Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voteon

Ok. I am not sure how anyone spending money on a ticket to go to a football match supports any vile laws in a country
The money from your ticket ultimately goes to the country with the vile laws, or to be precise, to its attendant PR pet project.

Whilst thousands of people suffer these vile
laws, thousands more think the aggressors are good people, because they bought Mbappe and 'yeah, but the West...' and playing 'Gotcha!'

Pretending this isn't happening is part and parcel of the process.

'It’s not a state bid'

It is in the Abramovich sense. Jassim is a known associate and affiliate of the ruling autocratic regime, and his position (nationalised bank) and wealth are by grace of the state. Remember, Qatar is a dictatorship. He will have to appease the Emir with every move.

Now, whereas RA did not buy Chelsea under Putin's direct command, it was part of the overall Russian government's charm offensive on Western assets.

So, although Jassim may or may not have been directly told to buy United, his capture of us is absolutely to sportswash Qatar's image and as a viable soft power tool, as is his promise to fix up the local area.

It is sportswashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: sizzling sausages

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Biggest news is that the UK press have said nothing

If they aren't denying the story there's something going on.
I’m not getting your logic here? Surely they would just report on it? They’re not all team Jim

Brophs

The One and Only
On the one hand, the British press know nothing. On the other, they know everything and are just involved in an industry wide cover up of a story so they can all release it at the same time, the exact opposite of what they want.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Let’s say the Qataris have agreed with the Glazers to buy 100% of the club for $35… if they are hell bent on buying 100%, what is stopping the market deciding they are actually $50 a share?

greenoffpearson

That’s what I am thinking. They would have quashed the Qatari rumours by now if there wasn’t any truth to them. Probably been told by the club to keep their mouths shut for now and will be given the green light to report it when they say.
With the news rooms i'd imagine it's like that episode of Succession when they are being pressured to call a state in favour of one of the candidates, based on rumour and personal gain.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Why are there only 2 pictures of Jassim?

Does he even exist?

Looks like an AI generated person.

yamo123x

Mind games , spin, BS, fake quotes, ... the whole process has been a circus with the Glazers the Ringmasters.

Just want it over and done with one way or another, dragged on for way too long.

Leg-End

Give us the denials UK press, this thread is ready for them to take it to the next level.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Only hope for who? you? There's millions of other people thinking the exact opposite.

I wouldn't rest your hopes on that, the PL won't do shjt, just look at City with their 115 FFP irregularities. Likewise other clubs won't say shjt either because they haven't said anything about City and their own funds aren't 100% legit.

Give it up mate, no one cares. Its about time you realised that football is a money game and once money is involved its game over for any kind of morals where human beings are concerned.

Its easier to just accept it, don't let it wind you up and enjoy your life in its own little bubble.
You do have to admire people taking a stand.

However, I do understand it's practically impossible to take ourselves completely off the moral radar as a person living in this day and age. We're consumed with smoke and fog around us everywhere.

glasgow 21

It's easy to see how some can so easily toss away any sense of morality for a bit of success when they see football clubs as little more than a plane ticket or a tank of fuel...

For others, clubs are a little bit more. Might be why it's difficult to understand for some of you.
Here we go again La La La La, at anyone other than your desired outcome and everyone else is morally corrupt. I will sleep well no matter who takes over.

No Utd fan has a say on the matter, any decision is firmly on the Glazers.

So instead of tearing moral strips of supporters on here, your time would be spent better on the leeches who have a valued the club as such, that there are only 2 very well financed bidders left in the room.

The club is nothing more than $$$$ to the Glazers and they couldn't care less who gets it other than bulging their bank accounts. It time for supporters to stop ridiculing each other over moralities.

The ownership of the club was morally bankrupt when they lodged the purchase off United in the form of debt, some 15 years ago.

We are fleas on a rock fighting over which dog is taking us to town today.

buchansleftleg

I can't say I'm delighted if it is to be Qatar....but to me they are the lesser of two bad choices.

SJR on his own or with some part time Glazer involvement is just essentially another leveraged buyout...but for way more money and with little real prospect of major long term investment. I'm not wanting to be seen to be supporting the Qatari regime or the values held on equality. However they will clear the debt and spend more on key infrastructure that will be there for generations...long after they have gone and maybe long after Qatar has begun to be more progressive in these areas.

For me the key is that the investment is sustainable in the long term, so I'm not interested in paying over the odds for talent, and I want a new stadium that is modern, progressive and is maintainable, rather than some sort of vanity project that becomes a millstone around our neck.

I would love there to be a more positive choice, but I always think about how a dynasty is likely to end....and I can only see a Ratcliffe/Glazer alliance ending in the club going into administration with huge debts and resulting points deductions or even relegations.

If, at some point in the future, Qatar becomes bored or disillusioned with Manchester United then they will look to sell for good value or just move certain "talent" into their newest toy like they may do with PSG. If we lose some superstar players then I'll be sad, but we've rebuilt this team time and again. We will however have invested in club infrastructure, rather than just painted rusty metal like the Glazers have been doing for over a decade.

I respect those that Qatar is too bitter a pill to swallow and can see why they believe that. For me they are the only hope we have of not ending up in a much worse financial situation.

EasyE

If its Qatar, the only hope would be that the PL doesn't sanction the deal through and other clubs protest regarding source of funds as it was rumored.
And this would do what? Diddly squat as Mr Clarkson would say. The PL have allowed Oligarchs, US tycoons and now Sheikhs (Abu Dhabi / Saudi) into the game, they can't just toss their hand up at Qatar, even if United is the PL marketing Crown Jewel. It may get a bit more scrutiny, but like everything in football it's not forever.

People also wanting Parliament to intervene, have no idea of Geo-Politics. Qatar are our biggest Far East ally, and one of the major non-NATO allies to both UK and US. If you search "UK and Qatar" there is even a mission statement outlining cooperation on shared interests. Qatar has also invested in Heathrow, Canary Wharf, Barclays, Sainsbury's and Harrods. Imagine the possible investment into the areas surround the club such as the Quays and Stretford? The government would prefer to invite a super state to fund the infrastructure so that they can the take praise for supporting the stalling 'Northern PowerHouse' project without providing all the coin. Their money is greatly received.

Just for the above reasons outlined above, we need a seismic sized treasury to refurb Old Trafford alone and bring it up to modern standards. My feeling is SJR has gone all out with the current offer, and that gives little confidence in what is set aside for the latter elephant in the room and squad overhaul.

Reactions: Sultan

mav_9me

Honestly surprised Simon is retweeting that. It's nothing really, just saying after hours there is movement in United share price based off takeover speculation. But I could have told you that. Unless I'm missing something.

Rooney24

Let’s say the Qataris have agreed with the Glazers to buy 100% of the club for $35… if they are hell bent on buying 100%, what is stopping the market deciding they are actually $50 a share?
Because $35 is already a huge premium and the market doesn't get to decide that.

EasyE

I can't say I'm delighted if it is to be Qatar....but to me they are the lesser of two bad choices.

SJR on his own or with some part time Glazer involvement is just essentially another leveraged buyout...but for way more money and with little real prospect of major long term investment. I'm not wanting to be seen to be supporting the Qatari regime or the values held on equality. However they will clear the debt and spend more on key infrastructure that will be there for generations...long after they have gone and maybe long after Qatar has begun to be more progressive in these areas.

For me the key is that the investment is sustainable in the long term, so I'm not interested in paying over the odds for talent, and I want a new stadium that is modern, progressive and is maintainable, rather than some sort of vanity project that becomes a millstone around our neck.

I would love there to be a more positive choice, but I always think about how a dynasty is likely to end....and I can only see a Ratcliffe/Glazer alliance ending in the club going into administration with huge debts and resulting points deductions or even relegations.

If, at some point in the future, Qatar becomes bored or disillusioned with Manchester United then they will look to sell for good value or just move certain "talent" into their newest toy like they may do with PSG. If we lose some superstar players then I'll be sad, but we've rebuilt this team time and again. We will however have invested in club infrastructure, rather than just painted rusty metal like the Glazers have been doing for over a decade.

I respect those that Qatar is too bitter a pill to swallow and can see why they believe that. For me they are the only hope we have of not ending up in a much worse financial situation.
All valid and good points. I've said as much in my last point. Agree x100.

BarstoolProphet

It's easy to see how some can so easily toss away any sense of morality for a bit of success when they see football clubs as little more than a plane ticket or a tank of fuel...

For others, clubs are a little bit more. Might be why it's difficult to understand for some of you.
We're getting back to the superior fan stuff now? Or does morals just apply when it comes to football clubs?

Pickle85

Here we go again La La La La, at anyone other than your desired outcome and everyone else is morally corrupt. I will sleep well no matter who takes over.

No Utd fan has a say on the matter, any decision is firmly on the Glazers.

So instead of tearing moral strips of supporters on here, your time would be spent better on the leeches who have a valued the club as such, that there are only 2 very well financed bidders left in the room.

The club is nothing more than $$$$ to the Glazers and they couldn't care less who gets it other than bulging their bank accounts. It time for supporters to stop ridiculing each other over moralities.

The ownership of the club was morally bankrupt when they lodged the purchase off United in the form of debt, some 15 years ago.

We are fleas on a rock fighting over which dog is taking us to town today.
Ah, that well known old saying.

mav_9me

If the glazers are getting 35$ a share, why would anyone else pay any more than that for the publicly traded shares? For the market "to decide" 50$ as price for a share, there must be people willing to buy at 50$. Why will anyone?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Because $35 is already a huge premium and the market doesn't get to decide that.
The market absolutely gets to decide that. The Glazers can’t sell what isn’t theirs. I know there are rules in place to force a sale at 75%/90% majority ownership on some exchanges and I’m not sure what the NYSE rules are or if it’s down to Cayman laws but if the shares rocketed up to $50 over the next week, it means diddly squat if the Glazers agreed to sell their own shares at $35.

Andy_Cole

Honestly surprised Simon is retweeting that. It's nothing really, just saying after hours there is movement in United share price based off takeover speculation. But I could have told you that. Unless I'm missing something.
Maybe I’m reading into this too much. I feel like he’s hinting it’s true without actually saying it is (as with the radio silence from UK news they’re not allowed yet?)

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
If the glazers are getting 35$ a share, why would anyone else pay any more than that for the publicly traded shares? For the market "to decide" 50$ as price for a share, there must be people willing to buy at 50$. Why will anyone?
If they think Qatar want to own 100% of the club so they can delist the company from the NYSE then it’s Qatar who will be interested in buying those shares. I’m not saying the Glazers want to buy anything.

jm99

Wow, this guy just gets it. Top red

Syphon Wallet

The market absolutely gets to decide that. The Glazers can’t sell what isn’t theirs. I know there are rules in place to force a sale at 75%/90% majority ownership on some exchanges and I’m not sure what the NYSE rules are or if it’s down to Cayman laws but if the shares rocketed up to $50 over the next week, it means diddly squat if the Glazers agreed to sell their own shares at $35.
Jassim would just wait for the price to settle before buying the A shares.

Not that it would happen, people would have to throw their money away to get the share price up to 50 for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.