Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

This image of Bournemouth ticket prices is why the Glazers have to sell. They will simply not be able to sneak top four in the last fortnight of the season in the future under their business model when the big 6 are the big 7. Without that money and status the club will lose value over a decade to the point of being Aston Villa value.

United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea yes.

City and Newcastle with their backing ok fair enough.

But lads it's Spurs!

Spurs without Harry Kane will be more likely to be part of the bottom 6 than the top 6.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
This image of Bournemouth ticket prices is why the Glazers have to sell. They will simply not be able to sneak top four in the last fortnight of the season in the future under their business model when the big 6 are the big 7. Without that money and status the club will lose value over a decade to the point of being Aston Villa value.

why Spurs though?

tomaldinho1

I wanna go...
Meet you on Tatooine in a couple of weeks mate, say your goodbyes and write a will if you haven't already

You probably still won't know if the club has been sold by then so be at peace with that before I push you in.

Marcelinho87

Meet you on Tatooine in a couple of weeks mate, say your goodbyes and write a will if you haven't already

You probably still won't know if the club has been sold by then so be at peace with that before I push you in.
I'll start my journey there tomorrow, until then, I bid you farewell.

Son

It's like groundhog day with this and its perilously close to affecting us on the pitch next season. We've been dithering in our transfers both in and out and there is the spectre of the sale hanging over everything we do, and prospective players are surely going to be wanting clarity on it. Pre season starts this week.

We have a golden chance to fight for the league next year. Arsenal are strengthening the squad but not the starting lineup and will never have a run like last season, Liverpool look like they need a rebuild of the rebuild, and Chelsea are virtually self sabotaging at this point. Even City might have a slow season after finally winning the treble*. There would be as clear a run at the title as we're ever likely to get if we could sort ourselves out and get our transfer targets in before the tour.
We all know in this timeline the sale will drag on and we won’t sort ourselves out. We bring in Qatar, Kane, De Jong and snipe Kim from Bayern maybe.

It’s not happening though due to FFP, inability to sell players and greed by the Glazer’s.

The fact we can’t actually sell anyone is brutally hitting us now. That might be the biggest embarrassment of all of it. Players come here to stall careers, pick up obscene wages and see out contracts until the bitter end.

They will never do any better so might as well take what they are owed.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Could you?

We finished 6th the season before without Erik.
Yeah that's outside the top four. Verging on mid table. Another season of Ole and we'd have been 6 lower than that

Last edited:

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Ratcliffe "owns oil and gasfields in the North Sea and in the US, and invested heavily in trying to develop fracking in Britain".

He left Britain for the tax haven of Monaco after backing Brexit. Not a man who loves his country or who has good judgment.

stevoc

Yeah that's outside the top four. Verging on mid table.
Yes of course but a long way from the bottom 6. Which was where I was saying Spurs could find themselves without the guy who scores about 50% of their PL goals.

Giggsyking

As in the other conversation you jumped right in this one without reading how did it begin. For some reason you have it in for me but I'll help you nevertheless. It began by poster claiming a majority of global fan base, about 500 million people, are in favor or Qatar ownership at which I asked how can he conclude that. His response was social media, polls and talks with mates. He then said the fact there are no protests in Manchester says a lot and the majority of home fans are in favor of Qatar.

I responded to this that by his logic I can make wild assumptions conclusions about local fans too, based on the things I read or heard for instance. Both claims are wild and baseless..
You yourself are concluding about the majority of home fans based on your experience as if you know the whole local fan base. Which is of course rubbish as you yourself said.
Not to mention silly claims about me wanting to align local, hardcore fans. Thats the top. :lol:
My advice to you is: read properly.
You seem in denial about the popularity of SJ bid. I've read plenty of posts by match going fans here saying that the majority of local fans favors SJ. If general perception of the match going fans and the social media and forum polls cant convince you, then I cant.

philippexyz

It looks like the strategy of Joel and Avram is to piss off Qatar by dragging this sale process indefinitely. When Qataris get bored and eventually leave and buy Liverpool or Tottenham instead, then there won't be any option other than Ratcliffe. Ratcliffe will probably wait as much as needed(months, years....), Qataris won't. He probably wants to fulfil some kind of a childhood fantasy of owning Manchester United before he dies. I don't think Jim would care that much about success of the club - it's a pure vanity purchase.

Joel and Avram will likely succeed in their intentions, rest of the Glazer siblings are probably not as petty, greedy, wicked, rotten human beings.
It's a shame that the other 4 siblings can't overpower them in sale decision making, even though they are the majority.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ratcliffe "owns oil and gasfields in the North Sea and in the US, and invested heavily in trying to develop fracking in Britain".

He left Britain for the tax haven of Monaco after backing Brexit. Not a man who loves his country or who has good judgment.
He’s a prick no two ways about it. Interesting those who have latched on to him because he’s not Middle Eastern. Many of whom oppose everything he stands for in this country.

glazed

Yes of course but a long way from the bottom 6. Which was where I was saying Spurs could find themselves without the guy who scores about 50% of their PL goals.
Yeah fair but I think that's where we would have gone with Ole staying in charge. Rashford was so bad under Ole most of the caf wanted to sell him, remember?

mu4c_20le

You seem in denial about the popularity of SJ bid. I've read plenty of posts by match going fans here saying that the majority of local fans favors SJ. If general perception of the match going fans and the social media and forum polls cant convince you, then I cant.
To be fair i've also heard from match going fans that a majority don't want Qatar either. Depends on who you ask. It's definitely not a clear majority and most of them do not use twitter or participate in online polls or discussions.

Spoony

The People's President
To be fair i've also heard from match going fans that a majority don't want Qatar either. Depends on who you ask. It's definitely not a clear majority and most of them do not use twitter or participate in online polls or discussions.

Most match going fans I've talked to want the Qatari bid. And we're not talking young fans. Money eh.

stevoc

Yeah fair but I think that's where we would have gone with Ole staying in charge. Rashford was so bad under Ole most of the caf wanted to sell him, remember?
We're veering wildly wildly off topic here mate.

All I'll say is we were as bad or worse under Solskjaer's replacement and still finished 6th. I don't think there's any danger of United finishing in the bottom 6 any time soon.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Most match going fans I've talked to want the Qatari bid. And we're not talking young fans. Money eh.
These are correct.

I’ve got a lot of family members who are longstanding season ticket holders and some of them (not all) are sadly proper Brexiteers - they are all pro Jassim.

I was sure they’d go with Rat due to the Brexit link and the British thing but they’ve not.

And to be fair, it’s not because they’ve been bought, Spoons, it’s because they want a full sale and the Glazers properly gone.

I assure you that if Ratcliffe would bid for the whole club and be removing the Glazers all these people would prefer him - as would I.

His bid has bells on and is riddled with red flags.

I wish people would understand this. It’s his getting into bed with the Glazers that’s caused the immense leaning toward Jassim for many who prefer Jassim’s bid.

It really does come down to that.

glazed

We're veering wildly wildly off topic here mate.

All I'll say is we were as bad or worse under Solskjaer's replacement and still finished 6th. I don't think there's any danger of United finishing in the bottom 6 any time soon.
Hmm no I agree. But under Glazers we would end up mid-table after a few years. Bu that's part of why they are selling. They don't want to make the investment needed to compete. That's why the J&A plan is so reprehensible - they want him to make the investment instead fuelled by loans, so they can cash in later on the added value. Parasites to the end.

Totally. All things being equal almost everyone would prefer Ratcliffe. But his bid is massively and fatally compromised to the fans by the structure and the complicity with the odious Glazers.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He’s a prick no two ways about it. Interesting those who have latched on to him because he’s not Middle Eastern. Many of whom oppose everything he stands for in this country.
Or maybe it's because he's not a figurehead for a state bid? I know. Wild thought

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hmm no I agree. But under Glazers we would end up mid-table after a few years. Bu that's part of why they are selling. They don't want to make the investment needed to compete. That's why the J&A plan is so reprehensible - they want him to make the investment instead fuelled by loans, so they can cash in later on the added value. Parasites to the end.

Totally. All things being equal almost everyone would prefer Ratcliffe. But his bid is massively and fatally compromised to the fans by the structure and the complicity with the odious Glazers.
Agree completely.

Red_Aaron

It's averaging 8.5 pages a day since inception so we'll need another 7 days or so. I'd say 2000 pages before sale is a given

We need an rvn

What do we think will happen first?

- this thread hits 2000 posts
- the club gets sold
To be honest, I'm enjoying the "what happened in this year" posts so lets aim to get to 2023 and if we get past 2023 then I'm going to start listening to Busted and seeing what happened in the year 3000 because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn anymore.

stepic

What do we think will happen first?

- this thread hits 2000 posts
- the club gets sold

- we are 66 pages away from 2000 (assume you mean 2000 pages not posts)
- the last 66 pages have taken 8 days
- no chance we are sold in the next 8 days

Status
Not open for further replies.