Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

I was only joking to join the hystericals for a minute.
I think they'll leave soon. Before the start of the season. There's no way they're in charge come our first game. The backlash and protests would be epic.
thats a bit cruel mate

some of these lads are on the verge of a full meltdown :lol:

OrcaFat

I was only joking to join the hystericals for a minute.
I think they'll leave soon. Before the start of the season. There's no way they're in charge come our first game. The backlash and protests would be epic.
The Glazers don’t give a shit about backlashes and protests. So, erm, they may, quite possibly, be here long after the last protester pisses his pants in a frenzy of righteousness.

If everyone stops going to the games and stops buying merch, campaigns at the hq of every sponsor, boycotts every enterprise with a connection to United, the glazers might look up from their breakfast with a confused expression. That’s the best we can hope for as a result of fan action, I fear.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is "Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE" a new Caf meme or is it an auto-correct like "YAWN" and "Ole ole ole I love you"?

RopersReturn

So because they can’t delist themselves as shareholders due to the debt, it looks likely the Glazers will be staying for the foreseeable future? :mad:

stevoc

We probably won’t sign one but it will more to do with the Glazers rather than ETH
Left wing is probably the lowest priority position in term of potential recruitment.

Striker, GK, CB, CM, RB and possibly LB should be getting reinforced first.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hearing some murmurs that this might not be happening now.
Word on the street is that Joel wanted a clause to be inserted in the sale deed declaring him to be the most conventionally attractive sibling and when Darcie heard she was so mad she couldn’t even finish her Boxercise class, much less agree to it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
needs to happen now. i’m spending up to two hours each night putting the kids to sleep, listening to their concerns about what happens to the debt if ratcliffe only takes over the glazer portion of the shares. will the higher interest rates impact our ability to borrow more money and sign the latest superstars. will ratcliffe commit to the regeneration of the whole club or will he look at it as the final piece of his billionaire jigsaw. and how is it fair that one of them got told off for laughing at a boy in year 1 who accidentally pooed himself at break time. it has to end.

Fanta Stick

needs to happen now. i’m spending up to two hours each night putting the kids to sleep, listening to their concerns about what happens to the debt if ratcliffe only takes over the glazer portion of the shares. will the higher interest rates impact our ability to borrow more money and sign the latest superstars. will ratcliffe commit to the regeneration of the whole club or will he look at it as the final piece of his billionaire jigsaw. and how is it fair that one of them got told off for laughing at a boy in year 1 who accidentally pooed himself at break time. it has to end.
Whose kids are they?

Apokalips

Paradoxical info…

If do what he’s telling me, I can’t trust him because it’s on Twitter…

And if I don’t do what he’s telling me, I continue to believe Twitter news - leading me back to trusting what he’s written.

It’s an infinity loop. Much like any dealing with the Glazers.
:lol:

Apokalips

Football journalists that have tried to report this like it's a transfer should have been blacklisted from day one.
I agree, although the way that fans are so impatient and desperate for news has driven that whole subculture of journalistic reporting on football matters. Everything is made out to be a season of the Bold and the Beautiful with all of these twists and turns to satiate the appetite of fans.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
On the plus side it's a lot more interesting than the usual muppet summer threads

stevoc

There’s going to be riots at OT if this is true. Glazers must know this.
I doubt the Glazers are aware but probably wouldn't care either way. They'd be tucked up in Florida.

Word on the street is that Joel wanted a clause to be inserted in the sale deed declaring him to be the most conventionally attractive sibling and when Darcie heard she was so mad she couldn’t even finish her Boxercise class, much less agree to it.
Joel is dreamy though in a Sloth from Goonies sort of way

The Glazers can't afford the status quo. They need outside investment one way or another.
United can't afford it more like.

Have you been on Twitter or does your mate work for Raine?
No I hit my post limit, how did you know my mate works for Raine?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Trust what you like mate, but personally I’d take the word of the Corporate finance & deals editor at the Financial Times over some ITK on twitter or Rio Ferdinand.
I think you missed the irony. Someone on twitter telling me not to trust people on twitter.

McTerminator

At this point feck it ha. Let's have glazers still here come first game and mount being the only signing
What nobody realises is that the Glazers are playing a high stakes game of buckaroo (seeing how far they can push the United fan base before we actually do something meaningful) and the sale was never real.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can you explain how you were right apart from saying you were right? Your post is a perfect example..”I dont know” I’m not sure you’re supposed to know nor does it play a factor in these reports
Edit bear in mind you having a go at posting Qatar wins post every day based on the FT editor telling us to only follow trusted sources to now saying those trusted sources are basically shit.
I'm not basing anything on what this apparent FT editor has said. He's probably full of shit too. They all are. This is clearly under close wraps and any information from a legitimate source is being but out there for a reason. But Reuters claimed weeks ago that it was breaking news about the exclusivity or however they put it, but that reporter backtracked slightly if I recall correctly when interviewed by somebody on YouTube. Besides, weeks have since passed and still no announcement on this exclusivity. They're full of shit or just reporting a story planted with them for a particular reason.

putzmcgee123

What nobody realises is that the Glazers are playing a high stakes game of buckaroo (seeing how far they can push the United fan base before we actually do something meaningful) and the sale was never real.
That sounds more like a high stakes game of securities fraud. :wenger:

dacore

Would be fun if the Glazers decides to stay and the United supporters protest every game just like the they did before the Liverpool game a few years ago. Totally feck up one season to lower the value of the club instead. Payback is a b*tch.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The siblings/Qatar and J&A/INEOS are playing chicken. That's the whole story. It could end in a day or a year but it has to end because they have to sell to someone.

Everything else is just noise.

CatsOfUlthar

I don't really understand what the Glazers gain by not closing a deal.

Why have they put more on the company credit card with Mount?

They are actual billionaires, so they probably have that over me in business advice, but I just don't understand what they gain by hecking around.

Ahriman

That sounds more like a high stakes game of securities fraud. :wenger:
Is there a scenario where it's in the best interests of the Qataris to delay the sale until it's theoretically too late for a 'Qatar transfer window'?

e.g If SJ bought the club tomorrow and spent 500 million this transfer window, besides the fact that every selling club would want silly money, would it inflate the price of the remaining shares that he would need to acquire 100% of the club?

Don't know if it makes sense, it was just a theory I had camping last night :lol:

JagUTD

Big news on Threads!

You might want to get under your desks for this one and brave yourselves.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Is there a scenario where it's in the best interests of the Qataris to delay the sale until it's theoretically too late for a 'Qatar transfer window'?

e.g If SJ bought the club tomorrow and spent 500 million this transfer window, besides the fact that every selling club would want silly money, would it inflate the price of the remaining shares that he would need to acquire 100% of the club?

Don't know if it makes sense, it was just a theory I had camping last night :lol:
No ss the takeover wouldn't be official till after the season started now anyway with the fit and proper tests etc.

Marcelinho87

I don't really understand what the Glazers gain by not closing a deal.

Why have they put more on the company credit card with Mount?

They are actual billionaires, so they probably have that over me in business advice, but I just don't understand what they gain by hecking around.
Collectively billionaires but each one I doubt is.

Zen86

Remember when they said this could be a quick sale and boxed off before the end of the season. They must’ve meant next season.

JagUTD

Collectively billionaires but each one I doubt is.
Some of them will be surely. At least on paper. With United and Tampa Bay plus whatever else makes up their empire. Some also have their own interests separate to the family businesses.

If I had to guess, Darcie is probably close to of not over the $billion mark and possibly Joel.

Status
Not open for further replies.