Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

I don’t think any decision has been made about whether they are staying or going and this could drag on and on.

They clearly want to sell but the bidding war they were expecting hasn’t materialised, they are managing to string along both bidders somehow but that must be getting increasingly difficult.

Delaying the sale doesn’t really do them any favours but their greed trumps sense.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We’re never getting rid of these parasitic cnuts are we?
It's not in the script. Probably need more coverage, drama and disneyland, maybe even election with public debate.

It will definitely take away attention from sleepy transfer window.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The club are paying for transfer, the club has always paid for transfer and always will pay for transfers.
The new owners cannot just chuck money in for transfers, the Glazers aren't investing in the team, the club is investing into the team.
the club you refer to is a business. The Glazers own the business. Why would they sanction 100mill investment in players if they are selling?

NWRed

If you believe that people landed on the moon this is when it supposedly happened.

If you're not a sheep then you know the government filmed the whole thing in a studio and built a showpiece rocket
Whilst there are genuine reasons for believing some conspiracy theories have elements of truth in them (just as JFKs assassination), there is no reason whatsoever for believing that the moon landings were faked.

The space race of the 60s wasn't a PR exercise it was a military technology race. The US were worried that the USSR would develop the technology to house and launch nuclear weapons from orbiting platforms, it turned out to be far harder than they thought hence it hasn't even happened today but whilst the sciencists possibly did know back then the government didn't.

The US had nothing to gain by pretending they had the technology to go to the moon but not actually developing it, in fact it would be counter productive as it would cause the USSR to devote more resources to their space program.

MegadrivePerson

This has been dragging on for 8 months. If the cnuts wanted to sell it would have been done and dusted already. See the sale of Chelsea for comparison: no stalling tactics, no smoke and mirrors, no press leaks about bids, no multiple rounds of bidding.

It’s complete bullshit. The Glazers wanted a realistic valuation of the club and have put us through this whole fecking charade to do so. The cowards don’t even have the minerals to face the fans or keep us in the loop of what’s happening, whilst their greed grows exponentially.

They’ve already ruined this transfer window and probably the next. They’re almost certainly staying put.
The Chelsea sale is not a fair/accurate comparison though. Had it not been for the war in Ukraine, Chelsea would most likely not have been sold.

greenoffpearson

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that bolded part.

The Glazers control the Board of Directors and It’s the directors of a company who decide whether a dividend is to be declared or not. 9 times out of 10 they have done this.

the only way a dividend isn’t gonna be declared generally is when there is insufficient income produced in order to do so.

with a club like united that is rarely the case. There is always income.
Normally it is because they have to have a dividend, the Glazer's literally lived off United. However a dividend is not guaranteed, despite the Glazer pressure to call a dividend. My point is that in the absence of a dividend they have nothing to live off.

They have been extracting hundreds of millions in share sales:

https://www.sportico.com/feature/ma...Avram's brothers Kevin,million (£117 million).

They are now down to about 2% of shares that they can collectively sell before they eat into the 67% they need to preserve, to offer to a future buyer.

Even with a dividend, which I accept, they normally call, they have recently realised that that is not sufficient for their needs, hence share sales. You will note that since Malcolm died they started the personal shares sales.

So what will they do?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
the club you refer to is a business. The Glazers own the business. Why would they sanction 100mill investment in players if they are selling?
Because they still need to maintain the workings of the club, because that's the amount they budgeted pre takeover talk, because they need to be selling a product that's still functioning at the highest level.
Because that £100m isn't the Glazers money, it's the clubs and by spending £100m of someone else's money they plan to recoup billions back.

Melville Red

If you believe that people landed on the moon this is when it supposedly happened.

If you're not a sheep then you know the government filmed the whole thing in a studio and built a showpiece rocket
Indeed and Stanley Kubrick filmed and directed it.
Being the perfectionist he was he insisted on it been filmed on location.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

honestly think we are stuck with the Glazers
That’s what happens when you run an asset into the ground yet are surrounded by yes-men who humour you and won’t tell you that you’re wrecking the club.

They’re genuinely delusional, geriatric, Floridian nepo babies who thought the World was gonna rush in with 7 and 8 billion pound bids for their golden goose, and instead they’ve got 1 (ONE) full sale bidder who’s offering them less than they thought they’d get :lol:.

And on top of that, the financial world views that bid as an overpayment considering the work that needs to be done…

As I’ve said previously, this is embarrassing for them. They’ve exposed themselves to be completely out of touch with reality regarding the state of the club and how it’s viewed outside of their cosy, spoilt little nepo baby bubble.

Their reaction, it’s pretty clear, has been to sulk and try to cancel out / ignore the reality of this information.

As with many spoilt and privileged, yet completely talentless individuals, they have large ego and lack of empathy (see behaviour of royals historically) and so when their pride is hurt (as it unquestionably will be by this) they kick down and dig their heels in.

They’ve completely misread what the World thinks of Man Utd, what it’s now worth and how much interest there is in buying a crumbling asset that essentially needs to be rebuilt.

They’re completely and utterly incompetent on literally everything football related and are basically just very wealthy old people who employ advisors.

The one good thing to come out this, is that you’d think they’ve now increased the pressure on themselves hugely and fans will soon start revolting regularly. Because that’s what it will take to get Man Utd back from them.

Hopefully they’ve pushed it too far this time.

We’ll have to wait and see when the new season begins…

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Up to this point only one of the following two is correct:

1) The sale is going well at the usual/expected times for a transaction this big, and the NDAs are preventing everyone to know more details about the deal (in this case one of the bidders is either lying or being lied to by the Glazers/Raine).

2) The whole thing is a game of chicken, in which the Glazers won't concede unless they get to the magic number in their heads, the bidders won't give up on their prized asset (plus face the humiliation of losing to the other bid) and the club can take care of its own for a while until everything is settled (not too different to the past 18 years actually).

Can I have permission to post the Mitchell and Webb moon landing sketch?
For scenario 2 i'll have a quick round of Numberwang with Raine as Webb, SJR & SJ as the contestants and the Glazers waving from the rotating board.

McGrathsipan

Because they still need to maintain the workings of the club, because that's the amount they budgeted pre takeover talk, because they need to be selling a product that's still functioning at the highest level.
Because that £100m isn't the Glazers money, it's the clubs and by spending £100m of someone else's money they plan to recoup billions back.
you are missing the point its not about where the capital is sourced - I am well aware they dont spend their own money

If they are selling soon they have no business sanctioning 100mill investment, its not their call to make no matter where the money is funded from, but if they are staying - well then the can sanction what they like.

So for me them approving 100m spending of "club" money is a sure sign that they are staying in place. The business as a going concern is theirs to manage as they own the business

Champ

you are missing the point its not about where the capital is sourced - I am well aware they dont spend their own money

If they are selling soon they have no business sanctioning 100mill investment, its not their call to make no matter where the money is funded from, but if they are staying - well then the can sanction what they like.

So for me them approving 100m spending of "club" money is a sure sign that they are staying in place. The business as a going concern is theirs to manage as they own the business
I'm sorry mate but I really can't comprehend your stance on this.

They ultimately have entrusted the running of the football side to other people, the budget has been in place since last Summer hence the lack of signings in January so they haven't sanctioned a new £100m or so, this is an existing budget which has been in place for sometime, before the Glazers decided to sell.
The sale of the club and/or the Glazers staying has zero impact on it.

Moriarty

1971 and Frank O'Farrell and Malcolm Musgrove are in charge at United. Sir Matt keeps an office and his old players are frequent visitors. United start well in the league and surge to the top on the back of some superb performances from Best, Law, and Charlton. But Christmas saw a drop in form including a 0-3 loss at Upton Park. George Best is interviewed and states United will finish about 8th. Arsenal, under Bertie Mee, win the double.

As we're on the space race (sorry for starting that), Britain, as ever late to the party, launches its own satellite into space. Decimalization is implimented and confusion reigns as people try and work out what a 1/2p coin is worth in 'real money.' Profiteering soars.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Where is the year/page update? This page is soon up.

Anyway, only 16 pages left.
1971, Britain withdraws from the Persian Gulf, with Qatar among others achieving independence.

stepic

they still own the club right now and we're in a summer transfer window so of course we should still be operating business as usual. it's irrelevant to the sale of the club.

Moriarty

What would happen to the business if they didn't invest that money: i.e. back their manager? There's a chance- a good chance if you ask me - that ETH would walk away and the team would be left leaderless, with a discontented squad with key positions still to be filled. They have to keep the pot boiling or risk diminution of value.

stw2022

Do you think whatever is left in the transfer fund will be given to them as a goodbye bonus?

McTerminator

It is entirely possible that all parties wanted to conclude before the transfer window and that the entire process is now on hold while the Glazers handle the transfer window in the usual way.

Once the window closes all parties pick the club sale back up and assess the damage. These things do happen.

McGrathsipan

I'm sorry mate but I really can't comprehend your stance on this.

They ultimately have entrusted the running of the football side to other people, the budget has been in place since last Summer hence the lack of signings in January so they haven't sanctioned a new £100m or so, this is an existing budget which has been in place for sometime, before the Glazers decided to sell.
The sale of the club and/or the Glazers staying has zero impact on it.
Well we wont fall out over it anyway

I get it that the show must go on and players need to be brought in - 100mill plus is not insignificant money to invest.

So this 100 mill is the clubs - earned from revenue, but as the current owners are the glazers they are the default owners of that money.
Why would they spend it if they are leaving?

wolvored

They picked the wrong time to sell the club to generate much interest. If they had put it up for sale 10 years ago for £4 billion, they would have probably had quite a few bidders, which may have driven it towards £5 billion. Now potential buyers looked at a crumbling empire which needs major funding to get it back to the glory days, on top of the sale price.
I dont know what game the parasites are playing, but I bet if Qatar said we will pull out if no sale to us by 1 August, they would soon get the sale moving.
Ratcliffe and the fact the other shareholders will sue if that bid goes ahead, will be a none starter I reckon, and if I am wrong, we will be in as big a mess with Ratcliffe, than we are with the leeches. There will still be debt, even more from his borrowing. There will still be the stadium, training facilities, FFP all holding us back for seasons to come.

Champ

Well we wont fall out over it anyway

I get it that the show must go on and players need to be brought in - 100mill plus is not insignificant money to invest.

So this 100 mill is the clubs - earned from revenue, but as the current owners are the glazers they are the default owners of that money.
Why would they spend it if they are leaving?
All I'm saying is why wouldn't they spend it as the money was budgeted to spend anyhow, whether they sell or not? An extra £100m in the coiffeurs won't swing the deal for the potential buyers, but having Onana, Mount and a striker actually might. Who knows.

But maybe I'm just clinging on to a bit of hope that they are finally fecking off :lol: :lol:
Please don't take that away from me mate, I'm begging you:lol:

Champ

It is entirely possible that all parties wanted to conclude before the transfer window and that the entire process is now on hold while the Glazers handle the transfer window in the usual way.

Once the window closes all parties pick the club sale back up and assess the damage. These things do happen.
Yeah, that's a possibility for sure.

McGrathsipan

All I'm saying is why wouldn't they spend it as the money was budgeted to spend anyhow, whether they sell or not? An extra £100m in the coiffeurs won't swing the deal for the potential buyers, but having Onana, Mount and a striker actually might. Who knows.

But maybe I'm just clinging on to a bit of hope that they are finally fecking off :lol: :lol:
Please don't take that away from me mate, I'm begging you:lol:
im sick as well - Just want them to feck off

Woziak

Minor break even deficit, €300,000 Euros even to the vile glazers this is like an annoying fly that won’t go away, it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It’s like I’ve always said the Glazers, yes the Glazers themselves want £6 billion to relinquish control and sell the club.

1. They do not want the club valued at £6bn where they get 69% of that value
2. They do no care about future investment for the club so any bid which states £5.2/5.4bn plus another £1bn for infrastructure and future stadium investment does not interest the Glazers
3. They only want £6bn for their 69% of B Shares and another £200m for their 4.3% A Shares.

If someone wants to pay £8bn to buy the club 100%(6bn to the Glazers snd 2bn to minority) , then there is currently only one bidder in the room who can do that, will they ? the best time to raise the optimum price was June/July and that’s nearly run out so this doesn’t look good at all maybe SJ father flew out at the weekend for an emergency meeting where the deal was finally agreed, possible but I doubt it !

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That’s what happens when you run an asset into the ground yet are surrounded by yes-men who humour you and won’t tell you that you’re wrecking the club.

They’re genuinely delusional, geriatric, Floridian nepo babies who thought the World was gonna rush in with 7 and 8 billion pound bids for their golden goose, and instead they’ve got 1 (ONE) full sale bidder who’s offering them less than they thought they’d get :lol:.

And on top of that, the financial world views that bid as an overpayment considering the work that needs to be done…

As I’ve said previously, this is embarrassing for them. They’ve exposed themselves to be completely out of touch with reality regarding the state of the club and how it’s viewed outside of their cosy, spoilt little nepo baby bubble.

Their reaction, it’s pretty clear, has been to sulk and try to cancel out / ignore the reality of this information.

As with many spoilt and privileged, yet completely talentless individuals, they have large ego and lack of empathy (see behaviour of royals historically) and so when their pride is hurt (as it unquestionably will be by this) they kick down and dig their heels in.

They’ve completely misread what the World thinks of Man Utd, what it’s now worth and how much interest there is in buying a crumbling asset that essentially needs to be rebuilt.

They’re completely and utterly incompetent on literally everything football related and are basically just very wealthy old people who employ advisors.

The one good thing to come out this, is that you’d think they’ve now increased the pressure on themselves hugely and fans will soon start revolting regularly. Because that’s what it will take to get Man Utd back from them.

Hopefully they’ve pushed it too far this time.

We’ll have to wait and see when the new season begins…
Spot on post. The only thing I'd disagree with is that you're being too kind to the rats.

Woziak

im sick as well - Just want them to feck off
We all do but they, all six can’t make a decision on what Ice cream to buy on a Sunday let alone selling the biggest football club in world football, the only decision that all six can say yes too is if all six get £1billion pounds each or £6bn to relinquish control, it’s that simple until the club becomes a diminishing return and does not make CL football every season, they don’t need to sell, especially if ETH who was also director of Football at Utrecht can find miracle players from all over the globe and make united competitive in the sane way Liverpool owners have made them, that would be enough for them to stay 2/3 years and revisit this sale then ?

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well yeah there is that, but that wouldn't be straight away, not would it be ratified by the Premier League.
That wouldn't affect this window at all in any way shape or form,
Almost guaranteed that no deal will be completed before the transfer window is closed for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.