Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The sole 100% ownership bud has been withdrawn & people are celebrating the potential of the Glazers staying on because. . . Human Rights because of course Petro-Chemical companies don’t devestate communities.

The hypocrisy on this site never ceases to outdo itself.
I’m sorry if you want United to be a sports washing gulfstate project just because the reason you support them is that they were the most successful team at the time and you want that again NOW, I really genuinely do not understand why you don’t support City? As clearly you don’t see what the club has always been about?

TsuWave

Don't know why some of you are so upset. If Qatar wanted the club then they would have got the deal done. They didn't.
They bid way above the value of the club and stayed in the process for months, how did they not want it?

Heinzesight

The Glazers yet again simply taking the piss out the fanbase. Yeah, I know initially they said it wasn’t definitely a full sale but the absolute cnuts have strung us all along for a year, inviting all bidders to Old Trafford, all the bluster, etc. Absolutely feck going to OT until these bastards are gone. Leeching cnuting family.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Not gonna lie, I’m gutted.

I’d done the mental gymnastics and accepted that being a sports washing operation was the only way we’d return to any sporting success, with appropriate investment in infrastructure.

Whilst I’m glad that we won’t have to become said sports washing operation, this is condemning us to also-rans for decades to come.

Newcastle will win the PL before we do next.
These are the people I feel the worst about. Those who had contorted themselves morally and then have to try and go back to insulting Newcastle and City like it means anything.

Oh well, they’ll move on I’m sure but there will be more than a few red faces going forward potentially.

soralapio

'Cos we dont have loadsa cash?
Because we have a stadium crumbling down from years of neglect and no hope of investing in renovating it, because the club is saddled with so much fecking debt we have to scrounge for loan players, because we have a horrible ownership structure where two cnuts in Florida have to approve literally everything from furniture purchases onwards, because everyone's agreed for years that the club's problems will only keep getting worse while the Glazers are around ... and now they're not going anywhere.

We're going to be a midtable club at best while they remain the owners.

gaffs

I love it when people say that. The club had 1 league title win in their entire history before Qatar. Their claim to fame in the last 40 years was having Ronaldinho play for them before the sale.

This myth that Qatar have failed with PSG is fascinating
Two actually.

Outgunning every team in France isn't a massive achievement.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The sole 100% ownership bud has been withdrawn & people are celebrating the potential of the Glazers staying on because. . . Human Rights because of course Petro-Chemical companies don’t devestate communities.

The hypocrisy on this site never ceases to outdo itself.
Qatar literally owns it's riches to their land fertile with oil.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not that I had any terrible affinity for quatari bid but I admit that the news has deflated me a little, I don’t see a plan that enables the glazers to stay on being one that takes the club forward

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mmm its unnecessary controversy. When i read the statement from Qatar, first thing that came to mind is that what if they get involved in some future conflict? Better to not be owned by a state at all...
You could be right about that. Our Jimbo will probably try to sell chemical weapons or something to both sides.

MDFC Manager

Worst scenario possible. Wouldn't be too upset if Ratcliffe had bought us outright but 25 percent with the Glazers still owning us is a nightmare.
This. It is absolutely the worst scenario coming to fore.

Just accelerating the club's demise

Pickle85

Great news if true. Looked a foregone conclusion at one point so delighted with this.

Dazzmondo

Anyone expecting Ratcliffe to get full ownership is naive. Glazers just taking his money so we have enough to keep the club running. They'll never sell enough that he has full ownership (he'll probably die within 10 years anyway). Truly think this is a disaster for the club, and many on here don't seem to realise how bad the ramifications are yet.

RPT_Reddevil

Sickening news

No words really

Wonder what impact will this news have on the players and the general mood at the club.

L1nk

They bid way above the value of the club and stayed in the process for months, how did they not want it?
Because they continuously offered underneath the valuation of the Glazers, as absurd as their valuation was. It’s not like Qatar couldn‘t afford it

HookedOnAPhelan

Inappropriate Content
Not that I wanted the sheikh, but we're just gonna have to hope the Glazers die in an accident or a mass shooting or something.

ScholesyTheWise

Good. I'd rather be mediocre for decades, live on former glory and be owned by cynical, cnutish billionaires wo are business-owners,
than be the best team on the planet that is state-owned.

football as we knew it is dead anyway. I'd like United to join the "sportswashing clubs" list as late as possible.
don't care if we become a mid-table team.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Because we have a stadium crumbling down from years of neglect and no hope of investing in renovating it, because the club is saddled with so much fecking debt we have to scrounge for loan players, because we have a horrible ownership structure where two cnuts in Florida have to approve literally everything from furniture purchases onwards, because everyone's agreed for years that the club's problems will only keep getting worse while the Glazers are around ... and now they're not going anywhere.

We're going to be a midtable club at best while they remain the owners.
The stadium needs a lick of paint but it's fine, it's a top ground.

Jericholyte2

Insulting another member
These are the people I feel the worst about. Those who had contorted themselves morally and then have to try and go back to insulting Newcastle and City like it means anything.

Oh well, they’ll move on I’m sure but there will be more than a few red faces going forward potentially.
I don’t need your pity you condescending cnut!

Status
Not open for further replies.