g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
It’s like waiting for Christmas morning as a five year old.

Ahriman

The Beatles always knew this was going to be a protracted sale, that’s why they wrote a song about it.
They wrote a few:

Can't buy me club

Money (that's what the Glazers want)

Here comes the sum

I'll get my coat :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yep, here we go. It's always next week. Just one last thing to be done. And it will be the same next week.
I suspect most of us if doing a 6-8billion quid deal on either side will be going through it with a fine tooth comb. Time won't be a factor

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So Jim's last throw of the dice.

It was previously understood that Sir Jim would keep on-board Joel and Av (holdouts).

He could still do that by not purchasing their shareholding, representing about 32%.

Instead he could use those, saved, funds to purchase the problematic Class A shares.

Therefore he would eliminate the, potential, legal minefield.

He has probably already agreed, in outline, some sort of working arrangement with the holdout Glazers. However once he buys out the Class A shares then he would need to reformat the constitution of the company in terms of voting power, however on the basis that they have a broad arrangement that should not be too problematic.

So here the issue for him is that he's paying top dollar based on his offer of buying, initially, only 51%, and therefore he would now have to stretch himself to purchase, at that same higher cost per share, approximately 66% of the total shares. Jassim's new offer has now made that the minimum price he has to pay.

That may explain him canvassing new lenders. He 'now' needs to find the difference between his previous lower 66% purchase offer and his higher cost 51% purchase offer,, as opposed to the previous strategy of paying that higher sum over a longer period.

The above arrangement would make sense if the holdout Glazers were actually looking to stay on and are not simply saying that as a leveraged tactic.

Why would the Glazers not stay on?
They need money for other projects.
No dividends in prospect for years (sustenance money).
Could stay on but still need significant cash now.
Sir Jim won't have the 'extra funds' to upgrade the infrastructure/playing staff for some time to make any meaningful difference to the financial outlook of the club and therefore United will remain an outsider for many years - no massive boost in the value of the club and potentially a proportionate drop off.

The other four Glazers.
They will want as much as the holdouts.

The four will want to ensure that they receive max. value now and are not subsiding a higher payout in the future.

I can't believe that the holdouts can derail the other four and stop a sale.

They will have some sort of written working arrangement between them. However they probably don't want to trigger that to maintain the family harmony but will do so if things can't be agreed, by any maths 4 trumps 2.

That said we will probably know of Sir Jim's progress in the next few days and this may be a reason for The Times not receiving any definitive update of him conceding?
This would be the absolute worst conclusion to all of this.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How many more times are people going to jump the gun and claim things are done :lol: :lol:

RopersReturn

Avram and Joel should at least have the courtesy of making a statement of their intention. I know we’re not dealing with normal decent people here but we’re into July and still nothing. You would have thought their advisors would’ve told them it looks extremely unprofessional let alone, darned right childish & irresponsible to hide away regardless of them being media shy.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The only issue about weekends is that I know feck all will happen in regard to this saga unless it’s Monday-Friday.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
A hard rock classic for the weekend.

‘Nothing Else Happens’ by ClubSellica

Sale’s ‘close’ since mid March
Couldn't be much less from the heart
Never trusting who the Glazers are
And nothing else happens

Never witnessed a sale this way
Club is fecked, and so is big Dave
‘Watch this space’ - as Woodward would say…
And nothing else happens

Cash they seek and they found in you
Every day for us nothing new
Brexit Jim or the Jassim crew?
But nothing else happens

We’re all scared for what they’ll choose
We’re all scared that they won’t go
And they know

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wonder what year the page number will be when something actually happens. Currently we’re about to enter the 20th century.

I’ll go for 1939. Start of WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.