Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm just reminding us all that unfortunately, of necessary, they can and will just refinance. Kick the can down the road until next time. If they can do it with the billionaire equivalent of a Wonga loan, half a billion on reasonable terms is nothing.
Debt is no longer cheap. That option is not feasible any more.

The only option they have left is full sale, majority sale or minority sale to vulture capitalists.

It’s why full sale has always been the most likely. Then majority sale. Minority sale would require them reinvesting their own capital into the club to obtain some sort of growth and keep the vultures at bay.

ROFLUTION

I cant stand this anymore. I really do think I’ll not be a United fan if we become Qatar state owned.

It’s like someone swooping in from the left and stealing your girlfriend to make her all shallow and superficial. I really hate the latest news that Qatar is in the mix again.

George The Best

I cant stand this anymore. I really do think I’ll not be a United fan if we become Qatar state owned.

It’s like someone swooping in from the left and stealing your girlfriend to make her all shallow and superficial. I really hate the latest news that Qatar is in the mix again.
There is still no proof this is a Qatar state bid. In fact the size of the SJ bid suggests it’s not.

Tender Teacher

Yes, I can't wait until Qatar don't buy Manchester United, thus all the human rights issues in that country will be instantaneously solved.

Or maybe they won't, but either way who cares. When something is no longer in your eyeline, does it even exist?

Irrational.

The parasites have played a blinder if you think about it. Only two bidders were seriously ever in the running to buy the club, yet they had everyone believing there were others.

They then play this weird game of cat and mouse, at one point making everyone believe Ratcliffe is in front, and then Jassim - inviting numerous bidding ‘rounds’. This is still ongoing with no one any the wiser. The rug will then be pulled from under one of them just as they think they’ve done enough; and the Glazers will have milked the United asking price for every last penny and more. All money that could’ve gone towards the club.

They are worse than viruses. They have served no purpose over the term of their ownership and have remained mute whilst lining their own pockets and increasing the debt burden on the club. The club is a shadow of what it used to be thanks to them, and we have watched on helplessly as our greatest achievement was matched by a club with a set of owners that were the opposite of the Glazers. A clue as to what could be achieved with non-parasitic owners.

ROFLUTION

There is still no proof this is a Qatar state bid. In fact the size of the SJ bid suggests it’s not.
Please, none of all us sane people who dont do mind gymnastics actually believe this. Ridiculous to think it’s not state backed. Discussion has been gone on forever and in rounds, not wasting my time on that one again.

alanjohnson

The parasites have played a blinder if you think about it. Only two bidders were seriously ever in the running to buy the club, yet they had everyone believing there were others.

They then play this weird game of cat and mouse, at one point making everyone believe Ratcliffe is in front, and then Jassim - inviting numerous bidding ‘rounds’. This is still ongoing with no one any the wiser. The rug will then be pulled from under one of them just as they think they’ve done enough; and the Glazers will have milked the United asking price for every last penny and more. All money that could’ve gone towards the club.

They are worse than viruses. They have served no purpose over the term of their ownership and have remained mute whilst lining their own pockets and increasing the debt burden on the club. The club is a shadow of what it used to be thanks to them, and we have watched on helplessly as our greatest achievement was matched by a club with a set of owners that were the opposite of the Glazers. A clue as to what could be achieved with non-parasitic owners.

the irony is that the Emeratis purchased City, with the knowledge that the 'Manchester' in their name is already a developed/marketed name and will instantly buy Man City global recognition.
when they brought Robinho, he thought he was going to manchester united, he called it 'manchester' as many in the world do.
even ruud van nistelrooy called United 'manchester'.

AneRu

The benefit is they keep a stake and if they have knowledge of further revenue opportunities coming in the pipeline (e.g. TV rights being more lucrative or similar), there is a good chance they sell the remaining shares at a bigger premium to what they are being offered right now.

This is the only reason I can see, anyway. But who is also to say that SJR will even buy the remaining amount in 2/3 years? He might just keep a majority and leave the Glazers with their shares.
Further revenues will also mean wage and transfer fee inflation which will cut into margins and how exactly will they benefit massively when they own 9% and SJR controls the dividends policy? Say the Qatari offer is 5.3b and the SJR offer is 5.6, the Glazers earn more if they get cash now and just invest it in bonds for three years without the hustle of hearing your family name being sung by 73k disgruntled fans and having your nieces harassed online.

The fact that they went through the PSG guy begging for Jassim to increase his offer, which he has done, and we suddenly hear of a preferred bidder suggests it's Sheik Jassim because if they wanted the Sir Jim's offer they had a month to accept it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This is the account he keeps mentioning and, to be fair, this was posted yesterday.

Is it me or does this seem..accurate?
The state takeover by Qatar has always been the more likely option. The only question in that case is whether SJR has been used to up the price by collusion or by good fortune.

ROFLUTION

Yes, I can't wait until Qatar don't buy Manchester United, thus all the human rights issues in that country will be instantaneously solved.

Or maybe they won't, but either way who cares. When something is no longer in your eyeline, does it even exist?
When you write drivel like this, do you actually believe this is how I think?

bludsucker

If they offer all at once, no advantage. But right now, as we all understand, they haven't.

I think the fact SJR hasn't made any bids since round 3 is telling though. If Jassim/Qatar can make bids after the fact, I'm sure SJR could if he needed to.
The problem with this is the glazers are not waiting for SJR to make an improved bid. They were always waiting for SJ to make an improved bid. Which meanes they were always wanting to make a full sale. SJR was always supposed to be beating the SJ bid on partial buyout. SJR never stood a chance of beating the full buyout after the sheik made his 5th bid.

welshmanc75

If you scroll down, a lot of the older posts had a similar "deal to be finalized this week" message. In other words, speculative BS.
Pretty much all pro Qatar bid as well. A lot of 'deal to be finalized' posts as you say but all saying Qatar will win. Either they have good sources and all other journos are waffling when it comes to SJR having the better bed, or its specalutive bollocks.

Interestingly they also mention this threat of legal action from other shareholders. I can't believe this process has been going on as long as it has and only now someone is saying this 'could' be an issue

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Pretty much all pro Qatar bid as well. A lot of 'deal to be finalized' posts as you say but all saying Qatar will win. Either they have good sources and all other journos are waffling when it comes to SJR having the better bed, or its specalutive bollocks.

Interestingly they also mention this threat of legal action from other shareholders. I can't believe this process has been going on as long as it has and only now someone is saying this 'could' be an issue
The shareholder lawsuit thing has been coming up quite a bit recently, and is legitimately a potential complication if INEOS is chosen over Qatar.

MarkoDolohov

Why was he threadbanned?
When news broke about the whole PSG stuff, the narrative shifted from INEOS to Qatar. The pendulum had shifted - least that is the sentiment I have perceived. I think he has been taken out of the ball pit for a while to not escalate tensions as this topic is very divisive. I think it's a sensible approach by the mods, they nip something in the bud without fully banning the person site wide: I have been following this since February and now it kind of makes sense why we havent seen much mud slinging which I have come acustomed to on the internet, especially on a topic like this.

Anyway, to bring it back on topic. Following that seeking alpha site it mentioned the following which I found interesting.

Joel Glazer holds 19.11%, Darcie Glazer holds 18.15%, Bryan Glazer holds 17.23%, Avram Glazer holds 14.38%, Kevin Glazer holds 13.77%, Edward Glazer holds 12.99% and Edward Woodward holds 0.05% Class B shares. The Glazer family owns 4.3% of the 31% Class A public float.

George The Best

Please, none of all us sane people who dont do mind gymnastics actually believe this. Ridiculous to think it’s not state backed. Discussion has been gone on forever and in rounds, not wasting my time on that one again.
So why didn’t they blow Ineos out of the water and have been apparently lowballing their offer?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The shareholder lawsuit thing has been coming up quite a bit recently, and is legitimately a potential complication if INEOS is chosen over Qatar.
Is it? Gonna admit takeover law in the Cayman Islands isn't something I'm terribly experienced in, so I am just going off reports - has there been much suggestion it's a serious issue? I've not seen much.

JagUTD

The problem with this is the glazers are not waiting for SJR to make an improved bid. They were always waiting for SJ to make an improved bid. Which meanes they were always wanting to make a full sale. SJR was always supposed to be beating the SJ bid on partial buyout. SJR never stood a chance of beating the full buyout after the sheik made his 5th bid.
Maybe, but there is nothing stopping him doing so whether you believe he is being used or not. I think some of you are seriously underestimating him but I am also I am not going to change anyone mind about him. All I can say is we are taking about someone who the 1% call the 1%. The idea of him being used as a pawn doesn't seem plausible to me but who knows. Even the 0.01% pale in compay to entire States.

cyberman

When news broke about the whole PSG stuff, the narrative shifted from INEOS to Qatar. The pendulum had shifted - least that is the sentiment I have perceived. I think he has been taken out of the ball pit for a while to not escalate tensions as this topic is very divisive. I think it's a sensible approach by the mods, they nip something in the bud without fully banning the person site wide: I have been following this since February and now it kind of makes sense why we havent seen much mud slinging which I have come acustomed to on the internet, especially on a topic like this.

Anyway, to bring it back on topic. Following that seeking alpha site it mentioned the following which I found interesting.
So what would the class A shares be worth to the Glazers in the event of a full Qatar takeover? 400m odd?
That really should be highlighted a bit more since Jim won’t be buying them

JagUTD

Why was he threadbanned?
I can't speak for the mods, and I may well end up in the same situation as may any of us but giving everyone the benefit of doubt, it may just be a mod thinking a break will do Berba good. We can all get a bit obsessive over this given what's on the line. Sure he'll be back in a few days.

ROFLUTION

So why didn’t they blow Ineos out of the water and have been apparently lowballing their offer?
Come on - you know the answer to this yourself but try with this. No one wants to pay more than you have to. You also are aware as me that we basically know nothing of whats really going on behind the scenes. We wont know anything in details before maybe afterwards. We dont even know the price. We just know that two of the World’s biggest money-entitles are battling it out.

George The Best

Is it? Gonna admit takeover law in the Cayman Islands isn't something I'm terribly experienced in, so I am just going off reports - has there been much suggestion it's a serious issue? I've not seen much.
Yes, it’s serious and has nothing to do with Cayman Islands. This will be a US case if it comes to it, as it revolves around the NYSE listing.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yes, it’s serious and has nothing to do with Cayman Islands. This will be a US case if it comes to it, as it revolves around the NYSE listing.
Are you speaking from personal expertise or do you have sources you could share?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No idea if it would stand in court or how long it would threaten to hold up proceedings. From what I've heard, Cayman law isn't particularly favorable towards minority investors, so maybe it's a moot point after all.

bludsucker

Maybe, but there is nothing stopping him doing so whether you believe he is being used or not. I think some of you are seriously underestimating him but I am also I am not going to change anyone mind about him. All I can say is we are taking about someone who the 1% call the 1%. The idea of him being used as a pawn doesn't seem plausible to me but who knows. Even the 0.01% pale in compay to entire States.
What i think is that the glazers have used the ratcliffe bid as a leverage to get SJ to increase his bid as all we heard was that SJR was in the lead. You are right there is nothing stopping SJR from improving his bid but i feel that he doesn’t have the means for it hence he got creative with it by offering to pay the glazers more overall albeit over three years rather tha now.

George The Best

Come on - you know the answer to this yourself but try with this. No one wants to pay more than you have to. You also are aware as me that we basically know nothing of whats really going on behind the scenes. We wont know anything in details before maybe afterwards. We dont even know the price. We just know that two of the World’s biggest money-entitles are battling it out.
So why are you adamant it’s a state bid when you yourself say we know nothing. Takes somebody who has to shout their username to try and be big. It will all come out in the wash, and I really don’t care. I’m entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, so don’t try to bully fellow posters that only have United’s interest at heart.

dpansheth

You don’t have a point, or even a clue, it seems.

Jassim’s bids have never claimed to be ‘just him’ - they’re a group of businessmen, hence 92 Foundation, it obviously isn’t 1 person.

And his individual, personal wealth isn’t known in Western media isn’t known, so speculating on it is idiotic.

If they’re bidding 6 billion, rather than say, using another company to leverage it with yet more debt… it’s fairly safe to say the 92 Foundation can afford it.
[/QUOTE
More delays before we can start our transfer business :(
I think we will be done by next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.