Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Hmmm - not sure I agree that it's a good thread. Seems to be a very self righteous and condescending take on what it takes to be a United fan.

He is denigrating united fans who aren't local and using the rationale that since he knows international fans that agree with his thinking, his opinion is validated and correct.

Also - he is contradicting his own point by doing exactly this - "Telling other Utd fans what to think". I don't think using one random troll on Twitter is a good reason to imply other internal United don't understand what it means to support the club
Let's just call it what it is, an absolutely terrible take.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Good thread:

This would be kind of valid if we are in the early 90's where TV revenues aren't that huge (due to accessibility in some parts of the world) and before social media is a thing. Nowadays you have content creators, let alone football clubs, earning millions from online presence, so to downplay non match going fans is stupid. Imagine making Apple products and services only available in the US, that'd be about similar. What if Spotify starts blocking countries and say "we are for locals only, your free accounts from other parts of the world don't matter to us", sounds ridiculous? indeed it is, just like how this thread is.

Those followers number do matter, those posts you don't care about from @ManUtd actually matter. Imagine if United are only followed by match going fans on social media, that is a big chunk of money gone from sponsorships and more marketing money needed to reach out more people. Do you think during sponsorships deal the club representatives will show a pie chart and only highlighting about how many match going fans the club have annually? and why do you think they start putting highlights on Youtube to be available globaly? they didn't have to, after all if people need to sub to MUTV to watch highlights, it'll bring more revenue right? wrong. They do that and BTSports or other companies that have the rights to broadcast matches will just put it on YouTube for their own viewer counts, online presence and ultimately profits. Different era, different trends.

His point seems to be revolving around "stop voicing your opinion on social media about the take over if you aren't match going fans" which is silly. In the grand scheme of things, one tweet from a match going fan is no different than one tweet from a non match going fan. This guy needs to stop living in the past. As always, one who always moans about another people moaning is, ultimately no other than a moaner himself.

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Is it? I disagree with the OP. He's basically saying any fan who don't go to games are fair weather, glory hunting fans. This idea in itself is disrespectful to the club.
He mentions on plenty of occasions match going fans have a different perspective. He has not said any of the things you claim in your post.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Of course it’s a great thread. He’s literally been picked by United fans to represent their views. Hes a great spokesman for the club.

Sultan

Of course it’s a great thread. He’s literally been picked by United fans to represent their views. Hes a great spokesman for the club.
He's not a spokesman for the club. I doubt all MUST members will agree with his sentiment.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

1. Telling other Utd fans what to think
3. Slagging off other United fans when you know you wouldn't have the balls to even look their way if you saw them on the street

Well that's a bit rich isn't it?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He's not a spokesman for the club. I doubt all MUST members will agree with his sentiment.
He's been elected to represent fans' views for the club. By fee paying fans who have been fighting the Glazers for years and trying to improve the OT experience.

His views are literally by someone selected by other fans to be a custodian for the club's values.

Sultan

He's been elected to represent fans' views for the club. By fee paying fans who have been fighting the Glazers for years and trying to improve the OT experience.

His views are literally by someone selected by other fans to be a custodian for the club's values.
Again, he represents MUST. Not the club. Massive difference. Glazer's values and MUST have mostly been on a collision course for many years.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
All the bidders are presumably billionaires. So is he not in favor for any of them? Does in favor for one side is a fanboi now?
He favors Michael Knighton and his hostile bid, which is below 100 million.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
All the bidders are presumably billionaires. So is he not in favor for any of them? Does in favor for the lesser of three evils is a fanboi now?
There are literally people with Qatari flags on their profiles and desperate for Qatar to take over. That is what he is referring to.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There are literally people with Qatari flags on their profiles and desperate for Qatar to take over. That is what he is referring to.
Well, that could be Qatari people. But yeah, it would be really strange if they're just regular non-Qatari United fans having that as their profiles :lol:

Or probably they're just trollers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There's literally thousands of them. It is incredibly odd yes.
Probably paid accounts. There are so many businesses out there that are giving service as "followers".

Hell. I just don't like his tone on that tweet, but he probably knows a lot more than me on what's going on and feels the need to come out strongly.
Edit: Not just "probably". So the guy has some credibility.

AndySmith1990

1. Telling other Utd fans what to think
3. Slagging off other United fans when you know you wouldn't have the balls to even look their way if you saw them on the street

Well that's a bit rich isn't it?
Never thought I'd draw a connection between football and the dark souls community, but suddenly its all so clear what makes it so unbearable at times

Gatekeeping

If you're gatekeeping then just stop already. People can support which team they want. They can prefer whichever owner they want. They can support no one and switch between watching whoever they want. They can be glory hunters. They can be fair weather. At the end of the day it really makes no fecking meaningful difference to anything.

But telling someone how to think and behave isn't a good look. I'd rather go have a pint with a fair weather United fan who doesn't judge others, than a die hard fan whose an unbearable self righteous bellend

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He started off on his rant after a United fan said they would never want to go to Old Trafford because it was full of 79k drunkards.

gajender

His clause isn’t even active until July 1st.
His links with us are mostly driven by not so credible Italian Sources and were duly dismissed by Laurie Whitwell who happens to be one of the trusted source for man utd transfer info usually with direct line to Club .

So I am just going on that , for me He isn't currently an option for United might change in future but highly doubt that . We might Target a younger CB who can rotate with Varane in case Maguire leaves that would be my guess not some high profile name like Kim Min Jae .

sparx99

Never thought I'd draw a connection between football and the dark souls community, but suddenly its all so clear what makes it so unbearable at times

Gatekeeping

If you're gatekeeping then just stop already. People can support which team they want. They can prefer whichever owner they want. They can support no one and switch between watching whoever they want. They can be glory hunters. They can be fair weather. At the end of the day it really makes no fecking meaningful difference to anything.

But telling someone how to think and behave isn't a good look. I'd rather go have a pint with a fair weather United fan who doesn't judge others, than a die hard fan whose an unbearable self righteous bellend
I didn’t really get his point at all. It seemed to boil down to ‘I’ve made friends going to games’. Ok.

I just watched the cup final in a bar in Toronto with 500 other Utd fans. There were a lot of guys enjoying a pint together. I went by myself and actually made a friend that day who I’m going to watch the 1st game of the season with.

I’ve been to games many times & been a season ticket holder and even a paid member of MUST.

Would I rather go every week? Of course but life often prevents that. I don’t feel any less a fan for moving 3k miles away than I was a year ago. I don’t feel like the people who aren’t from Manchester are any less aware of Munich or the history of our youth academy.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I didn’t really get his point at all. It seemed to boil down to ‘I’ve made friends going to games’. Ok.

I just watched the cup final in a bar in Toronto with 500 other Utd fans. There were a lot of guys enjoying a pint together. I went by myself and actually made a friend that day who I’m going to watch the 1st game of the season with.

I’ve been to games many times & been a season ticket holder and even a paid member of MUST.

Would I rather go every week? Of course but life often prevents that. I don’t feel any less a fan for moving 3k miles away than I was a year ago. I don’t feel like the people who aren’t from Manchester are any less aware of Munich or the history of our youth academy.
He specifically says people don’t have to be from Manchester to get the club.

JohnnyKills

Gatekeeping

Agree.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good thread:

Guy sounds like a proper self-important prick. But coming from someone who's involved with MUST, who for years were being led by the Glazers' hierarchy by the nose is no surprise.

He can have his opinion but the club goes way beyond matchday attendance nowadays and that's the simple reality of it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think so, as I would still be a United fan. And I don't expect anyone else to stop being a United fan either.

I just won't be as happy supporting United under state ownership as I would be other ownership. And that would probably change the way I consume football, as the criticism United's ownership would correctly get in the media would be a drag. I wouldn't be on this forum any more for a start, as it would be easier to enjoy the actual football without being exposed to the constant noise.
I feel you, man. And thanks for being honest.

I don't know. If we win the League, I don't think the club ownership would make me less happier.

Himannv

I feel like that guy has overreacted and typed out an entire essay after reading some silly comment from a troll on Twitter. All international fans are not the same, and while he does try to add that as a disclaimer at the end of the tirade, it often sounds like he's grouping everyone into a single less-knowledgeable set of fans who wouldn't know anything about the club unless they are at OT every week.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He started off on his rant after a United fan said they would never want to go to Old Trafford because it was full of 79k drunkards.

So simply put he was trolled by someone with 44 followers and made a thread on twitter about it :lol:.
Don't let him go anywhere near Reddit. How did he get anywhere near MUST I have no idea.

Bosws87

Terrible take and he doesn’t speak for me or the club values and I haven’t elected him as a match going fan.

typical top red, bollocks.

stw2022

Hard to see how this doesn't make his position untenable. Triggered by a troll on Twitter and goaded into essentially saying he doesn't care what may members he's supposed to represent the views of, think.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Hard to see how this doesn't make his position untenable. Triggered by a troll on Twitter and goaded into essentially saying he doesn't care what may members he's supposed to represent the views of, think.
What the hell is going on here at RedCafe.
his position untenable? Top red cock?

What is wrong with some of you?

Himannv

He specifically says people don’t have to be from Manchester to get the club.
He's not saying that - he's saying he doesn't care about the opinion of someone who doesn't go to games. Not sure how that's ok, particularly considering he's supposed to represent United fans in general (match-going or otherwise). Perhaps he means something else, but it sure doesn't sound like it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's not saying that - he's saying he doesn't care about the opinion of someone who doesn't go to games. Not sure how that's ok, particularly considering he's supposed to represent United fans in general (match-going or otherwise). Perhaps he means something else, but it sure doesn't sound like it.

"and don't intend to go there".

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
What the hell is going on here at RedCafe.
his position untenable? Top red cock?

What is wrong with some of you?
I don't think that what he has written is particularly well put and he does come across as being a bit superior, but I get his point, which is fans support the club in different ways and have different experiences and expectations.

The way I read it, he is fed up with the "buy this star", "announce Mbappe," "spend billions" style tweets that you see all the time, his mistake is maybe splitting this between match going fans and foreign fans, whereas it is far more nuanced than that, what he should do is split it between angry twats and fans.

There are plenty of examples in this thread of posters laughing at people worried about a Qatari take over or the other way around, I imagine he has rightly had enough of that.

Micky Targaryen

Fecking hell, we're back to this superior fan bullshit again. Yes I know he didn't specifically mention the term superior fan but you know what he's trying to reach. It's so fecking cringeworthy for adult fans to talk like this. It's football FFS the club, players, board, owners don't even know who you are no matter how superior of a fan you may think you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.