Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

Then why is he dithering about by paying 51% and keeping the leeches onboard and not buy all their shares? As you say in the last paragraph, if true, then he could afford this without Ineos backing out of his own wealth and still be a multi billionaire. Instead if he does eventually get iy on current terms, we will still be in as big a mess as we are now.
You realize had made offers for all the Glazers' shares (69% of all shares) too?

You can only buy as much as they are willing to part with.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No out its very rare that transfers happen in the midst of a takeover. Namely becuase it impacts ths value of the club if the suddenly spent 100 million. I would be surprised to see any transfers take place before this is settled.
There is no takeover going on currently. The club would need to announce its in a period of exclusive acquisition negotiations with a bidder for this to apply.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A worryingly high amount of our fans seem to have zero understanding of the club's history.

People seem to think a Sheikh buying us is better than the Treble. Again, back to my previous post about obsession with transfers.

The poster seems to think we won the league in 92.

How worried are you by this Twitter poll out of interest?

Rojofiam

Probably because the majority of people voting were either not born or too young when we won the treble 24 years ago and even more so when we won the first title in the 90s.
I was 2 months old when United won the treble and anyone voting "Sheikh Jassim new owner" in that poll has room temperature IQ in my eyes.

BarstoolProphet

I see JP Morgan is in the news for some vile stuff. That's the company Brexit Jim and Ineos are gonna get the loan from. Same place Glazers got in bed with to put us in debt
And water is wet. Trust JP Morgan to be involved in scandals several times a year. Facilitating the biggest Ponzi scheme in history? No problem. Facilitating underage sex ring? Give us a call.

Chief123

I was 2 months old when United won the treble and anyone voting "Sheikh Jassim new owner" in that poll has room temperature IQ in my eyes.
Welcome to a world where not everyone has the same opinion as you mate.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
There is no takeover going on currently. The club would need to announce its in a period of exclusive acquisition negotiations with a bidder for this to apply.
true, but they are taking offers, its unlikely that an owner of a business is suddenly going to fork out 100+mil on talent acquisition

croadyman

Yeah much as I want Qatar I still would never put it above that first title in 93 or being the FIRST team to do "The Treble"

mu4c_20le

I see JP Morgan is in the news for some vile stuff. That's the company Brexit Jim and Ineos are gonna get the loan from. Same place Glazers got in bed with to put us in debt
Let's keep politics out of football. United is an escape for some of us.

Zed 101

Didn't ETH say that the takeover wouldn’t affect transfer business ? I’m sure I read that somewhere although I could be wrong.
Probably did, but and I am sure the intention is that he is not waiting on the takeover, however I would be fairly confident in guessing that regardless of who the new owner is (if it ever happens) they will be looking to spunk more cash than the Glazers would :) even if just as a show of intent

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A worryingly high amount of our fans seem to have zero understanding of the club's history.

People seem to think a Sheikh buying us is better than the Treble. Again, back to my previous post about obsession with transfers.

A lot of fans cannot see beyond buying Mbappe.

Chief123

Didn't ETH say that the takeover wouldn’t affect transfer business ? I’m sure I read that somewhere although I could be wrong.
I believe we have a pre-allocated budget for transfers already. However, a takeover would probably allow more than what is currently available. Not a crazy amount more though due to FFP.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
I’m 42 so old enough to remember all of the above. Personally I would put the takeover last on that list but I can see why someone might class it as the most important. It is going to guide the future of the club and is a pivotal moment. If they believe, like a lot do, that SJ buying the club will equal competing against the very best and winning future titles and trebles then it is justified. A large number of fans believe SJR in bed with the glazers equals more of the same so I can understand why they place this takeover as so important in the ongoing history of the club and it’s fortunes going forward.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

a lot of fans including many on here much prefer signing big name players than anything else. This poll is no surprise at all

Zed 101

You realize had made offers for all the Glazers' shares (69% of all shares) too?

You can only buy as much as they are willing to part with.
Not an expert on American PLCs but am assuming the rules are similar to the UK, if the new owners are majority shareholders then they can force the sale/transfer of minority holders using special measures and could/would probably look at delisting the company anyway, it was only ever listed in order to raise money which is not something either of the SJ's would be looking at doing, Qatar why would they? and Radcliffe would want under the Ineos umbrella

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Personally I would put the takeover last on that list but I can see why someone might class it as the most important. It is going to guide the future of the club and is a pivotal moment. If they believe, like a lot do, that SJ buying the club will equal competing against the very best and winning future titles and trebles then it is justified.
Lost for words. fecking hell.

soralapio

Until the takeover or acquisition process has officially started, there's nothing stopping us from buying/selling players.
Well except the Glazers. All decisions have to go through the cnuts in Florida and if they're not approving purchases or sales then nothing's going to get done.

Woziak

Probably did, but and I am sure the intention is that he is not waiting on the takeover, however I would be fairly confident in guessing that regardless of who the new owner is (if it ever happens) they will be looking to spunk more cash than the Glazers would :) even if just as a show of intent
The slow start is typical united and more importantly waiting for PL money to pay off the revolving credit line at the end of the month. With either SJ or SJR hopefully finally being announced, it stands to reason that JM/RA will be informing The Glazers and then with the Glazers permission informing SJ and SJR of who the targets are and more importantly who the club looks to move on to create a budget of £250-300m.

We should have no issues selling; E Bailey, A Telles, B Williams, D Henderson, A Ellanga, DVB out the door to follow P Jones and A Tuanzebe. But don’t expect any sales to mid to end of July purely for Cashflow reasons.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Lost for words. fecking hell.
Why? I said the takeover is last on the list for me. Personally I don’t think the last few minutes of the champions league final in 99 will ever be beaten. I’m a relatively old man though and lived through those moments. I don’t understand what in my explanation of why some place this takeover as so pivotal you struggle to understand.

cyberman

I’ll be honest. I think Glazers out is up there with winning the treble. Arguably more important in many ways.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife

Not surprising.

Experiences can’t be forced on people. People under the age of 25 can’t be expected to value those earlier moments the same as older fan. All they truly know/experienced is the club they support playing catch up.

Maybe it says more about you than them because majority taking those surveys are likelier to be on the younger side.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I’ll be honest. I think Glazers out is up there with winning the treble. Arguably more important in many ways.
It's really not, especially if it means selling to Ratcliffe or Qatar, and I say that as someone who has been boycotting OT because of them.

The only thing that would top the Treble would be doing it again next season and beating city in the Champions League final and the scousers in the FA Cup final.

putzmcgee123

Repeat after me: the day-to-day stock price changes are driven by traders speculating on reports. Trying to read anything more into it than that is a fool's game.

Tiber

A lot of fans have grown up with the mediocrity of the last decade. Not a surprise those who have been taught a very distant 3rd is a good season are desperate for an opportunity of genuine success.

I'm lucky to have been a teenager during Fergie's later years and saw great united teams, some fans haven't.

croadyman

It's really not, especially if it means selling to Ratcliffe or Qatar, and I say that as someone who has been boycotting OT because of them.

The only thing that would top the Treble would be doing it again next season and beating city in the Champions League final and the scousers in the FA Cup final.
Still annoying we didn't repeat in 2008 courtesy of that awful FA Cup game with Pompey

croadyman

A lot of fans have grown up with the mediocrity of the last decade. Not a surprise those who have been taught a very distant 3rd is a good season are desperate for an opportunity of genuine success.

I'm lucky to have been a teenager during Fergie's later years and saw great united teams, some fans haven't.
Yeah that's actually a very good point

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Not surprising.

Experiences can’t be forced on people. People under the age of 25 can’t be expected to value those earlier moments the same as older fan. All they truly know/experienced is the club they support playing catch up.

Maybe it says more about you than them because majority taking those surveys are likelier to be on the younger side.
I'm in my 30s. Getting a new owner is just not comparable to winning three trophies in ten days.

Anyone who's older than 17 would have also been aware of United winning every major trophy aside from the Champions League. I'd find it odd if they think getting a new owner is better than any of those moments

I remember being outside OT in 2003 after we won the title back from Arsenal. That was a million times better than the club getting a new owner, especially when the new owner is one of these two options.

BarstoolProphet

After me: the day-to-day stock price changes are driven by traders speculating on reports. Trying to read anything more into it than that is a fool's game.

croadyman

I'm in my 30s. Getting a new owner is just not comparable to winning three trophies in ten days.

Anyone who's older than 17 would have also been aware of United winning every major trophy aside from the Champions League. I'd find it odd if they think getting a new owner is better than any of those moments

I remember being outside OT in 2003 after we won the title back from Arsenal. That was a million times better than the club getting a new owner, especially when the new owner is one of these two options.
Yeah Leeds have effectively won us 2 leagues

Rojofiam

I’m 42 so old enough to remember all of the above. Personally I would put the takeover last on that list but I can see why someone might class it as the most important. It is going to guide the future of the club and is a pivotal moment. If they believe, like a lot do, that SJ buying the club will equal competing against the very best and winning future titles and trebles then it is justified. A large number of fans believe SJR in bed with the glazers equals more of the same so I can understand why they place this takeover as so important in the ongoing history of the club and it’s fortunes going forward.
This takeover will be really important for the future of the club, but just as you explained, most people have a distorted view on what the difference between Qatar and Ineos would be.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife

Key word being aware against possibilities for someone that is not experienced true joy with the club they support.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

@MancunianAngels @Mockney

I think a key point in this is the ‘for you’ specified in the question.

Many of those answering probably weren’t born when the treble happened, more still will’ve been too young to remember it, so ‘for them’ it’s fairly obvious what they’ll answer.

It’s essentially asking someone to choose between an event that they didn’t experience and have no sensation of, vs an event that they desperately want to experience.

‘Would you like me to tell you about that stunning woman I shagged 25 years ago again’, vs, ‘would you like to shag a stunning woman / man yourself’.

It’d be bizarre for anyone to choose the former.

And then there’ll be some older fans who do remember the treble, but value the state of Man Utd now as more important than past glories.

A better question would be - would you rather win the treble and the Glazers remain at the club, or not win it but they feck off?

Status
Not open for further replies.