as a DoF capacity whilst SJ wanted ex players around the club.

Infra-red

Nothing is won or lost at the moment.
No, not yet, but it looks to be heading that way. It must be very frustrating for those who want the Qataris to win the bidding, that even at this late stage they are still seemingly unwilling to make an offer that eclipses the one Ineos submitted back in April.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
It’s becoming more obvious by the day it isn’t a state backed bid.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, not yet, but it looks to be heading that way. It must be very frustrating for those who want the Qataris to win the bidding, that even at this late stage they are still seemingly unwilling to make an offer that eclipses the one Ineos submitted back in April.
I am pro-Qatar but I'd be happy for either to buy the club just to get the thing over and done with and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.