Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I hate the Glazers as much anyone but it’s not even greedy. They have an asset and want the best price, isn’t that just… completely normal?

if I was selling and I thought I could get an extra 10, 20, 50 million for my share would I give a flying feck how long it took? Absolutely not, and I wouldn’t give a feck about the transfer window either
That's part of the problem; we're just an asset to them. I'd like a club's owners to at least pretend that they give a shit about the club they're responsible for, but unfortunately we've got some of the biggest wankers in the sport milking us dry and then giving us one final kick up the arse as they stall their way through an important transitional period for the club.

Partridge

Tbf if you are reading 1000 posts a day you need to get a hobby or wank more.
That's fair. Additionally, if your a mutlitasker, you could make your hobby something like " danger wanking". It's very popular in Bolton I've heard from people who are forced to travel there for work.

Anyway, I don't want to ruin my reputation as the poster who contributes least to any thread I participate in. It's taken an age to build..

As you were.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That's fair. Additionally, if your a mutlitasker, you could make your hobby something like " danger wanking". It's very popular in Bolton I've heard from people who are forced to travel there for work.

Anyway, I don't want to ruin my reputation as the poster who contributes least to any thread I participate in. It's taken an age to build..

As you were.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :nervous: :nervous:

Mindhunter

Man I remember the days when we could hope this would be sorted before transfer window
When has that ever happened really? We dither for months to sign some one, for years to sell someone, then how long do you think it will take them to actually sell the whole thing? At least one to two lifetimes.

Teja

I hate the Glazers as much anyone but it’s not even greedy. They have an asset and want the best price, isn’t that just… completely normal?

if I was selling and I thought I could get an extra 10, 20, 50 million for my share would I give a flying feck how long it took? Absolutely not, and I wouldn’t give a feck about the transfer window either
They've already got close to the best price, they can't make up their fecking mind on whether they want to sell at all or not.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They've already got close to the best price, they can't make up their fecking mind on whether they want to sell at all or not.
I doubt if they know what the 'best price' is. I bet they keep shifting the goalpost because of that.

Appletonred

The January transfer window with Jassim as the new owner should be very interesting, if the sale is completed by then....

greenoffpearson

That's part of the problem; we're just an asset to them. I'd like a club's owners to at least pretend that they give a shit about the club they're responsible for, but unfortunately we've got some of the biggest wankers in the sport milking us dry and then giving us one final kick up the arse as they stall their way through an important transitional period for the club.
That is it.

They have no emotional attachment.

It would be like one of us owning a gold mine, were only there for the return. We will sell for the right price.

Here also this Glazer cabal are not entrepreneurs, they have grown up with money but can't see opportunities like a Sir Jim or even their dad Malcolm.

Mike Ashley knew what he wanted to do with the Newcastle money, these guys aren't that type of business people, they are one dimensional.

All of a sudden Av thinks he knows the sports business and attempts to buy cricket teams, the IPL see that he brings zero value and see him off and he invests in some new cricket league in the middle east, the guy does not know a googly from his scrotum.

If we owned United, as a fan, there would come a point were we would know that we are failing the club and walk away, still, with a few billion.

These guys are just shameless profiteers, who are also known liars claiming attachment to the club.

AneRu

Unless the Qataris walked away in which case the INEOS bid would be the only one on the table. J&A would then make more money by screwing over both their siblings and the Class A shareholders. It's not impossible. But it does require Qatar to leave the table. If SJR quits then it goes the other way. Because they have to sell to somebody.

Ultimately there are more shares in favour of the Qatar deal but a lot hinges on the legal rules for selling Class B shares which aren't terribly clear in extremis. It might come down to who has the greater resolve.
And the other siblings will just fold their hands and rue their misfortune, why? Remember the only reason J and A are in power at United is the cooperation of the other four siblings, what if they decide to vote out J and A from the board? Would they still enjoy owning United without the power and prestige it brings?

If push comes to shove the other four along with the minority shareholders have enough power to run the club without J and A or to even sue for variation which could break the Class A and B distinction of the holdings which would instantly smoothen the process. I read on here that all it takes is for a shareholder to own 15% and they could sue for variation, if there is a complete break within the family then the other four would have a stronger case to sue for variation especially if they can prove that Joel and Avram are actively trying to screw them over.

stw2022

Having much of your spare investable capital tied up in an enterprise you have no control over simply to make a bit more several years down the line; effectively having your hands tied should any attractive business proposition arise in that period - is overestimated in terms of its appeal. This is why I don't think that has ever seriously been on the cards, outside of wanting to spook the rival bidder into thinking it was the preferred choice.

RopersReturn

It's stalemate right now. But if Joel and Avram want to sell to SJR then their strategy is to provoke a Qatari deadline which they then allow to pass. So Qatar doesn't do that. They wait for the other four Glazers to force their hand.

The other four Glazers might have to vote J&A down to get the deal through and then sell their shares direct to the Qataris as Class B. But a clause written into the club's stock means the Class B shares can only be owned by members of the Glazer family. That will need to change first so it depends if J&A can block it. Unfortunately they need to change that clause anyway to sell shares to SJR so the scope for double cross is large if they do - especially as it's not necessarily their own shares they want to sell to him but their siblings. It's not even clear the clause can be changed which would block INEOS altogether.

https://theathletic.com/4463364/2023/04/28/manchester-united-sale-news-glazers/

Fundamentally if there is no sale at all then the value of the shares tanks completely and the shareholding hedgefunds probabaly sue the Glazers anyway for acting against their interests. Plus the club has no viable business plan with them owning it. Plus they are all probably heavily in debt and need to sell in the new high interest rate world. The club certainly is. The only option that is not totally dysfunctional is a sale to the Qataris so the greed brothers will just have to be carrot and sticked into reality. Hard to put a timescale on that.
Excellent post, really acknowledges the current situation and clearly summarises the potential outcome if the Glazers continue to stall.

stw2022

Any chance Ratcliffe has been back-footed/hindered by the steep interest rate rises in global markets since he initially negotiated AIP backing from financers a few months back?

Suv666

Is this the longest without any news since the saga started? The sudden news drought is unsettling

Cloud7

All of a sudden Av thinks he knows the sports business and attempts to buy cricket teams, the IPL see that he brings zero value and see him off and he invests in some new cricket league in the middle east, the guy does not know a googly from his scrotum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woziak

sell their shares direct to the Qataris as Class B. But a clause written into the club's stock means the Class B shares can only be owned by members of the Glazer family. That will need to change first so it depends if J&A can block it. Unfortunately they need to change that clause anyway to sell shares to SJR so the scope for double cross is large if they do - especially as it's not necessarily their own shares they want to sell to him but their siblings. It's not even clear the clause can be changed which would block INEOS altogether.

Fundamentally if there is no sale at all then the value of the shares tanks completely and the shareholding hedgefunds probabaly sue the Glazers anyway for acting against their interests. Plus the club has no viable business plan with them owning it. Plus they are all probably heavily in debt and need to sell in the new high interest rate world. The club certainly is. The only option that is not totally dysfunctional is a sale to the Qataris so the greed brothers will just have to be carrot and sticked into reality. Hard to put
The Qataris have paid in pennies so the Glazers and Ranie group are busy counting them, that’s why there’s no news.
I tend to agree all the disinformation at the weekend, with regard to them maybe still staying was to make sure the NYSE didn’t blow up at $29/30 so the dampened expectation. When Reuters and Bloomberg say it’s probably happening, it probably is, SJR looks like he’s out the race. If the money was swift transferred into cayman accounts, that takes time with numbers these huge. More importantly all the club debt would also have to be paid off and I doubt that the £535m is owed to just one bank, if this started on Friday the 1st we should hear something concrete Wednesday/Thursday if not then no money has been paid and the decision has not been done yet.
Too many leaks recently which suggests something cooking.

shabin_d_great

It's written in stars that we will finally get this over with in page no 1968.. sale done.

And i suspect page 1999 will have our first signing by new owners.. a big one.. atleast 3 big signings...

Page 2008 will ofcourse be Chelsea being pulled up by financial fair play rules and having to sell us mount for 20m

greenoffpearson

sell their shares direct to the Qataris as Class B. But a clause written into the club's stock means the Class B shares can only be owned by members of the Glazer family. That will need to change first so it depends if J&A can block it. Unfortunately they need to change that clause anyway to sell shares to SJR so the scope for double cross is large if they do - especially as it's not necessarily their own shares they want to sell to him but their siblings. It's not even clear the clause can be changed which would block INEOS altogether.

Fundamentally if there is no sale at all then the value of the shares tanks completely and the shareholding hedgefunds probabaly sue the Glazers anyway for acting against their interests. Plus the club has no viable business plan with them owning it. Plus they are all probably heavily in debt and need to sell in the new high interest rate world. The club certainly is. The only option that is not totally dysfunctional is a sale to the Qataris so the greed brothers will just have to be carrot and sticked into reality. Hard to put

I tend to agree all the disinformation at the weekend, with regard to them maybe still staying was to make sure the NYSE didn’t blow up at $29/30 so the dampened expectation. When Reuters and Bloomberg say it’s probably happening, it probably is, SJR looks like he’s out the race. If the money was swift transferred into cayman accounts, that takes time with numbers these huge. More importantly all the club debt would also have to be paid off and I doubt that the £535m is owed to just one bank, if this started on Friday the 1st we should hear something concrete Wednesday/Thursday if not then no money has been paid and the decision has not been done yet.
Too many leaks recently which suggests something cooking.
If somehow they look to change the memo/articles of the company, to allow Class B shares to remain Class B even on sale to a non Glazer, that process would require a board meeting. Those independent board members, who were previously spooked by the Class A shareholders threatening litigation will, no doubt, be clearly reminded of their duty protect all the shareholders.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can this week please be the week? I can’t take football seriously until it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.