Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

This is the news that’ll keep this page ticking along. Doubt we hear anything for another few weeks again, followed by some improved confidence!

Woodzy

When I think of Bloomberg I think of Cartoon Network. I swear the Sky channels used to be close to each other back in the day.

Make of that what you will.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Which time is it that they are "confident"? Sixth? Tenth? INEOS have also been confident on many occasions.
First time any bidder has been confident they have won rather than winning.

The fact it’s a reputable source too.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
FFP is based on total revenue, not profit. So paying off debt or not having interest payments won't make a difference.

The only way to increase this is to increase revenue (new sponsorship deal for example), or sell players.
What? No...

The new rules from this year look at the gap between revenue generated and debt owed for old transfers as well as wages. So, yes, it does matter.

Ken Barlow

From https://www.omm.com/resources/alert...erial-news-by-listed-companies/?sc_lang=zh-CN:

The current version of Section 202.06 requires listed companies to provide notice to the NYSE ten minutes in advance of the release of material news, if the information is scheduled to be released during market hours (between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time) or “shortly before” the opening of trading on the exchange (between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Eastern time). The amendments extend the pre-market hours during which companies must give notice to the NYSE before announcing material news by requiring listed companies to notify the NYSE of any announcements made at or after 7:00 a.m. Eastern time. Accordingly, pursuant to the amendments, NYSE-listed companies will be required to notify the NYSE at least ten minutes before the release of any material news between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time
Stock market closes 30 mins after AGM starts... interesting...

RedDevil@84

Did British media already call BS on this? Or was that sharp reaction reserved only for the Reuters news.

BarstoolProphet

Reuters and Bloomberg are both very solid. Only source more reliable than them is Chilevision, but they have not reported on this takeover for some reason.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don’t think it means that. Raised future outlook in this context means that the company has given a higher guidance for revenue (£640m) for the whole year as compared to £580m. I hope you are right and the sale is imminent.
I understand that, but I'm guessing buyers of shares wouldn't be interested in long term guidance given the impending sale after which the company would presumably be taken private. Therefore, any fluctuations in the stock price going forward are almost exclusively going to be driven by perceptions of who is going to buy the club (if Qatar it goes up dramatically, if INEOS it probably goes back down into the teens).

Woodzy

Reuters and Bloomberg are both very solid. Only source more reliable than them is Chilevision, but they have not reported on this takeover for some reason.
The only time I generally believe a source is when they write it onto a player's football.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
When I think of Bloomberg I think of Cartoon Network. I swear the Sky channels used to be close to each other back in the day.

Make of that what you will.
Scale of 1-10 how confident are you that you are not in fact thinking of the kids Sky TV channel 'Boomerang'?

Ahriman

I first read that as Chucklevision :lol:

The way this sale process has gone, it honestly wouldn't shock me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The guys who wrote the bloomberg article are just the floor below mine. Might give them a visit :lol:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Meh.

We’ve been here before lads, many times.

Until / Unless a proper announce is made all focus should remain upon the Glazers’ releasing funds and supporting ETH.

They own the club and should be running it - DON’T LET THEM OFF THE HOOK.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
In 5/10 years of Sir Jim, people will regret welcoming him without any questioning as we’re hovering around midtable still in debt whilst Newcastle and City are hoovering up trophies.
Where did I mention Jim?

Why can't people be critical of both? When did we all become so easily won over?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The guys who wrote the bloomberg article are just the floor below mine. Might give them a visit :lol:
Please do! Journalists are famously loose about revealing sources so it’s definitely worth it!

putzmcgee123

Well, not really, considering we already have actual fans.
It feels like this point has been talked to death enough times over the past 7 months that anyone who still does not see the distinction never will.

Manchester City were nothing until oil money. That defines who they are. Man Utd are who we are regardless of our ownership, as the Glazer era has demonstrated. Our history and support is not rooted in our ownership. That's without even mentioning that wealthy Middle Eastern ownership does not have to mean fraud and FFP breaches, particularly if one were to compare the true revenues of 115 FC and MUFC.

klayton88

From https://www.omm.com/resources/alert...erial-news-by-listed-companies/?sc_lang=zh-CN:

The current version of Section 202.06 requires listed companies to provide notice to the NYSE ten minutes in advance of the release of material news, if the information is scheduled to be released during market hours (between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time) or “shortly before” the opening of trading on the exchange (between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Eastern time). The amendments extend the pre-market hours during which companies must give notice to the NYSE before announcing material news by requiring listed companies to notify the NYSE of any announcements made at or after 7:00 a.m. Eastern time. Accordingly, pursuant to the amendments, NYSE-listed companies will be required to notify the NYSE at least ten minutes before the release of any material news between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time
This is the muppetiest of all muppet posts.

Dazzmondo

"Confident of winning" means nothing to me. Been hearing this type of message for months and nothing's happened. I'll believe it when it's announced and not before. Fully expecting we won't have heard any official new by this time next week. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

Woodzy

Scale of 1-10 how confident are you that you are not in fact thinking of the kids Sky TV channel 'Boomerang'?
Im fairly confident that’s exactly what I’m thinking of but until I see the news on Boomerang I am believing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.