Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Some silly rumours on twitter that announcement will be today so there's something if you are desperate.

greenoffpearson

It seems that the matter has moved to another stage.

Previously all groups were leaking, Jassim to Keegan, Sir Jim to the Times and most recently Raine to Reuters.

The last week or so there have been no leaks, literally nothing.

Why would they all have stopped in unison?

Acquire Me

Previously all groups were leaking, Jassim to Keegan, Sir Jim to the Times and most recently Raine to Reuters.

I would think(read hope) that it's because they are about to conclude the deal with either Jassim or Sir Jim.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Actually last week we heard:
  • Ratcliffe is less confident about his chances​
  • Ratcliffe will use the funding he has secured to improve Nice if his bid is unsuccessful

resimad7

I think it’s obvious all parties have had a stern telling off from Raine over the abundant leaks 2 weeks ago. No leaks from here on out due to the effects on the stock market they have.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yeah there’s a reason it’s all gone quiet. When bids were going in and negotiations were happening there was loads of tactical leaks.
i’ve got a friend who has worked in rain before and he says the only thing that’s left to be ironed out is who keeps maguire.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
i’ve got a friend who has worked in rain before and he says the only thing that’s left to be ironed out is who keeps maguire.
Like a grotesque foster child caught in the middle of an ugly divorce

Piabetic

Probably just a game of billionaire chicken going on to see which of the two bidders cracks first and gives them the extra 500m or whatever they want to relax their death grip on the club. They do have a knack of sucking the enjoyment out of every situation. Jacobs will be going through cold turkey right now having not appeared on any YouTube fan channels for at least a week.

romufc

When was the last day that Twitter didn't have rumours that the announcement was going to be announced?
Exactly, there will always be a Twitter ITK that says announcement today, its more taking it by chance than anything credible.

If there was an announcement due, there would be alot more rumours about this.

oz insomniac

The Glazer vampires continue to suck the life out of the club and it’s future.

I would think a lot of overseas supporters are following what I do now, check to see if any progress on the sale has been made so the club can get on with life. I look every 48 hours if it’s not on our sports news here in Sydney, sigh and realise that improving the club will not happen until their vice like grip around the neck of the club is gone.

They have managed to suck the fun out of following what was the biggest club in the world, just F**k off already, take your money and sink into the tar pits from which you emerged.

croadyman

I would think(read hope) that it's because they are about to conclude the deal with either Jassim or Sir Jim.
Desperately want it to be Jassim because can start work on improving stadium and training facilities pretty much immediately

Woziak

The longer this goes on, the more I think the extremely complicated Ineos deal is being favoured over the relatively simple buy-out option offered by Qatar. The former would take an inordinately long period to finalise.

The third and "final" round of bidding took place on 28 April - that we are still here more than 8 weeks later with no clearer idea of what is happening, is a bit farcical.
The problem with the INEOS bid is the potential law suits from the minority share holders which would also mean the Glazers would also have issues with the NYSE for allowing this type of Merger to be allowed, there is another board meeting scheduled tomorrow and the Glazers will be given another vote of no confidence, my hunch is something was agreed with SJ last week but only verbally, leaks dropped of this being done, which it was not and the Glazers, through Raine reminded the Qataris of NDA, they also leaked that SJR could put up a higher final bid but the more incriminating leaks were being published by the media that SJR couldn’t go any higher and he would have huge problems with the NYSE and minority share holders. The Glazers obviously went back to SJ and said another £200-300m it’s yours and he stood his ground and said no, so we now have another 2-3 weeks or until either SJ or SJR pulls out or the Glazers give in, but those fans expecting something today or this week are living in an alternate universe, more pain, more delay more greed from the goblins. The only way this gets done quickly is the Uk Government in collaboration with the EPL say that all debt owed by a PL football team over £500m must be settled by August 31st 2023!

cyberman

If Jim was ahead it would be briefed as such so Qatar would be tempted to bid again imo.
fecking Keegan etc saying it would have moved on last week. Starting to think all early ITK lost their sources

Infra-red

If Jim was ahead it would be briefed as such so Qatar would be tempted to bid again imo.
fecking Keegan etc saying it would have moved on last week. Starting to think all early ITK lost their sources
I don't think anybody in the media is really "ITK" on this. Both Ineos and Qatar hired London-based PR firms early on to do their bidding for them. Keegan will just be waiting around for Hanover to call him up with some more info.

cyberman

I don't think anybody in the media is really "ITK" on this. Both Ineos and Qatar hired London-based PR firms early on to do their bidding for them. Keegan will just be waiting around for Hanover to call him up with some more info.
He was good early on but then he and The Times clearly share the same source now since their stories come out at exactly the same time.
Not sure if Keegan lost his early source or used back channels to piggy back another

Status
Not open for further replies.