Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp88

Best if you follow the Finance reporters going forward, the sports lot might have inside info on where Mbappe going but this is a multiple billion pound buy out which is about to go down.

Godfather

Yeah Simon it hasn't been granted yet. Just as Reuters said. They are however, already negotiating exclusivity.

Leg-End

The Reuters article really does seem like a Raine message of "going once, going twice..."

Diadoras

We were told that both sides were being prepared to win or complete. That's exactly what's happening here. I have no doubts that Qatar are in advanced negotiations for exclusivity. That's what the process is. It's also no more than that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Youve been on a roll in this thread, great post putting into words what everyone against this feels. It's tainted. All the pride, happiness, joy - it's all tainted with them because even on the odd 1% chance it isn't true, everyone will believe it's true, just as you say for City. Who the feck actually wants that?
It must be difficult to go through life having every 1% chance of something happening ruin your feelings about occurrences.

Seems incredibly pessimistic

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It will happen. It’s inevitable. It might not be right away, but it will. We will one day be involved in a transfer, or a re-development, or a something which requires us to spend more than we’d budgeted for, or should be able to spend, and the people that own us, who’ve never had to deal with not getting their way or encountered a problem they couldn’t solve with money, will find a way to get that money used for their gain….

Just like City did, despite it being perfectly possible to grow them more organically over time, just like Newcastle are already doing with their sponsors, despite already being a more “marketable” team than City were, and just like Qatar themselves did with the Neymar & Mbappe deals that broke the transfer market, or the World Cup bid that saw 7 FIFA officials arrested in the aftermath and a criminal investigation opened into the bidding process FFS!

it will happen. And all the same people will excuse it and defend it, precisely because being Man Utd will be the perfect cover for it, and a much more easily defendable reason for spending ludicrous sums. And even if it doesn’t, there will always be doubts as to whether it had. That’s tainting. It’s what tainting is. City haven’t been “convicted” of anything yet, but their success is tainted because everyone already believes they have.
So yes, it will happen.

You think it’s annoying having “moralists” in our own fanbase now? You’re gonna get bored of “defending” it. And of seeing everyone portray our non-state owned rivals as “proper” clubs and the moral victors whenever they beat us.

That’s the trade off. It’s absolutely fine to some, I’m sure. Many even. And being resigned to it is perfectly fine. But forgive me if I find the celebration and pre-emptive defence of it pretty gross, and entirely alien to how I engage with supporting this club, and my love of football in general.

And forgive me if I don’t in good faith think that a lot (not all) of people now pretending it’s all because of their newly found rabid hatred of the Glazers (no Glazer thread on this site has ever been as long or contentious as this!) wouldnt have been the same people dismissing or laughing at those who initially opposed them… because the snarky “I wonder whether those pesky moralists will still support the club or feck off!?” rhetoric sounds exactly like some past insults lobbied at United fans during a takeover… and it wasn’t by those against it.
Great post.

RuudTom83

Haha the media are running round trying to out do themselves on who knows what...answer they know feck all! as per usual.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's nothing conflicting there, unfortunately. They are negotiating exclusivity, they don't have it yet so both are correct. We are living in a prayer that Ratcliffe comes in with a new 11th hour bid to stop it from happening basically.

Zed 101

Youve been on a roll in this thread, great post putting into words what everyone against this feels. It's tainted. All the pride, happiness, joy - it's all tainted with them because even on the odd 1% chance it isn't true, everyone will believe it's true, just as you say for City. Who the feck actually wants that?
Simple don't let how you feel be defined by other people, if you live your life worrying about what other people think I feel bad for you :smirk:

Castia

Rio's news...then the UK company holding news....now Reuters reporting they're about to enter exclusivity all within a couple of hours

Soak it all up its done

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah Simon it hasn't been granted yet. Just as Reuters said. They are however, already negotiating exclusivity.
Also as Reuters suggested unless they have the same anonymous source, no one is going to openly confirm to Simon Stone something that is supposed to be confidential.

cyberman

What’s with the thread title? Nobody has argued they aren’t negotiating exclusivity, have they?

MTF

Best if you follow the Finance reporters going forward, the sports lot might have inside info on where Mbappe going but this is a multiple billion pound buy out which is about to go down.
It's as someone said before, the financial reporters at places like The Financial Times, Reuters, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and others, are the ones that brokers and executives already use when they want something to be known/send a message.

sparx99

Good post. I was naively clinging onto the idea that Jassim wasn't state backed. But yeh. We are about to become the flag bearer for what has essentially killed football. Weird feeling.

Ah come on. There's sticking your head in the sand and then there's this. This is their MO and has been for years. Telling yourself this time will be different despite every shred of evidence telling you otherwise, purely because it's United, is incredibly fanciful.
Cheating or circumvention of FFP at City and PSG was 'necessary' for them to be successful. Why would you do that if you don't need to? I wouldn't be surprised if Utd is just left to function as self-sustaining under Qatari ownership.

Outside of infrastructure improvements and the debt paid off, we don't need any financial support on sponsorships or transfer budgets. We already match anyone out there and our revenue would boom if ETH can get us challenging for the PL & CL.

Castia

Simon Stone is saying that talks are still ongoing with multiple parties so how could they be negotiating exclusively?
This is beyond the sports journalists mate they are clueless at this stage of a multi billion pound business deal the club wont feed them a thing.

mu4c_20le

Simon Stone is saying that talks are still ongoing with multiple parties so how could they be negotiating exclusively?
Think of it this way: the Glazers and Raine are talking about giving exclusivity

keyword is exclusivity not exclusively

rajds89

This is getting so tedious now. I’m almost at the point where I just don’t care who they sell the club to now so long as they just feck off in to oblivion. How’s it’s taken this long to still only be talking to interested parties is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.