Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

There must be some other reason why this hasn’t proceeded - it certainly doesn’t make them (Glazers) look like good businessmen and also doesn’t look good on the Raine Group either? Neither reputations will be enhanced by this process.

In terms of trying to squeeze more cash out - im sure if it was as simple as - ‘it’s this price or nothing’ then the deal would have been completed or collapsed either way - im amazed also that both SJR and SJ have not just said feck this I’m out and just given up…..

Therefore there has to have been really tangible incentives and encouragement to continue the process and to have kept so quiet and tight to the NDA by not releasing anything……

And I do not believe that there is a shortage of transfer funds available because of the deal - clearly anything that the club spends will just be added to the sale anyway as ongoing business.

The big problem fir us is that all clubs think that with the sale in the pipeline we are are being offered serious inflated prices for everyone….

Moreover - we need to SHIFT deadwood salaries off of our books - we have an enormous wage bill that is hindering our ability in the market…..selling Iqbal for £1m does nothing…..

Maguire, Martial, Bailey, DDG, Telles, Henderson, Fred - WILL make a difference.

And the reason Arsenal can spend a lot this summer is that they haven’t given out ridiculous salaries to the likes of the above over the last few years.

We are still suffering from the Woodwood era….
It will if them dragging it out leads to a higher sale price than they would have got from a quick sale, no?

I doubt the Glazers care about the reputation of Raine.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There must be some other reason why this hasn’t proceeded - it certainly doesn’t make them (Glazers) look like good businessmen and also doesn’t look good on the Raine Group either? Neither reputations will be enhanced by this process.
People really need to separate their experience of the Glazers running a football club vs the realities of business.

None of their business contemporaries are looking at the Glazers and thinking “wow I don’t want to do business with them”. As much as it pains me to say it they are going to be looking at this and saying “they’re selling a very valuable business, they have more than one party eager to buy it and they are driving a hard auction and are likely to fetch somewhere in the region of double it’s enterprise value”. and that will earn nothing but respect from their peers. Raine group will be rewarded accordingly for how they have handled the process and their reputation will see a boost.

Zed 101

In terms of trying to squeeze more cash out - im sure if it was as simple as - ‘it’s this price or nothing’ then the deal would have been completed or collapsed either way - im amazed also that both SJR and SJ have not just said feck this I’m out and just given up…..

Therefore there has to have been really tangible incentives and encouragement to continue the process and to have kept so quiet and tight to the NDA by not releasing anything……

And I do not believe that there is a shortage of transfer funds available because of the deal - clearly anything that the club spends will just be added to the sale anyway as ongoing business.

The big problem fir us is that all clubs think that with the sale in the pipeline we are are being offered serious inflated prices for everyone….

Moreover - we need to SHIFT deadwood salaries off of our books - we have an enormous wage bill that is hindering our ability in the market…..selling Iqbal for £1m does nothing…..

Maguire, Martial, Bailey, DDG, Telles, Henderson, Fred - WILL make a difference.

And the reason Arsenal can spend a lot this summer is that they haven’t given out ridiculous salaries to the likes of the above over the last few years.

We are still suffering from the Woodwood era….
I fear even with new owners the inertia will have an ongoing affect for some time, the Club has been systematically drained and mismanaged for short term gains that it will have the turning circle of a ocean liner

GoldanoGraham

People really need to separate their experience of the Glazers running a football club vs the realities of business.

None of their business contemporaries are looking at the Glazers and thinking “wow I don’t want to do business with them”. As much as it pains me to say it they are going to be looking at this and saying “they’re selling a very valuable business, they have more than one party eager to buy it and they are driving a hard auction and are likely to fetch somewhere in the region of double it’s enterprise value”. and that will earn nothing but respect from their peers. Raine group will be rewarded accordingly for how they have handled the process and their reputation will see a boost.
They are going to get a huge enterprise value anyway - it’s the way they are doing it that will make them look poor - it wouldn’t be hard for them to make a statement along the lines of:

‘We want x amount and we will then sell….so far we’ve only been offered y amount - and we ain’t selling for that’. Ends all the speculation then?

They are making themselves look like a bunch of complete arseholes - they are being continually bad mouthed and run down in the media - don’t care what anyone says that they don’t care - I'm sure they and their families do.

How they have conducted themselves during this process just feeds the narrative, irrespective of their outcome.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
They are going to get a huge enterprise value anyway - it’s the way they are doing it that will make them look poor - it wouldn’t be hard for them to make a statement along the lines of:

‘We want x amount and we will then sell….so far we’ve only been offered y amount - and we ain’t selling for that’. Ends all the speculation then?

They are making themselves look like a bunch of complete arseholes - they are being continually bad mouthed and run down in the media - don’t care what anyone says that they don’t care - I'm sure they and their families do.

How they have conducted themselves during this process just feeds the narrative, irrespective of their outcome.
It’s a private sale with NDAs. I appreciate we are all invested with it and there is a load of journalists and pundits weighing in with their own opinions and frustrations but they’re under no obligation to say anything publicly and actually obligated to say nothing.

£6bn valuation is what was leaked before the process started and nobody has offered that. It was recognised for what it was - a negotiation position not a RRP.

You don’t have to appreciate their position but it would help you to understand it. They are not Man United fans, they are cold business people looking to exit with the maximum value for their shares. Nobody in the business world is going to begrudge them that.

dacore

Darcie to Avram and Joel: - "Take the money you greedy motherfeckers!"

Zora

Feck me; first Nick Speed and now Nice Martin. Never heard of these people before and since Utd’s potential takeover announcement they’re all coming out of the woodwork. Talk about profiting from the name Manchester United. At least it’s still obvious we’re an absolute behemoth of a football club. Glazers can’t and won’t ever change that.

And everyone knows it’s not official news until the Muppetiers say so.

cyberman

Feck me; first Nick Speed and now Nice Martin. Never heard of these people before and since Utd’s potential takeover announcement they’re all coming out of the woodwork. Talk about profiting from the name Manchester United. At least it’s still obvious we’re an absolute behemoth of a football club. Glazers can’t and won’t ever change that.

Nice-Matin is a popular newspaper from France according to a 10 second google search. Very reliable for Nice news apparently

laughtersassassin

Obviously as long as this ends in a sale it's a long term positive for th club's future but feck me this not being done by now is very likely gonna feck ETH over this season

cyberman

At some point it will be true or is true. One of the bidders stand to lose and hopefully soon.
I agree but it seems every time there’s an update in Qatars favour we are quickly told how it’s not reliable, not that important or not verified by a someone else etc.
That French publication is followed by Nice themselves so it has some weight behind it. It’s the second French publication in a week that has said their bid is faltering.
I really can’t wait until this is all over.

Markus3

With regards to the takeover and FFP or FSP, whichever one it is called now

When one of the two bidders take over, hopefully soon. It has been stated that we will have a limited budget in the transfer window.

However if you remember we are actually looking for a new shirt sponsor, which I assume would be associated with the winning bidder, and before anybody says it has to be fair value, as we have already broken records for shirt sponsorship ie chevrolet

Is it inconceivable that we again break the record for shirt sponsorship, which will give us a massive war chest?

mufc_sd

MANAGERIAL UNCERTAINTY AT NICE AMIDST INEOS’ ATTEMPTS TO PURCHASE MANCHESTER UNITED
GFFN said:
As reported by L’Équipe and Nice-Matin, the identity of OGC Nice’s next manager remains unknown, with the former stating that Régis Le Bris, who is the most strongly linked to Les Aiglons, may not be the club’s first choice.The situation has been described as “complex.”

Didier Digard, who took over from Lucien Favre mid-season, will be replaced in the dugout of the Allianz Riviera this summer. Many names have been linked with the job, but an appointment is yet to be made. Graham Potter was at one point the favourite, and as reported by Get French Football News, INEOS Sporting Director Dave Brailsford was pushing for the former Chelsea manager’s arrival.

However, with Brailsford’s focus on the purchase of Manchester United, his influence at Nice has waned, and that deal has seemingly been abandoned. Le Bris then emerged as the leading contender, however, FC Lorient and particularly their president Loïc Féry are unkeen to part ways with their manager. The deal which saw Terem Moffi move from Les Merlus to Nice in January has soured relationships between the two clubs.

L’Équipe now reports, however, that internal sources at Nice are insistent that Le Bris is not the club’s number one choice. Whilst Nice continue to watch the evolving situation at Lorient, other candidates are being studied. Le Gym are looking for a “young, creative” manager, whose style is consistent with that proposed by Nice Sporting Director Florent Ghisolfi’s former club, RC Lens.

In the past weeks, names such as Marcelino, who now looks set to take over at Olympique de Marseille, and Marcelo Gallardo, who almost joined Les Phocéens have been considered.

Nice-Matin have added that Ghisolfi “isn’t short of ideas” for the club’s new manager, adding that Digard’s successor will “very likely” be Francophone. As reported by L’Équipe earlier in June, the uncertainty surrounding INEOS’ potential takeover of Manchester United is and will continue to affect Nice’s transfer plans, such uncertainty can also have knock-on effects across the club’s structure.
"Whilst the negotiations over the purchase of Manchester United remain open, an air of uncertainty looms over Nice, whose summer transfer plans would be affected by the success or failure of the deal"

Glad we can bring someone down with us.

crossy1686

career ending
The best thing that could happen now is one bidder pulls out and the other threatens to walk unless the deal gets done before the end of the month. At the moment the Glazers hold all the cards.

grahamo

Why don't both bidders tell the Glazers to shove it and sit back and eat popcorn while the share price plummets. It will then plummet even further when the publicity from the fan protests is shown by news channels all over the world. Then the bidders can come back with a cheeky take it or leave it bid and get the club for half price

Woziak

My take and it’s probably wrong ;

1. After Qatari 5th and final bid which I think was more than reported but SJ said ok we’ll give you £5.4/5.5bn providing it’s done in 2 weeks this was the final Bid now made on or around the 7th June after Naser Al Khalelfi (PSG CEO) was asked to intervene.

2. The Glazers through the Raine Group got back in touch and said your very close can you go up a little bit more to the Qatar bid, they said no and after the 2 weeks they would potentially pull out. The Raine Group went back to Qatari and said ok we’ll do the deal but if we offer you exclusivity you have to pay a little extra like £5.6/5.7bn, Qatar said yes. Then the leaks came out last week first from a Qatar new publication (Later flagged as a hoax) then Rio, then finally Reuters, then the tabloids started to do a full 180 on SJR side and started to predict a Qatari win and the shares soared to $25. The caveat was also stated that SJR could still win with a new bid but he was running out of time.

3. A Silent weekend, probably mostly due to strict NDA’s but also a lot of bad press about SJR, leveraged buy outs, poor Nice records, a huge potential libel and law suite from the 31% minority share holders should he win pathing the way for a SJ/Qatari win, even informing us that SJR would have more issues with Uefa and EPL Director fit and proper test.

4. Early this week, shares dropped but still stable at just under $24 as the 5th and final Qatar bid was coming up to the 2 week deadline, Reports now stated that finally INEOS are losing confidence of wining, the old proverb “he who talks first normally loses!”

5. Conclusion we are in the home straight, but greedy Joel and Avram have probably said we just can’t do it unless we get £6bn so either Qatar relent and give in or they just walk away!

Woziak

Why don't both bidders tell the Glazers to shove it and sit back and eat popcorn while the share price plummets. It will then plummet even further when the publicity from the fan protests is shown by news channels all over the world. Then the bidders can come back with a cheeky take it or leave it bid and get the club for half price
Simply because the Goblins with CL football this year could potentially make a profit next year if ETH was super successful say Fa Cup win, CL 1/2 and Top 3 with 80 points plus, they are stupid enough to do this, plus this season too 5 qualifies for CL, they would be confident of that under ETH

soralapio

I read the last two pages and I don’t understand the panic?
The panic is that it's the end of June, and we have made zero (0) signings and there's a very real fear that we won't be making any until the deal is sorted, which is predicted to take several weeks from when the Glazers announce a preferred bidder, and there's no sign of even THAT happening any time soon.

At this point it's starting to look quite likely that we will once again be panic scrambling in August, while our competitors and rivals are already strengthening. Without the right signings we're going to be fecked next season.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
My take and it’s probably wrong ;

1. After Qatari 5th and final bid which I think was more than reported but SJ said ok we’ll give you £5.4/5.5bn providing it’s done in 2 weeks this was the final Bid now made on or around the 7th June after Naser Al Khalelfi (PSG CEO) was asked to intervene.

2. The Glazers through the Raine Group got back in touch and said your very close can you go up a little bit more to the Qatar bid, they said no and after the 2 weeks they would potentially pull out. The Raine Group went back to Qatari and said ok we’ll do the deal but if we offer you exclusivity you have to pay a little extra like £5.6/5.7bn, Qatar said yes. Then the leaks came out last week first from a Qatar new publication (Later flagged as a hoax) then Rio, then finally Reuters, then the tabloids started to do a full 180 on SJR side and started to predict a Qatari win and the shares soared to $25. The caveat was also stated that SJR could still win with a new bid but he was running out of time.

3. A Silent weekend, probably mostly due to strict NDA’s but also a lot of bad press about SJR, leveraged buy outs, poor Nice records, a huge potential libel and law suite from the 31% minority share holders should he win pathing the way for a SJ/Qatari win, even informing us that SJR would have more issues with Uefa and EPL Director fit and proper test.

4. Early this week, shares dropped but still stable at just under $24 as the 5th and final Qatar bid was coming up to the 2 week deadline, Reports now stated that finally INEOS are losing confidence of wining, the old proverb “he who talks first normally loses!”

5. Conclusion we are in the home straight, but greedy Joel and Avram have probably said we just can’t do it unless we get £6bn so either Qatar relent and give in or they just walk away!
That’s just about my take too. I think it’s all gone silent because finer details are being agreed around the exclusive period and that’s maybe being slow walked while they give Ratcliffe enough time to raise more money or withdraw from the process.

Woziak

Upping your bid will instantly fix this Jim Bob
What even more debt so we are asking our new potential owner to use INEOS to increase the debt further on the Parent Group but ultimately it’s debt to buy a club still in debt which was bought and ultimately and fecked by debt 18 years ago in an economy about to go into a recession.

At first, I did like SJR more until he said he’s keeping the Goblins and he’s using loans to buy the club, just imagine if he crippled the club with £3 or £4 billon debt on top of the £535m we owe already, eighteen years ago Malcolm Glazer said the debt was temporary and with the huge profits the club made, the debt would be cleared in 7-8 years, he lied and unfortunately most united fans now think you are lying too Mr Ratcliffe?

crossy1686

career ending
What even more debt so we are asking our new potential owner to use INEOS to increase the debt further on the Parent Group but ultimately it’s debt to buy a club still in debt which was bought and ultimately and fecked by debt 18 years ago in an economy about to go into a recession.

At first, I did like SJR more until he said he’s keeping the Goblins and he’s using loans to buy the club, just imagine if he crippled the club with £3 or £4 billon debt on top of the £535m we owe already, eighteen years ago Malcolm Glazer said the debt was temporary and with the huge profits the club made, the debt would be cleared in 7-8 years, he lied and unfortunately most united fans now think you are lying too Mr Ratcliffe?
I’m not too fussed on the outcome to be honest, as long as it’s resolved before all the transfer business is done. I would prefer the option that doesn’t involve us taking on any debt but we’ve not heard the details of Jim’s plans yet so I’ll reserve judgement until things become clearer.

However, my original comment was based on them thinking they’ve been kept out of the loop or they’re about to miss out, and he can fix that if he really wants to, just pay more. The Glazers are actual reptiles and they act on instinct so it’s easy to predict what they’re going to do.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I prefer House Martin

Woziak

I’m not too fussed on the outcome to be honest, as long as it’s resolved before all the transfer business is done. I would prefer the option that doesn’t involve us taking on any debt but we’ve not heard the details of Jim’s plans yet so I’ll reserve judgement until things become clearer.

However, my original comment was based on them thinking they’ve been kept out of the loop or they’re about to miss out, and he can fix that if he really wants to, just pay more. The Glazers are actual reptiles and they act on instinct so it’s easy to predict what they’re going to do.
Let’s hope all we want as united fans is for the Glazers to go and if it’s SJ I’m ok with that because if at his core he’s truly a united fan he will only want the best for the club, not to use it as a personal ATM like the Goblins have, debt we must get rid of the debt, Arsenal can spend £200-300m this summer because they have a rich owner and no debt, let that sink in they can go buy Declan Rice, Julian Timber and others whilst we scrimp and scrape enough sales to buy 3rd and 4th choices , eventually that’s what debt does even to a super club like United!

Cloud7

I should know better than to open the thread until the title has been changed because it’s unlikely anything will have happened, and yet here I am

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Let’s hope all we want as united fans is for the Glazers to go and if it’s SJ I’m ok with that because if at his core he’s truly a united fan he will only want the best for the club, not to use it as a personal ATM like the Goblins have, debt we must get rid of the debt, Arsenal can spend £200-300m this summer because they have a rich owner and no debt, let that sink in they can go buy Declan Rice, Julian Timber and others whilst we scrimp and scrape enough sales to buy 3rd and 4th choices , eventually that’s what debt does even to a super club like United!
Lets wait and see how much Arsenal spend vs us, no point in speculating - even with debt we have spent vast amounts in the transfer market recently (and certainly far more than Arsenal over 5 or 10 years) so its never really held us back apart from perhaps the last winter window

Although some fans will have a preference on Jim vs Jassim, I think the vast majority of our fans just want this takeover done either way by this point.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn’t it regional? I can’t see how this is true.
Yes, it's a local paper and yes they are reliable for Nice information. Generally local papers are more reliable in France when it comes to sport, with the only exception of RMCsport and the Midi Olympique(Le Midol) in Rugby.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I should know better than to open the thread until the title has been changed because it’s unlikely anything will have happened, and yet here I am
It's a cruel addiction at this stage. I put it on ignore for a few days, but relented and opened it again. Then again, I want to see it reach 2000 pages, so the more spamming the better!

Cloud7

It's a cruel addiction at this stage. I put it on ignore for a few days, but relented and opened it again. Then again, I want to see it reach 2000 pages, so the more spamming the better!
We’ll definitely reach there. We occupy so many pages with the same circular discussions that have been going on since the start, and combined with the slow rate of progression on this, this thread has a long way to go. Then of course when there is an eventual announcement there will be an explosion of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.