Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Why don't they just beat the offer?
Indeed. It is rather odd. Qatar's 3rd, 4th and 5th bids all offer the Glazers less money per share than the 3rd Ineos bid. Perhaps they never really wanted the club as much as they claimed.

Anyway, this should all be over relatively soon (fingers crossed).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Indeed. It is rather odd. Qatar's 3rd, 4th and 5th bids all offer the Glazers less money per share than the 3rd Ineos bid. Perhaps they never really wanted the club as much as they claimed.

Anyway, this should all be over relatively soon (fingers crossed).
If they go up too much too soon then the Glazers would just want more.

Rolaholic

At least with SJR there's a chance of a new stadium, squad investment and training ground upgrades. Qatar have pledged £800m which won't even cover half the stadium. Let's just hope SJR has a plan to address that, because it's looking like the only way that happens any time soon.
Where has there been anything at all published that would lead us to believe this? This hasn't even been the case even at Nice

Been zero mention at all regarding his ownerships future plans besides still keeping a seat at the table for the Glazers

TGod

No I mean that up until now the Glazers have invited bids and either privately said their asking price of £6bn or publicly leaked it. They’ve sat on those bids and and then invited more with firstly an official offer schedule and secondly just by holding out until more offers come in.

What I’m suggesting is that they might change tact if they believe it’s Qatar’s final offer and Qatar have reached the point where they are sick of waiting and being left in limbo.

If this offer still isn’t enough and it’s genuinely the final offer and they’re planning on rejecting it and their real asking price is lower than the one they have used to negotiate then it would make sense for the Glazers to make a counter offer of their real asking price assuming it’s above what INEOS are offering. Something like £5.6bn (forgetting investment on top etc) and they shake hands - done deal.

I’m sure if the Qataris knew they could put up an additional £400m to end this charade and get the club they’d do it.

I think there’s a good chance this is the position the Glazers have been working towards. Nobody wants to show their cards to early when negotiating.
This makes real sense.

Cloud7

Newcastle cost $415m…

Jassim can afford to bid $6.5b for Utd…

So, he’s literally just bid SIX BILLION dollars more than what Newcastle was sold for.

He can (and defo will imo) easily buy basically any other PL team and still afford to put a few billion into the club for less than this bid, as he should do, and punish the Glazers for their greed and insolence.

Make no mistake, this a huge bid for an asset that the Glazers have recklessly mismanaged and run into the ground.

The guy is bidding $6.5 just to them and pledging, publicly, to additionally free our club from the Glazers’ debt.

They should be fecking hounded by Utd fans if they refuse this. This is new territory for them and us all.

This is our chance to be free of them at last.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter if he’s offered what is generally accepted as a fair price, because there is no such thing as a fair price when the commodity is a football club. The football club is worth what the current owners say it’s worth, that’s the beginning and the end of that. You have to offer something they deem acceptable or you won’t win, that’s all it is.

Make no mistake, my preference is for Jassim but if he can’t win the bid then he can’t win the bid. He’s not entitled to own United. And if he is balking at putting in the extra money to overtake JR’s offer then my enthusiasm is tempered a bit.

Also there’s nothing the fanbase can do. The glazers have shown that they don’t care about what the fans say or do.

Fts 74

Thankfully there are a few voices of reason in this thread otherwise I'd swear I was on Bluemoon or a Newcastle forum.Im staggered at the lengths people who want Qatar are going to its unbelievable.

No way does Ratcliffe/Ineos pay billions for a controlling stake and invest nothing in the club.It looks like Jim has outmanoeuvred them.Will he be a good owner?who knows but going off how the negotiations have gone I'd say he'd be a damn sight better than the Qataris whose bid has probably been lead by Ed feckin Woodward.

Infra-red

I really don’t know why the media/Qatari PR keep harping on about the fact they’ll be putting £1bn of investment into the club.

Glazers couldn’t care less how much gets pumped in afterwards. If anything, Glazers will be wanting that cash. It seems a bit foolish to keep pushing that news out if it is coming from Qatari side. You’d want to keep that quiet because getting fans on your side has no bearing on the weight of the bid.
Yep. This has been covered numerous times, but if Ineos offer the Glazers £3bn for their shares and Qatar offer £2.999bn + £500bn investment into Manchester, the Glazers will take the Ineos offer every time.

Surely Qatar knew this from the outset - they only really have themselves to blame for the predicament they now find themselves in.

Idxomer

I don't know how he's going to do at United. Nobody has a clue how anybody will do. I don't want Qatar for a multitude of reasons, of course the ethical reasons but also the business ineptitude reasons.

My point is - it takes a long time for an owner to have a true impact. Unless they are being a sugar daddy (which I disagree with from a sporting competitiveness/equality POV), then it's going to take time to make their mark. They aren't coaching the team, they aren't playing the games. They aren't scouting players. They aren't/shouldn't be identifying signings. They have to make the right structure and hire the right people to be in charge of these structures, and then allocate the appropriate amount of money to support team needs, meeting targets that they set, while not putting the club at risk. That's what a good owner needs to do. That's takes years to judge. You can see if somebody is being a sugar daddy/don't care about losses right away or if they're being incredibly dumb right away (Glazers), most others are a big grey area until a significant amount of time passes.
There's obviously something wrong within the structure at Nice which is what their fans and the team's captain have been critical of at the end of the season.

I wasn't against Ineos at the start. I even voted for them in that poll against Sheik Jassim but reading more about Ratcliffe and his handling of his football clubs, it doesn't really paint a good picture. We could be optimistic and a bit naive thinking that someone who so far failed to operate a mid-tier club like Nice will run a giant like Manchester United smoothly but that's very likely not the reality.

Berbaclass

Yep. This has been covered numerous times, but if Ineos offer the Glazers £3bn for their shares and Qatar offer £2.999bn + £500bn investment into Manchester, the Glazers will take the Ineos offer every time.

Surely Qatar knew this from the outset - they only really have themselves to blame for the predicament they now find themselves in.
Well yeah but that’s not how the bids are actually structured. That’s just a weird simplification

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes, and is 200m in the premier league far more than their rivals?
Of course it is! They made a good appointment for manager and made signings they would have no hope to complete otherwise for a relegation candidate club.They also got lucky with a couple signings/factors. They also seemingly started things off smartly there, something Qatar has not done with PSG. I don't know why people assume that Qatar will be smart with us because Saudi or Abu Dhabi have been smart at the PL clubs. It's different people. The only evidence of Qatar is a fecking shit show.

romufc

But there straight up has been misinformation from Jassim. Bids being reported with the “pledge” added on, oh wait actually that isn’t part of the bid it’s separate.

INEOS bid doesn’t have much public information, as I’ve said. There’s a difference between no information and misinformation.
Whats wrong with a pledge?

What we know is SJR will not clear the debt, they said they wont load any further debt which is an indication that the debt wont be cleared.

They are taking a loan loaded onto INEOS to buy the club, who's to say a year down the line they wont be taking more loans loaded onto United to buy players and improve infrastructure?

We obviously wont compete with the best with SJR.

Cloud7

Thankfully there are a few voices of reason in this thread otherwise I'd swear I was on Bluemoon or a Newcastle forum.Im staggered at the lengths people who want Qatar are going to its unbelievable.

No way does Ratcliffe/Ineos pay billions for a controlling stake and invest nothing in the club.It looks like Jim has outmanoeuvred them.Will he be a good owner?who nows but going off how the negotiations have gone I'd say he'd be a damn sight better than the Qataris whose bid has probably been lead by Ed feckin Woodward.
If Woody led the bid they would have seen the Glazers price at £6 billion and sent in a bid for 10 billion

Spoony

The People's President

Yeah but if they're really are interested and if it isn't a private bid what's stopping them offering a few quid more than Ratcliffe? And ending it?

Berbaclass

Of course it is! They made a good appointment for manager and made signings they would have no hope to complete otherwise for a relegation candidate club.They also got lucky with a couple signings/factors. They also seemingly started things off smartly there, something Qatar has not done with PSG. I don't know why people assume that Qatar will be smart with us because Saudi or Abu Dhabi have been smart at the PL clubs. It's different people. The only evidence of Qatar is a fecking shit show.
Qatar being a shitshow is hyperbole. They’ve achieved lots of domestic success but have failed in Europe. City have shown in Europe that even with the greatest strategy it doesn’t mean anything.

Infra-red

Yes, but now that strategy has likely cost them the club. The time to make a proper offer to put Ineos in the mud was the 3rd round bid on 28th April - it looks like Qatar lost control of the process at that point, with Ineos effectively being the preferred bidder ever since.

Cloud7

It would be nice to have some actual clarity on this by Friday then.

And then of course on Friday we find out someone has made an incrementally different bid

jm99

I think people would rather have owners who did what they've done at psg (but adjusted for the Premier league, so easier to attract players, less of a need to pay a premium) than Jim replicating what he's done at nice. Forest spent 140m in one summer after promotion, so no 200m over the January and summer windows wasn't actually an outrageous amount

Berbaclass

Yes, but now that strategy has likely cost them the club. The time to make a proper offer to put Ineos in the mud was the 3rd round bid on 28th April - it looks like Qatar lost control of the process at that point, with Ineos effectively being the preferred bidder ever since.
Nothing is won or lost at the moment.

L1nk

Whats wrong with a pledge?

What we know is SJR will not clear the debt, they said they wont load any further debt which is an indication that the debt wont be cleared.

They are taking a loan loaded onto INEOS to buy the club, who's to say a year down the line they wont be taking more loans loaded onto United to buy players and improve infrastructure?

We obviously wont compete with the best with SJR.
There's nothing wrong with a pledge to spend money on the club - to the fans. But the Glazers won't give two shits about it will they, so you can pledge all you want but why would the Glazers care?

mu4c_20le

This wouldn't make sense if SJR doesn't go higher.

I was joking earlier when I said the Glazers would ask for 10bn beacuse someone suggested the Qataris were stupid enough to let emotion take over during negotiations and "must win to save face"

Suv666

Feel like the Qatar bid isn't state backed.

Radcliffe has got this in the bag for whatever reasons the Glazers want to stay, this has been reported a fair few times before and he took advantage of that

bosnian_red

There's obviously something wrong within the structure at Nice which is what their fans and the team's captain have been critical of at the end of the season.

I wasn't against Ineos at the start. I even voted for them in that poll against Sheik Jassim but reading more about Ratcliffe and his handling of his football clubs, it doesn't really paint a good picture. We could be optimistic and a bit naive thinking that someone who so far failed to operate a mid-tier club like Nice will run a giant like Manchester United smoothly but that's very likely not the reality.
That's fair - but I'm of the opinion that United as a club does not need a whole lot to run us well. Just don't be dumb. The Glazers are horrible and very dumb owners, apart from the point buying a goldmine and refusing to budge while it appreciated in value. They need to leave as they are horrible for the club, or at the very least, not be in control.

I'm also of the opinion that no state should own a club, human rights issues or not. The human rights issues simply add to it. I'm also of the opinion that Qatar has looked incredibly amateurish during this entire process, and think that combined with what PSG have become is a huge red flag even if I ignored ethical issues and state ownership issues. Yeah infinite money so you can get past bad decisions, but that's not what I want from my football club. Give me a bang average owner who will just hire some smart people and run the club sustainably and I'll be happy from that perspective, because that's all United need to be competitive, because of our sheer size. Nobody knows how Ratcliffe will be, as you say he may be having some issues at Nice, nobody gets it all correct right away, but I'd rather take a chance on that than be a puppet for a state, or the Glazers remain in control.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
At least with SJR there's a chance of a new stadium, squad investment and training ground upgrades. Qatar have pledged £800m which won't even cover half the stadium. Let's just hope SJR has a plan to address that, because it's looking like the only way that happens any time soon.
Talk about obvious misconception.

The guy hasn't even said how he'll handle the debt and you've already given him the benefit of the doubt for a new stadium, while discarding the bid that's literally pledged the investment needed for the squad which obviously implies further plans to make the club into what it should.

Some of the double standards on here are just mind-boggling.

bosnian_red

Qatar being a shitshow is hyperbole. They’ve achieved lots of domestic success but have failed in Europe. City have shown in Europe that even with the greatest strategy it doesn’t mean anything.
Shit show off the pitch in how they deal with transfers and contracts, the Mbappe farce, their owner constantly having fits of rage, constantly changing managers and making pointless signings, not even showing complete dominance domestically which is pretty bad given just how superior they are financially to the rest. That football club represents Qatar. I don't want United to be about all things Qatar.

TsuWave

Well, when City finally win it's 11th title in a row and bayern up the league, I'll still have the moral high ground.

Also, I have a clip of that Rooney assist-to RvP volley I'll be able to show my kids about the good times, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.