Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Which is kind of the points Im saying, the value they had if it was for "investors" obviously was for more then that wasn't met. Forbes has them at 4.7bil. Henry would want an stupidly high increase on 4.7, which no one will meet even imo. Spuds on the other hand who knows they would be half the price with a new stadium.
Yeah, Liverpool are not listed on the stock exchange, so hard to get an open market valuation.

I thought the premium was more like $4bn, maybe $5bn, maybe with a real valuation of $3bn (which is still x10 what they paid for them).

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It’s entirely also possible he’s changed his mind, or learned more about it and decided he’s against the idea, if the posts are from years ago - if so, he should just explain that.
Sure, that's a possibility, but in that case he should stop acting so self-righteously toward the posters who prefer a sale to Qatar.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
In Britain they vote again for a war criminal like Tony fecking Blair after he invaded another country based on fecking lies, sending that country into the dark ages, starting civil wars lasted 15 fecking years causing the death, suffering and migration of millions of people.

How can the british "sleep at night" knowing when they went to the voting boxes to vote for a killer?

Eh.
Honestly, I hate this take.

It’s like blaming every Qatari for their government’s crimes / lies.

The invasion of Iraq and destabilising of the ME was and is protested by millions of Britains, Britain’s who were lied to by Blair’s government, and many of whom never wanted any involvement in his illegal war - even when the vast majority actually believed the lies.

This take is toxic and I honestly think you should take it back or reframe it as I reckon you’re better than it.

Me and you disagreed loads on the Qatar government’s censorship during the WC, but to start seeing this topic devolve into a West vs ME when we all want what’s best for Utd is too much.

Like I said, those who disagree with actions of the Qatar government are not blaming every Qatari for those actions - and you shouldn’t do the same with Blair’s crimes.

That’s just out and out xenophobia.

laughtersassassin

Think at this point it's too late in terms of our summer window. Will have to have a transfer window that tides us over to January

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Think at this point it's too late in terms of our summer window. Will have to have a transfer window that tides us over to January
It’s not too late yet. It’s barely begun.

But IF ETH isn’t properly backed he should publicly threaten to walk - hopefully that’d add pressure to the leeches to feck off or back him properly.

Big Ben Foster

Supports

But IF ETH isn’t properly backed he should publicly threaten to walk - hopefully that’d add pressure to the leeches to feck off or back him properly.
Transfer activity for most clubs began in February

wolvored

My take on it is If Ratboy had have kept his nerve and hadnt offered the parasites a way to be paid off, yet keep an hand in, I think there would have been a sale by now, who to is another thing. I imagine its 4 v 2 with the leeches on who to go with and thats why its taking so long.

Moriarty

I suspect that ETH is the type of man who, if he isn't backed, will walk without any announcement.

NotThatSoph

Were you the one who suggested people who support the Qatar bid also support Greenwood coming back?

I suggest that you often 'suggest' a load of bollocks.
Not quite, I seconded it.

Your input is noted but although I can be bad with names and fail to recall that much, from the little impression I do have I'm happy to say I think the low opinion here is a mutual thing, so it won't be given a great deal of weight.

Also, you're being weirdly aggro to do this the next day, in response to something innocuous.
Nevermind next day, lets do next week because I decided to check.

881 people voted in the poll, where 46.1 % wanted Greenwood to return next season and 53.9 % said no. I cross checked with public polls on the takeover and comments in the biggest takeover threads. Where that failed to turn up anything I did a quick scan of their comment histories. Fans of opposition teams were also excluded. In total I managed to find enough information on 605 voters to put them in either the pro or anti Qatari takeover camp.

- Out of the 264 people against the Qatari takeover, 65 wants Greenwood back. 24.6 %.
- Out of the 341 people for the Qatari takeover, 214 wants Greenwood back. 62.8 %.

@bosnian_red, you were the one who originally suggested this might be the case. @Berbasbullet, you were curious about what I'd find.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

881 people voted in the poll, where 46.1 % wanted Greenwood to return next season and 53.9 % said no. I cross checked with public polls on the takeover and comments in the biggest takeover threads. Where that failed to turn up anything I did a quick scan of their comment histories. Fans of opposition teams were also excluded. In total I managed to find enough information on 605 voters to put them in either the pro or anti Qatari takeover camp.

- Out of the 264 people against the Qatari takeover, 65 wants Greenwood back. 24.6 %.
- Out of the 341 people for the Qatari takeover, 214 wants Greenwood back. 62.8 %.

@bosnian_red, you were the one who originally suggested this might be the case. @Berbasbullet, you were curious about what I'd find.
Incredible analysis that and very revealing.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Do you think clubs wait until the registration period to begin planning their transfers? :houllier:
Do you think that first contacts with agents/clubs/players start in June? :lol:
Of course not, it goes on all year round but to he so highly specific with “February” was highly unbelievable, that things get moving “in February” which coincidentally is a month after the Jan transfer window.

Transfers for both windows get worked on all year round

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Of course not, it goes on all year round but to he so highly specific with “February” was highly unbelievable, that things get moving “in February” which coincidentally is a month after the Jan transfer window.

Transfers for both windows get worked on all year round
Pedantry. Full focus shifts to the summer window once the winter window closes. Regardless of exact dates, I think we're all in agreement that nobody waits until summer to begin work on summer transfers.

Giggsyking

Honestly, I hate this take.

It’s like blaming every Qatari for their government’s crimes / lies.

The invasion of Iraq and destabilising of the ME was and is protested by millions of Britains, Britain’s who were lied to by Blair’s government, and many of whom never wanted any involvement in his illegal war - even when the vast majority actually believed the lies.

This take is toxic and I honestly think you should take it back or reframe it as I reckon you’re better than it.
Me and you disagreed loads on the Qatar government’s censorship during the WC, but to start seeing this topic devolve into a West vs ME when we all want what’s best for Utd is too much.
Like I said, those who disagree with actions of the Qatar government are not blaming every Qatari for those actions - and you shouldn’t do the same with Blair’s crimes.
That’s just out and out xenophobia.
I understand your point of view and I am not far from it. But my take is not out of the blue. I was talking from the whole concept of democracy. The elected government is representative of the people's will. Tony Blair was reelected again after invading and destroying another country where people suffered and died and that should not have happened. Are the British people to be blamed? off course not. But he should have never got a second term.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sure it is. Please share your opinion about it. I know what are you (and other self-righteous people) thinking but please, enlighten us.
I imagine:

Anyone who wants Qatar to buy United or Greenwood (not convicted Greenwood but let’s ignore that irrelevancy) to play for United again hates gays and loves rapists.

And if ‘that’s not what I’m saying’ - then they should shut the feck up. Say it with your chest or feck off and don’t say it at all.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes you’re right I have a problem with prejudices.
Yes, you do. Everything with you is about having "moral ground" and everybody who thinks different is wrong. In everything your approach is subjective rather than objective. With you it is always about what YOU think is right and moral.

That is classic extremist thinking.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Pretty conclusive, though I think it would be even more telling at what percentage of the Greenwood inners were Qatari in vs what percentage of Greenwood inners were against Qatar. Unless this is just 214 vs 65 in terms of the 279 people you can find data on, giving us 77% of Greenwood in are Qatar in, and 23 of Greenwood in is Qatar out. Undoubtedly a huge correlation there. Pretty much those that care about what our club is associated with off the pitch vs those that don't care so long as it brings success.

Godfather

Incredible the way this is dragging on and dragging on. Undoubtedly already having a huge impact on our transfer plans. For that reason alone I want everyone of the Glazers gone.

NotThatSoph

Pretty conclusive, though I think it would be even more telling at what percentage of the Greenwood inners were Qatari in vs what percentage of Greenwood inners were against Qatar. Unless this is just 214 vs 65 in terms of the 279 people you can find data on, giving us 77% of Greenwood in are Qatar in, and 23 of Greenwood in is Qatar out. Undoubtedly a huge correlation there. Pretty much those that care about what our club is associated with off the pitch vs those that don't care so long as it brings success.
That's it, yes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, you do. Everything with you is about having "moral ground" and everybody who thinks different is wrong. In everything your approach is subjective rather than objective. With you it is always about what YOU think is right and moral.

That is classic extremist thinking.
Come on pal, it's 2023, how can anyone not believe exactly what @Wumminator thinks about every single subject?! It's astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.