Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanta Stick

The Beatles release their landmark album Their Satanic Majesties Request
Elvis Presley spontaneously combusts on his gold-plated toilet and heads for the big double-decker burger in the sky
Bob Dylan goes electric at the Newport Folk Festival and gets tarred & feathered by the old crusty folkies

@Ahmer Baig

Woziak

i was in the M&A business for years, and PR does play a part in it. One thought I have is that the Glazer’s leaking they may not sell is a tactic to gauge the reaction - not from us fans, as they don’t give a toss about us, but more so from the share price and the A class shareholders. They will not want to pick a fight with the hedge funds and people like Soros as they don’t have the muscle to compete with them - and if they tried their name would be blackened forever. Not sure this is quite over yet.
It pretty much agree, they are stalling and they trying to make the Qatari bid one final time but ultimately the Class A shareholders will start to exert even more pressure the longer this goes on

RedDevilQuebecois

It's official: Dan Snyder has finally fecked off.

With the sale of the Washington Commanders now confirmed for $6.05 billion (£4.70 billion), this should put a clear line about how far the amount for Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim should not exceed in the process of purchasing Manchester United. The Premier League should actively work to get rid of the Glazers in the same fashion the NFL finally got rid of Dan Snyder.

RedDevilUnited369

Transfer window is interesting if all the rumours of a bid for Amrabat and Højlund is true.

That would be an outlay of £175m and only £6m in player sales.

Would suggest money is being made available. But who by/who for?

And FFP must be taken into consideration.

Could it be a deal is in place to handle the transfer window before a sale announcement?

croadyman

Transfer window is interesting if all the rumours of a bid for Amrabat and Højlund is true.

That would be an outlay of £175m and only £6m in player sales.

Would suggest money is being made available. But who by/who for?

And FFP must be taken into consideration.

Could it be a deal is in place to handle the transfer window before a sale announcement?
Perhaps some truth in what Hopkinson said

croadyman

It's official: Dan Snyder has finally fecked off.

With the sale of the Washington Commanders now confirmed for $6.05 billion (£4.70 billion), this should put a clear line about how far the amount for Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim should not exceed in the process of purchasing Manchester United. The Premier League should actively work to get rid of the Glazers in the same fashion the NFL finally got rid of Dan Snyder.
The most sickening part is that these leeches wouldn't have been able to complete a leveraged takeover in 2023,the hypocrites then go and really rub our nose in it by voting for them to be outlawed which just stinks

wolvored

The Beatles release their landmark album Their Satanic Majesties Request
Elvis Presley spontaneously combusts on his gold-plated toilet and heads for the big double-decker burger in the sky
Bob Dylan goes electric at the Newport Folk Festival and gets tarred & feathered by the old crusty folkies

@Ahmer Baig
You are out by 16 years. He died in 1977.

Vidooq

No way is SJ walking away. His bid is still on the table, awaiting a response from Glazer’s.
Well, if the books were open, and some do diligence was done months ago, and an offer was made based on those books/numbers, I wonder for how long the same buy offer will stand?

I mean, half a year or maybe even more is a long time where a lot of things can change. Incresed debt, bigger transfer amounts owed etc.

What happens if, for example, 5.4b offer was made, and the clubs value went downhill in the meantime?

I'm honestly just baffled how in a family where they can not agree to sell or not, there isnt a single leak to the press, and they remain closed to the public. Dear me, what a family.

phunky

Needs to change his underwear
i was in the M&A business for years, and PR does play a part in it. One thought I have is that the Glazer’s leaking they may not sell is a tactic to gauge the reaction - not from us fans, as they don’t give a toss about us, but more so from the share price and the A class shareholders. They will not want to pick a fight with the hedge funds and people like Soros as they don’t have the muscle to compete with them - and if they tried their name would be blackened forever. Not sure this is quite over yet.
hmmm the share price has dropped ~20% from its peak at $26 a few weeks ago. So in your opinion, what does it mean? a more drastic drop would make them blink first?

mufc_sd

NICE GIVEN MEAGRE BUDGET TO STRENGTHEN SQUAD

GFFN said:
Nice-Matin are reporting that OGC Nice will be working with a limited budget this summer as the club’s INEOS owners look to balance the books this season.

The chequebook was very much open last summer in what was a hectic, albeit in hindsight, unsuccessful window. Mattia Viti, Rares Ilie and Alexis Beka Beka cost almost €30m combined but barely featured over the course of the 2022/23 campaign. However, the purse strings have now been tightened by the club’s INEOS ownership, who have charged Florent Ghisolfi and Fabrice Bocquet with restoring a financial equilibrium.

Consequently, only around €15m has been attributed to Nice’s recruitment efforts this summer. This figure has since risen due to the departure of Kasper Dolberg, Andy Delort and Mattia Viti. Loanees such as Nicolas Pépé and Joe Bryan have left, as have Aaron Ramsey and Ross Barkley. Calvin Stengs is also soon expected to sign for Antwerp.

It is not clear to what extent the sales and departures have inflated Nice’s meagre transfer budget. Despite the transfer opening in mid-June, Les Aiglons are yet to register their first signing. Every other Ligue 1 club has welcomed at least one new recruit.

GFFN | Luke Entwistle
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/nice-given-meagre-budget-to-strengthen-squad/

red.knight

The club sale news has gone quiet. What are the Glazers playing at? Utd are listed. If I am not mistaken, you cannot consider selling the business partially or fully and eventually decide that you have changed your mind. Does not work that way. Risk of stock manipulation, as these sale talks have influenced investors and the price of the asset over the past few months. These people would risk serious civil liability if they do not go ahead with either a full sale or a partial sale as suggested. There is no turning back.

stepic

Can't wait for tomorrow
I might not have that long
I'll tear my heart out
Before I get out

-Avram and Joel

Banana Republic

Qatar will stick around.

They'll want United to sell Qatar. An increased offer if needs be. The Glazers know they're good for it.
No way is SJ walking away. His bid is still on the table, awaiting a response from Glazer’s.
It pretty much agree, they are stalling and they trying to make the Qatari bid one final time but ultimately the Class A shareholders will start to exert even more pressure the longer this goes on
Qatar will not be taken for fools this time around.
They could easily have blown SJR out of the water with a bid that the Glazers would grab with both hands, but they’ve already gone well above Utd’s market value and the controlling minds behind them have set a limit.
They will walk away and turn their attention to another EPL target, which is currently being rumoured as Tottenham.
While Spurs don have the global reach of Utd, they have other significant advantages, such as being in London and already having a world class, new state-of-the-art stadium and the potential for much higher growth.

Utd’s value may have peaked and if the Qatari bid is withdrawn, the club’s value will fall (hence the threat of legal action from the shareholders).
Who else will want deal with the Glazers after that?

Woziak

The only thing that should give united fans some sort of solice right now is the way we are operating in the transfer window, something is very different.

1. We obviously briefed a fake budget to the media so we don’t get ripped off, something we did last year too.

2. The bidding process and the relevant speed compared to the way united operate normally in getting a deal done.

3. The willingness and desire to sell young players to develop their career for relatively small transfer fees, huge 25-40% sell on fees or buy back clauses.

4. The ruthlessness we dealt with Ronaldo, De Gea and others to simply rip up or change our mind about a contract.

5. The relative drama free way of renewing Contracts for integral players like Rashford, Shaw, Garnaucho and Dalot.

6. The leaking of a FFP narrative which could not be known until the final quarter which was June 30th.

7. The news about to be reported of a record revenue of £630/640m in a season where we did not even play CL Football.

8. The willingness to sell the deadwood or remove them from the payroll at least. Expect Teles, Bailey, Williams, D Henderson, Fred, DVB and Either Mctominay or Maguire to go for a combined total of £80m

Conclusion or call it a hunch, The Glazers are clearing the decks, trying to make the club more valuable to sell and actually letting JM and ETH do their job with the excellent Matt Hargreaves being key in contract negotiations. If the club was bought in October/November would the value increase ?

Only in the unlikely event that we were leading the league and had a start like Arsenal did last season.

The obvious answer here is that Qatar went back to the Glazers and said we can not offer any more because ;

1. We have to pay the debt of £535m which has to be paid by 2025, since it was a 20 year loan and Bank of America will call it in or want to refinance which will cripple the club.

2. The Club has huge amortised debts to other football clubs because recently United have agreed most of their transfers on yearly terms, this figure of £308m effects the upcoming FSP rules drastically as it is included in the net transfer line and if your starting at -£100m for players who you still owe money every season, the club will find it difficult to spend money as the FSP rules slides down from 90% to 70%.

SJ/92 Foundation will have to pay this off in its entirety to be able to actually flex their financial muscle going forward. Selling young players under 21 for £1-3m now but potentially give you 25 to 40% of £30m transfer fees when these players develop fully is a smart move to combat future FSP rules but only if the current debt is cleared.

3. The cash position of the club rumoured to be just over £73m at the last quarter AGM will not finance £250m summer spending, however it was also stated they would use sone of the £260m, if required from the credit card facility.

So assuming the club has a budget of £170m plus £80m from sales and they back the manager to be competitive in order to raise the asking price of the club, and they actually buy ; A Onana, D Alaba, S Amrabat, M Mount, R Hojlund and O Gift, these players are all potentially upgrades but unless they make united top of the league, can not and will not increase the value of the club because the credit card used to buy them will now be maxed out at £200m again meaning the true debt of the club is £1 billion and this is why I believe Qatar will not increase their bid because they are already paying in excess of £6bn to buy 100% of the club.

Islamic businesses especially SJ will not want any debt, they pride themselves in never owning any other party money, their wish is a complete debt free United.

Jimmy Boy is the ultimate chancer, he’s just looking at any way possible to take control for vanity reasons, including partnering with two Goblins, but when he looks at the additional debt, he will have huge knock backs from INEOS who will see no potential benefits in supplying United a further minimum of £2bn required, one for debt and one for stadium and training ground redevelopment. If you forget to consider a large minority of 31% in your original bid why would you be so concerned with stadium and debt refinancing?

I actually think the sale will go through but not until early September, it may possibly announced in early August completely out of the blue and the figure may be squeezed or was originally £5.4/5.5bn and then 4/6 weeks later it will be finalised after relative checks. Why do I think this?

The Glazers are playing Russian roulette and there really is only one bidder in town, that fulfils all of the shareholders wishes, they’ve tried every trick and cheat in the book to get them to go to a completely unreasonable valuation so now, they will have to fold or go bust!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I thought Phil Browns comments on his podcast last night were very interesting and made me think about our ownership in a different way.

I’d never really considered the fact that it’s probably the 4 siblings other than Joel and Avram that constantly make getting anything done at the club very difficult as they are not involved in the sporting side but I imagine they would have to sign off on financial stuff.

Phil suggested that Joel and Avram with funding to buy the others out would run the club in the right way, completely different to what we are now for anyone that didn’t listen. After all those two are the only ones that have an interest in the club.

Mou Mou Land

Melbourne.

A place where culture is just a microorganism that grows on their out-of-date Vegemite.
The immigrant bridge is very clever and thought provoking though. The Chinese restaurant inside the Crown Plaza is spectacular. The admiration one gets from Aussie bartenders is always welcome - despite the Aussie reputation for downing a few bevvies, the Brits always leave them applauding in admiration.

I had Christmas Day lunch in the MCG and a private tour afterwards - a very pleasant day.

Lemoor

Phil suggested that Joel and Avram with funding to buy the others out would run the club in the right way, completely different to what we are now for anyone that didn’t listen. After all those two are the only ones that have an interest in the club.
So Joel and Avram are forced to micromanage everything from Florida and to constantly lie to fans about introducing proper communication?

Woziak

Qatar will not be taken for fools this time around.
They could easily have blown Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE out of the water with a bid that the Glazers would grab with both hands, but they’ve already gone well above Utd’s market value and the controlling minds behind them have set a limit.
They will walk away and turn their attention to another EPL target, which is currently being rumoured as Tottenham.
While Spurs don have the global reach of Utd, they have other significant advantages, such as being in London and already having a world class, new state-of-the-art stadium and the potential for much higher growth.

Utd’s value may have peaked and if the Qatari bid is withdrawn, the club’s value will fall (hence the threat of legal action from the shareholders).
Who else will want deal with the Glazers after that?
I think your find I said near enough the same thing but the actual debt is more the reason they will not increase their bid, buying spurs although it sounds attractive is just as difficult when you deal with Daniel Levy, he’ll be looking at £5bn as well because of the stadium and the relative potential for multi platform events, plus SJ will no longer be the head of that bid and a spurs fan will come to the front, this is a state bid, it’s time for us to stop kidding ourselves ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The only thing that should give united fans some sort of solice right now is the way we are operating in the transfer window, something is very different.

1. We obviously briefed a fake budget to the media so we don’t get ripped off, something we did last year too.

2. The bidding process and the relevant speed compared to the way united operate normally in getting a deal done.

3. The willingness and desire to sell young players to develop their career for relatively small transfer fees, huge 25-40% sell on fees or buy back clauses.

4. The ruthlessness we dealt with Ronaldo, De Gea and others to simply rip up or change our mind about a contract.

5. The relative drama free way of renewing Contracts for integral players like Rashford, Shaw, Garnaucho and Dalot.

6. The leaking of a FFP narrative which could not be known until the final quarter which was June 30th.

7. The news about to be reported of a record revenue of £630/640m in a season where we did not even play CL Football.

8. The willingness to sell the deadwood or remove them from the payroll at least. Expect Teles, Bailey, Williams, D Henderson, Fred, DVB and Either Mctominay or Maguire to go for a combined total of £80m

Conclusion or call it a hunch, The Glazers are clearing the decks, trying to make the club more valuable to sell and actually letting JM and ETH do their job with the excellent Matt Hargreaves being key in contract negotiations. If the club was bought in October/November would the value increase ?

Only in the unlikely event that we were leading the league and had a start like Arsenal did last season.

The obvious answer here is that Qatar went back to the Glazers and said we can not offer any more because ;

1. We have to pay the debt of £535m which has to be paid by 2025, since it was a 20 year loan and Bank of America will call it in or want to refinance which will cripple the club.

2. The Club has huge amortised debts to other football clubs because recently United have agreed most of their transfers on yearly terms, this figure of £308m effects the upcoming FSP rules drastically as it is included in the net transfer line and if your starting at -£100m for players who you still owe money every season, the club will find it difficult to spend money as the FSP rules slides down from 90% to 70%.

SJ/92 Foundation will have to pay this off in its entirety to be able to actually flex their financial muscle going forward. Selling young players under 21 for £1-3m now but potentially give you 25 to 40% of £30m transfer fees when these players develop fully is a smart move to combat future FSP rules but only if the current debt is cleared.

3. The cash position of the club rumoured to be just over £73m at the last quarter AGM will not finance £250m summer spending, however it was also stated they would use sone of the £260m, if required from the credit card facility.

So assuming the club has a budget of £170m plus £80m from sales and they back the manager to be competitive in order to raise the asking price of the club, and they actually buy ; A Onana, D Alaba, S Amrabat, M Mount, R Hojlund and O Gift, these players are all potentially upgrades but unless they make united top of the league, can not and will not increase the value of the club because the credit card used to buy them will now be maxed out at £200m again meaning the true debt of the club is £1 billion and this is why I believe Qatar will not increase their bid because they are already paying in excess of £6bn to buy 100% of the club.

Islamic businesses especially SJ will not want any debt, they pride themselves in never owning any other party money, their wish is a complete debt free United.

Jimmy Boy is the ultimate chancer, he’s just looking at any way possible to take control for vanity reasons, including partnering with two Goblins, but when he looks at the additional debt, he will have huge knock backs from INEOS who will see no potential benefits in supplying United a further minimum of £2bn required, one for debt and one for stadium and training ground redevelopment. If you forget to consider a large minority of 31% in your original bid why would you be so concerned with stadium and debt refinancing?

I actually think the sale will go through but not until early September, it may possibly announced in early August completely out of the blue and the figure may be squeezed or was originally £5.4/5.5bn and then 4/6 weeks later it will be finalised after relative checks. Why do I think this?

The Glazers are playing Russian roulette and there really is only one bidder in town, that fulfils all of the shareholders wishes, they’ve tried every trick and cheat in the book to get them to go to a completely unreasonable valuation so now, they will have to fold or go bust!
:lol:

The wishful thinking in this thread is hilarious!

Infra-red

The club sale news has gone quiet. What are the Glazers playing at? Utd are listed. If I am not mistaken, you cannot consider selling the business partially or fully and eventually decide that you have changed your mind. Does not work that way. Risk of stock manipulation, as these sale talks have influenced investors and the price of the asset over the past few months. These people would risk serious civil liability if they do not go ahead with either a full sale or a partial sale as suggested. There is no turning back.
As far as I am aware, the Glazers have only made two public statements regarding the strategic review - once in the official press release announcing the review process last November ("there can be no assurance that the review being undertaken will result in any transaction involving the Company") and the other when Avram was door-stepped by a journalist in December ("It's not necessarily a sale, it's a process... we'll see what happens").

They have been careful not to promise a sale or indeed any other transaction and therefore any claim of market manipulation is not very likely to stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.