Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Feck that, I want to go to Valhalla.
Well, go and die in battle with a weapon in your hand and pray that Freyja doesn't choose you. If you have as much experience in getting rejected by women as I do, put that to good use.

stevoc

Wonder what these doubts are. They don't have the capability to pay up?
Most likely the Glazers have some doubts, while they'll know where Ratcliffe is getting his financing the Qatari's for obvious reasons are probably less transparent as to where their funding is coming from.

Fluctuation0161

Simply the Glazers value it at £6bn or $7.5bn and the two bids have come up short if the ~5bn figure is true. They will try everything to extract the highest bid from each and decide together whether it's enough. Jassim probably confident they will sell eventually once every tactic is done. I think Glazers still want Ratcliffe to come in with another so Qatar have to go again. Both bids are trying to get the club at a reasonable value as there's a lot to fix and clear but the Glazers see it as a rare opportunity and have a high future value in mind. $6-7bn is what they want but might have to settle for less once everything is exhausted.
Or, the Glazers are having a family feud, some want to sell, some want to stay. Our club is stuck in the middle of it.

cyberman

Most likely the Glazers have some doubts, while they'll know where Ratcliffe is getting his financing the Qatari's for obvious reasons are probably less transparent as to where their funding is coming from.
As long as the moneys there what’s that got to do with the Glazers? The same Glazers who asked friends of the bidders to up their bid?
To me, clearing the debt and proving the source of the funds have the same effect on Glazers. None.

stevoc

Thats quite sad... what have you against the people of Qatar and the ME countries?
I'm genuinely interested here what part of that post mentioned the people of Qatar never mind other ME countries?

I can't say I share his sentiment but he was obviously talking about people who want United to be state owned.

Ahriman

lets get to the fact that you concluded that majority of United fans, 500 million of them are pro Qatar based on social media, talking to your mates, polls here and on social media.

Sounds legit.
You don't have to audit the fanbase to get a feel for what the majority want, I don't know where you're looking but I'm seeing Qatar as preferred owners by some majority everywhere I'm looking, whether that be posts, tweets, polls or whatever.

People can argue it's not truly representative of the fanbase but what else do we go off? The home fans? Apart from one small protest there hasn't been much kickback against SJ, says it all to me.

Real Name

You don't have to audit the fanbase to get a feel for what the majority want, I don't know where you're looking but I'm seeing Qatar as preferred owners by some majority everywhere I'm looking, whether that be posts, tweets, polls or whatever.

People can argue it's not truly representative of the fanbase but what else do we go off? The home fans? Apart from one small protest there hasn't been much kickback against SJ, says it all to me.
Ok by your logic - You dont have to audit local fans to feel for what the majority of them want, and majority of them are against Qatar. Twitter fans are not representative of the fan base, its a cesspool.
Says it all to me.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No but it did take Newcastle about a month to go through the fit and proper test.

I don't want Qatar and hope all who do burn in hell but if the companies house listing was genuine (have my doubts) then the same timeline would be happening that happened with Newcastle as that's when the fit and proper test started.
Seriously?!

Moiraine

It means that the guys who stand to get rich off the 100% sale of the club to the Qataris are not happy that the Glazers haven't accepted the bid. If they accept Jim's bid for 69%, they won't get a payout at all.

Woodward stands to make about £13m from a 100% sale, so do a bunch of other people with class A shares.
So woodward who helped this hideous takeover could be saviour at the end of the day !

stevoc

As long as the moneys there what’s that got to do with the Glazers? The same Glazers who asked friends of the bidders to up their bid?
To me, clearing the debt and proving the source of the funds have the same effect on Glazers. None.
Yeah if it is there though. I'm sure it is because I believe it's state backed and the story is most likely bullshit.

But if it were true if I was a Glazer and Jassim and the boys were insisting they're not state backed even privately then I'd be wondering where they're pulling £6b quid from without financing. As I said The Glazers will know exactly where Ratcliffe is borrowing his money from because they'll know people at Goldman Sachs etc. but they likely don't have the same sort of contacts in Qatari banking circles.

JagUTD

Where does it say he’s getting favourable rates?
The only reason Glazers are selling is because they couldn’t get the rates they wanted
Edit can’t see why he wouldn’t take favourable rates (if real) since even the fluff piece in the Athletic says Qatar will probably win
Just my opinion.

Tarrou

Yeah I wasn't provoking a serious discussion that's been done to death everyone knows the entrenched positions in here it was said in jest and quite obviously so to demonstrate strong opposition to ownership.

I don't think the poster was telling me to actually go get spit roasted by the glazers either so i'd hope they avoided a warning.

Anyway I'll remember this is a very serious only thread from now on :wenger:
Nobody is saying you were trying to provoke a serious discussion or you can’t take the piss

the entire site is constant piss taking and I’ve been trolling in here as much as the next person

but saying people can burn in hell is just shitty mate, whether it’s in jest or not

strandty

I mean from a general sense. Whether he wanted additional funding or not, he wouldn't have had any issue getting it and at favourable rates due to the low risks involved.
Interest rates are only going one way at the minute and it's not getting ANY cheaper

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No but it did take Newcastle about a month to go through the fit and proper test.

I don't want Qatar and hope all who do burn in hell but if the companies house listing was genuine (have my doubts) then the same timeline would be happening that happened with Newcastle as that's when the fit and proper test started.

crossy1686

career ending
So woodward who helped this hideous takeover could be saviour at the end of the day !
He's actually got 0.5% class B shares as one user pointed out so he can't really affect the sale process, but the guys who own the class A can take legal action if the Glazers don't do what's within the best interests of the shareholders.

redshaw

Or, the Glazers are having a family feud, some want to sell, some want to stay. Our club is stuck in the middle of it.
Well it's been reported some are very willing to sell and I'm sure they would take the current offers now. It's six people hence why I said they'll have to decide together feuding or not.

Traub

Yeah if it is there though. I'm sure it is because I believe it's state backed and the story is most likely bullshit.

But if it were true if I was a Glazer and Jassim and the boys were insisting they're not state backed even privately then I'd be wondering where they're pulling £6b quid from without financing. As I said The Glazers will know exactly where Ratcliffe is borrowing his money from because they'll know people at Goldman Sachs etc. but they likely don't have the same sort of contacts in Qatari banking circles.
But do they care as long as they get the money.

Maticmaker

Both bids are trying to get the club at a reasonable value as there's a lot to fix and clear but the Glazers see it as a rare opportunity and have a high future value in mind. $6-7bn is what they want but might have to settle for less once everything is exhausted.
Agree with your overall analysis, but can't help thinking part of the Glazer clan hasn't given up on the 'Super League' concept re-emerging in some modified form, in which case United will become the 'golden cash cow'. If this is true they will hold on, at least for the higher price, of course they don't give a monkey's for what the fans think/want so in that sense its a 'no brainer'.

romufc

I'm genuinely interested here what part of that post mentioned the people of Qatar never mind other ME countries?

I can't say I share his sentiment but he was obviously talking about people who want United to be state owned.
I'm genuinely surprised that there are people who say if you support a Qatari bid you can burn in hell, then people who think that is ok.

mufc_sd

Interesting that both Matt Lawton and Dickinson INEOS’ number 1 mouthpiece are admitting the problems with INEOS' bid that suggests to me that the issues can no longer be ignored or denied anymore it goes back to Bloomburg Hellier who is also skeptical about the situation. To me it seems that there are legitimate concerns and doubts surrounding the Ratcliffe deal it remains to be seen if these issues can be resolved.

redshaw

Agree with your overall analysis, but can't help thinking part of the Glazer clan hasn't given up on the 'Super League' concept re-emerging in some modified form, in which case United will become the 'golden cash cow'. If this is true they will hold on, at least for the higher price, of course they don't give a monkey's for what the fans think/want so in that sense its a 'no brainer'.

Yes that's what I'm thinking, doesn't matter if it's a breakaway or not. If it happens we'll have something more analogous to the NFL.

Last edited:

Ahriman

Ok by your logic - You dont have to audit local fans to feel for what the majority of them want, and majority of them are against Qatar. Twitter fans are not representative of the fan base, its a cesspool.
Says it all to me.
I was speaking of the fan base as a whole, perhaps the majority of local fans don't want Qatar, but where's the outrage? As I said, apart from one small protest at Old Trafford, I can't remember anything else. Even the 1958 protest not so long ago was for a full sale only, nothing to do with Qatar. In fact they haven't even specified a preffered owner, neither has MUST. Do they not represent the local fans? Far as I can see there doesn't seem to be much appetite for any mobilised opposition to the Qatar bid.

Twitter is a hellhole but it's just one facet of the fanbase, to be taken as part of a whole, with the likes of RedCafe and R/redddevils and it's all pointing towards a preference for a middle easterly wind.

Last post of the day so I wouldn't waste too much time on a reply :p

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I'm genuinely surprised that there are people who say if you support a Qatari bid you can burn in hell, then people who think that is ok.
It hardly matters though, does it? Unless you think that because he says it you actually will burn in hell…

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This is probably a tad evil but at this point I want Qatar to lose so I can witness the meltdown from a handful of smug, pro-stated-owned-plaything posters.

cyberman

It hardly matters though, does it? Unless you think that because he says it you actually will burn in hell…
Posters have got thread banned for a lot less. Two posters in particular got banned for simply being smug and that was winding up other posters never mind telling them to burn in hell

tomaldinho1

Hell doesn't exist so it's a bit of a rubbish retort. Like me saying I'll push anyone who disagrees with me into the Sarlacc

It's like groundhog day with this and its perilously close to affecting us on the pitch next season. We've been dithering in our transfers both in and out and there is the spectre of the sale hanging over everything we do, and prospective players are surely going to be wanting clarity on it. Pre season starts this week.

We have a golden chance to fight for the league next year. Arsenal are strengthening the squad but not the starting lineup and will never have a run like last season, Liverpool look like they need a rebuild of the rebuild, and Chelsea are virtually self sabotaging at this point. Even City might have a slow season after finally winning the treble*. There would be as clear a run at the title as we're ever likely to get if we could sort ourselves out and get our transfer targets in before the tour.

RopersReturn

Wow we’re up to 1932, and the Great Depression on the historical timeline!
In all seriousness, the impression is whatever’s on the table will never be enough to satisfy Joel & Avram. They clearly need professional help from a medical expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.